Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varensino 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (13)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Aqua Di Sydney aftershave splash
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Aqua Di Gio Pour Homme EDT

sv2E83l.jpg

Valobra Pre Shave
Declaration
Blackbird
KAi
Caties Bubbles Le Marché du Rasage

Pre-shave: Shower and Proraso Pre cream
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: D.R. Harris Windsor
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Voskhod (3)

Pretty much nailed the shave again today. I'm sure there are better soaps in my stash but after 49 consecutive shaves with the windsor, i will be a touch sad once it goes. Its lathering like a champion (has been for weeks) and we seem to have each other's back each morning!
Packed it back down to cover the base of the bowl and had to 'massage' it into place [insert @fruityasu comment here], but we should be good for another week.

No photo today as many of you are probably sick of seeing the bowl....

NZ8KF4ih.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Henry MkIII
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Razor: Heljestrand Mk10
The Heljestrand reminded why it's one of my favourite razors. Beautiful shave, lovely combo. Looking forward to the Christmas break. Making the AS for Henry is on the todo list as well as making lots of soap!:) No surprises as to what some of my family are getting for Christmas.

Rockwell 6S (4)
Lord Racer
Omega 48
Lea shave stick
Gillette moisturiser

Yet another fantastic BBS. No damage. This soap's performance is really very good and did I mention how much I just love this brush?
No wonder I’m still loving my badger brushes in my den and the omega boar too. I’m thinking about giving up on the Semogue boar brushes and keep the mixed badger/boar in my den. I find the omega boar brushes is far better than the Semogue boar brushes

NslxOfa.jpg

Blackland Vector
Kai Titan Mild
WCS Deranged Edition 28mm
PAA Doppelgänger

So, for the past week i've been using the same setup due to my partner and i purchasing our first home and the den being packed up in boxes for the move. (I don't recommend moving at this time of year 😬) As much as i've wanted to use the Vector i didn't want it's first time to be rushed, so i held off. Today the stars aligned and with the day off work and a certain Stray Whisker mail call i could wait no more.
The design is brilliant. I knew it had a very low profile head but still got a bit of a shock seeing it in person. There's nothing to it. People talk of razors being good for getting up under the nose. This thing will do under your nose and any other nook and cranny you want it to. It's manovable, nimble and feels perfect in the hand. With the Kai mild blades in it id call it a tad under middle of the road in terms of aggression. Efficient and incredibly smooth. Talking to other Vector owners that aggression can be dialed up quite a lot with the Feather Professionals and even more so with the Feather Pro Super blades. I think this is a razor that would disappoint very few.

Oh, and that CK-6 base is something very special.​

Date: 20 December 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC in Ash Wood Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Vintage Williams Mug (tallow version)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'E' / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

NslxOfa.jpg

Blackland Vector
Kai Titan Mild
WCS Deranged Edition 28mm
PAA Doppelgänger

So, for the past week i've been using the same setup due to my partner and i purchasing our first home and the den being packed up in boxes for the move. (I don't recommend moving at this time of year 😬) As much as i've wanted to use the Vector i didn't want it's first time to be rushed, so i held off. Today the stars aligned and with the day off work and a certain Stray Whisker mail call i could wait no more.
The design is brilliant. I knew it had a very low profile head but still got a bit of a shock seeing it in person. There's nothing to it. People talk of razors being good for getting up under the nose. This thing will do under your nose and any other nook and cranny you want it to. It's manovable, nimble and feels perfect in the hand. With the Kai mild blades in it id call it a tad under middle of the road in terms of aggression. Efficient and incredibly smooth. Talking to other Vector owners that aggression can be dialed up quite a lot with the Feather Professionals and even more so with the Feather Pro Super blades. I think this is a razor that would disappoint very few.

Oh, and that CK-6 base is something very special.​
At last, was waiting to see what you thought. Your description of performance is how I had imagined it would be. The unique threaded post arrangement certainly allows for a compact arrangement which also facilitates the performance of the Sabre. How would you compare the Vector with the Paradigm?

NZ8KF4ih.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Henry MkIII
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Razor: Heljestrand Mk10
The Heljestrand reminded why it's one of my favourite razors. Beautiful shave, lovely combo. Looking forward to the Christmas break. Making the AS for Henry is on the todo list as well as making lots of soap!:) No surprises as to what some of my family are getting for Christmas.

Excellent choice of razor!

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Red Lead
Rushed again, must be that time of year. Sorry for the crap photo.

fallout vault tec experiments

Status
Not open for further replies.