Yaqi two band
OSP Lavender
Vitamin E oil

20190822-102623-1.jpg

Date:- 22 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Vie-Long Synth. Silvertip Extra Soft Faux Horn 27/52mm knot
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84 / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

I'm very impressed with the RazoRock Game Changer .84 which is very very close to the Karve Christopher Bradley 'C' base plate (0.85mm) less than 0.01mm aggression rate against the Game Changer 0.84mm, I cannot fault both razors in my den, because, they're both shave very very much the same side by side as a daily driver. Both Karve in Brass and Stainless Steel and also the RazoRock Game Changer .84 are all very smooth close shaver in my den and a real keeper.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Squadron The Warden
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword (3)

Mixed feelings about this NOS Wilkinson Sword blade. Downside is the rather rough feel as it’s going through my beard. The upside is the efficiency with Rockwell plate 6. It’s nearly 15 hours since this mornings shave and I’ve barely got a shadow

GurOZzOl.jpg

Maybe one more week with the B&M soap until onto something else.

The Karve razor stops me picking up my 6S but I want to use the 6S if only to reconfirm that it needs to be sold.

I do enjoy using the Noble Otter splash it is excellent stuff!

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Brush: Yaqi Syth Mysterious Space
Soap: Mystic Waters Coconut & Sandalwood

Got out the synthetic brush for the first time since I bought the boar and badger brushes and tell you what, it might not have the same feel as the other brushes while lathering but it certainly whips up an awesome lather in no time, quite impressed.

Also felt the 3rd use of the polsilver today and probably should of changed it but couldn’t be arsed and it didn’t stop me doing 1XTG + 2 ATG + touch ups to get my BBS. After the shave I felt the tenderness a little and decided against any alcohol splash and went with witch hazel today. Thirty mins later and skin feels good but I know I was very close to going too far.

48602630102_e1507f68f3_b.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460
Soap: Stirling - Coniferous
Razor: Razorock JAWS OC
Blade: Polsilver #1
Post-shave: Mineral Oil

Finally onto the JAWS today and I concur with @StratMan review. This razor is as efficient as the R41 without feeling overly aggressive. Initial thoughts were it's a bit like driving a Front End Loader around your face with those TEETH sticking out the bucket, but the shave was anything but awkward. Maneuvered well, more agile and dexterity than the R6.

So good I stopped at one pass WTG (sacrilege I know).

HqWSv7E.jpg

IMG-20190823-113126.jpg

Brush: RR Boar
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Squadron Soaps Group Captain's Blend
Post: Squadron Soaps Group Captain's Blend splash // Vaseline Intensive Care moisturiser

Always a delight using the Squadrons and the G.C.B is one of my favourite scents :love: Paired the Bronze SB with a Lab Blue and in all honesty I believe I've found the perfect blade for what is quickly becoming my favourite daily shaver = A glorious BBS in 3 easy passes and with some elbow grease it polishes up amazingly (y) Happ shaves!

GurOZzOl.jpg

Maybe one more week with the B&M soap until onto something else.

The Karve razor stops me picking up my 6S but I want to use the 6S if only to reconfirm that it needs to be sold.

I do enjoy using the Noble Otter splash it is excellent stuff!

I originally felt the same way but I've come to realise I like the 6S better than my Karve, if only marginally.

I'd suggest you hang on to the Rockwell, swap back and forth for a while and then decide.

The 6 plate on the Rockwell gives me a shave as good as the Karve D open comb plate, but with even less strokes.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-4765.jpg

Date:- 23 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Vie-Long Synth. Silvertip Extra Soft Faux Horn 27/52mm knot
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

gHtoVPT.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F / Brad Sears Finest Badger
Soap: Tabula Rasa Steampunk
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Nacet (3)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Musgo Real Aftershave Balm
Scent: Tabula Rasa Streampunk

Third shave with the Nacet blade. BBS, but it would seem it is a little too aggressive for my skin.
The normal superb post shave from the Tabula Rasa soap.

haEbgAJm.jpg

Brush: JR 351
Soap: PB Artemisia
Razor: Bengal/Damaskeene
Blade: Gem

My first tentative use of a straight. Many thanks to the very generous @bald as for the razor.
Just the cheeks with the straight, no nicks, another go tomorrow.​

Status
Not open for further replies.