Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
9FOlyYhm.jpg

Seriously time to give them brushes a tub eh Speedy?
Maybe I'll just stick to letting you do the memes.:)
Nah @Pbgoose you’re doing fine with the memes!!

Look at the splay on that....

DIY pre shave oil
Karve C w/Polsilver
TurnNshave synthetic
MWF
Gaia ASB

The C plate is incredibly smooth! Literally like there's no blade in it. However, the D plate efficiency is what suits me best.

20190421-093120-01.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter Texaus LE collaboration shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter Texaus LE collaboration aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

Felt like a Texaus morning ...

02GtP2dl.jpg

Date:- 21 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ King of Bourbon
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #6
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

It's time to put all my badger and boar brushes away, because, it's nearly mid-Autumn now while we're heading toward Winter, because, they do take a lot longer to dry out properly in colder weather.
I've soaked all my badger and boar into 50% vinegar mixed with 50% water to clean out all the soap scrub deep into the knot for about 20 or 30mins, then I'm going to give them a complete shampoo to bring back the natural hair while they're drying out before I put them away ready again for Spring and Summer. I'll be using three different synthetic brushes in my rotation until the end of Winter seasons, which makes a lot easier and they do dry out pretty quick.
There is a fix for that Speedy. Move to NQ or FNQ. Boar and Badger season all year round. Maybe not when its pissing down for the wet season, even the synths don't dry out then. :)

APRil SOTM
IMAG0433.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Razor: iKon 102 Slant + Bulldog II handle
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: APR Winterfall
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleansing Bar

Brush: RR 400
Head: Omnishaver
Blade: Polsilver SI (5)
Razor: Karve (D plate) + WCS brass handle
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: APR Winterfall
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleansing Bar

My last two shaves = DFS! Love me some Winterfall and the choice of DE was well worth it. Thoroughly enjoyed the heft from the Slant and paired with the Polsilver it shaves smooth and super efficient. Not much to add regarding the Karve as my go to razor for quality shaves :) Finished off with some devine Festivus... Happy shaves!

Date:- 22 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ King of Oud
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #12
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

Pre: Hot towel, Aloe vera gel
Razor: RazoRock Gamechanger with .84 head & Barber pole handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac

Four days growth effortlessly mowed down, did my usual two pass and touch up for a DFS +. Very impressed with the GC. If I have to find a negative it has to be the the alignment studs are on base plate. You need to exercise caution removing the blade.

Shave oil
Leaf razor w/Polsilver
Gaia ASB

Before switching to traditional shaving a decade ago, I shaved using oil and mach 3 razor for several years and had quick, comfortable DFS results daily.

I thought I'd replicate those shaves today with the leaf razor and it worked like a charm! Just 4 drops of oil and away I went. End to end shave in under 7 minutes with a DFS result!
Impressive!!

20190422-111059-01.jpg

Wd27j2Ul.jpg

Karve OC D
Shark super platinum
GD After The Fire
APR Florian
Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo

A very nice few days beard easily dispensed of with the open comb Karve. Two passes. No more, no less. Very smooth blade feel also.

Status
Not open for further replies.