Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Did my seasonal change-over yesterday. Summer in storage and winter in the drawer - so I could not resist the Fenchurch this morning, delightful!

o2dAK2Gl.jpg

Pre: shower and finished off the Proraso pre cream
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
Soap: GD After The Fire
Razor: Karve D
Blade: Gillette Vintage Spoiler (2)

Lovely relaxing shave today. Very much enjoy the D plate after only a few shaves. Going ATG is definitely more worth while than 2 WTG passes as I did yesterday.
Yet to try the D open comb but I’m sure that will need an extra day of growth first!

IMG-20190420-110408-01.jpg

So much fun now I have access to my whole collection again!! If you've started to get jaded it's a really good antidote to hide everything away for 3 months. The vintage Swedish Swing Senior is a mild razor that sung with Texaus. Fun to wear Pork Chop too on this cold Perth day. Vetiver explosion, baby.

Pre: shower and finished off the Proraso pre cream
Brush: Yaqi Timber Wolf
Soap: GD After The Fire
Razor: Karve D
Blade: Gillette Vintage Spoiler (2)

Lovely relaxing shave today. Very much enjoy the D plate after only a few shaves. Going ATG is definitely more worth while than 2 WTG passes as I did yesterday.
Yet to try the D open comb but I’m sure that will need an extra day of growth first!
I’m hoping that something’s stirring at Karve for stainless, as really want to grab a D plate as well.

DIY pre shave oil
GC84 w/Polsilver
Yaqi two band finest
DRHarris Arlington
Gaia ASB

Very nice shave with the GC today.
I think the bitey nature really comes out when the skin is not in good shape but since I've been using pre shave oil the last few days, the GC was really well behaved.

The Karve is skin friendly even when the skin is in bad shape but that was a very nice surprise from the GC.

20190420-083325-01.jpg

Date:- 20 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 011842 Boar 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ King of Bourbon
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra #10
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

The Simpson brush on the right this morning. My first butterscotch - had it reknotted by Simpsons. The Fenchurch this morning, once more delightful!

o2dAK2Gl.jpg

Easter Sunday SOTD....

5OspmqV.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Paladin El Dorado....
Soap: AP Reserve Fougère Trois....

0rBztmA.jpg

Happy Easter everyone, have a great day....

aCP3nSLh.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb No: 34 aka Green Dwarf
Brush: Omega 10019 Boar
Razor: Puma 226
AS: Sangre de Drago
Nice combo with some lovely sweet notes off the Green Dwarf and an earthy reminder there's a little Neem in the base. This soap is an exercise in water management (maybe I should've called it Murray Darling Basin) with constant hydration adjustments required as it is very thirsty.

Date:- 21 April 2019

Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #6
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)

It's time to put all my badger and boar brushes away, because, it's nearly mid-Autumn now while we're heading toward Winter, because, they do take a lot longer to dry out properly in colder weather.
I've soaked all my badger and boar into 50% vinegar mixed with 50% water to clean out all the soap scrub deep into the knot for about 20 or 30mins, then I'm going to give them a complete shampoo to bring back the natural hair while they're drying out before I put them away ready again for Spring and Summer. I'll be using three different synthetic brushes in my rotation until the end of Winter seasons, which makes a lot easier and they do dry out pretty quick.

Date:- 21 April 2019

Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #6

It's time to put all my badger and boar brushes away, because, it's nearly mid-Autumn now while we're heading toward Winter, because, they do take a lot longer to dry out properly in colder weather.
I've soaked all my badger and boar into 50% vinegar mixed with 50% water to clean out all the soap scrub deep into the knot for about 20 or 30mins, then I'm going to give them a complete shampoo to bring back the natural hair while they're drying out before I put them away ready again for Spring and Summer. I'll be using three different synthetic brushes in my rotation until the end of Winter seasons, which makes a lot easier and they do dry out pretty quick.
9FOlyYhm.jpg

Seriously time to give them brushes a tub eh Speedy?
Maybe I'll just stick to letting you do the memes.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.