Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaqi's are great synthetic brushes. Just wished they sold the knots separately.
BTW what did you mean my 'Uber smooth (crap finish)!!' the razor or your technique?

They are indeed great brushes! I have more than 25 of their synthetics and admit 18 of their badger brushes. All wonderful!

The marvel is an amazing razor in terms of the shave and for comfort.
The plating/finish is rubbish! There are small plating bubbles and on the stem of the top cap, there is exposed zamac.

Now I really don't mind these things as companies always make it right but Todd at fine refuses to do anything about it and has not even bothered to respond to my follow up emails about the issue.

This will definitely be my last purchase of a fine product!!

Thursday

6HiE0Ikl.jpg

My Kemi Tempest Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Daishi
Kemi Tempest Attar
Kemi Tempest Parfum

Awesome Mix Vol 1

vIOhLs1l.jpg

Brush: Simpsons PJ2
Soap: Squadron Spitfire
Razor: Aristocrat #66
Blade: Vintage British Personna
The first use of the Aristocrat, really well made and lovely weight, probably a little mild for a truly great shave.
Have a Good Friday​

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter Texaus LE collaboration shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (11)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter Texaus LE collaboration aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

Great shave - off to car park duty for the Good Friday services. If you are going away this Easter - drive safe people :)

SISbO6Y.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Game Changer 0.84....
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow....
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger....
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus....
Post: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus Aftershave, Terre D’Hermès EDP....

Quick 2 pass, both WTG shave with the Karve D. Not going to do this again as I could use my face to scratch paint off the car!
Pre: shower and Proraso pre cream
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Boomtown
Razor: Karve D
Blade: Gillette Vintage Spoiler (1)
Soap: Grooming Dept After The Fire

Hope everyone has a safe Easter break and for those with dogs, a timely reminder about chocolate consumption:

hlKNAdxl.jpg

DIY pre shave oil
Fine Marvel w/Polsilver
Yaqi silvertip 24mm
Fine L'Orange Noir
Gaia ASB

As much as I dislike Fine and its owner, their soaps are excellent!
Hard milled pucks with nice scents and rich lather.

20190419-085059-01.jpg

Quick 2 pass, both WTG shave with the Karve D. Not going to do this again as I could use my face to scratch paint off the car!
Pre: shower and Proraso pre cream
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Boomtown
Razor: Karve D
Blade: Gillette Vintage Spoiler (1)
Soap: Grooming Dept After The Fire

Hope everyone has a safe Easter break and for those with dogs, a timely reminder about chocolate consumption:

hlKNAdxl.jpg
Looks like it’s your Easter Chocolate vomit Dog, must’ve been very embarrassing for you throwing up at your local vet for eating too much Chocolate.

Date:- 19 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 83 Boar 27/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ King of Bourbon
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #11
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

APRil SOTM
IMAG0432.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Razor: Muhle R41
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: APR Coolabah LE
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube

A warmer day today in the nation's capital so why not bring out some menth, related goodies :cool: A close, soothing near BBS.. Happy Good Friday/ Easter Long Weekend! 🐰🍫🙏

ENxPu1p.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: APR Winterfell
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: APR Ozymandias EdP

Probably my best shave of the year so far. Five days of stubble was mowed down with ruthless efficiency by the Blackbird/Vintage Personna combo. And oh so comfortable.
Whilst I don't have too much luck with aggressive razors, the Blackbird suits my face perfectly, allowing DFS+ shaves with two passes, and BBS with a third.
All helped along by the excellent Australian Private Reserve soap. As advised by the maker, the V2 soap base is significantly thirstier than the first variant, and once you have found the sweet spot, it offers superb performance. The Winterfell scent was a nice match for the cooler autumn weather that has arrived in Perth for Easter, and also worked well with the Ozymandias EdP.

Status
Not open for further replies.