Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
jw1PRR6h.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Artemisia
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB (Kryptonite Burl Badger Boar)
Razor: Boker King Cutter
When I used the Boker the other day I thought it wasn't quite up to standard so I put it under the scope last night and thought no wonder the shave wasn't up to par, it was as rough as a saw blade. Time for a rehone. Much better shave this morning and enjoying the freshness of Artemisia. Home shave:joyful:

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter LE Collaboration TEXAUS shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (5)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter LE Collaboration TEXAUS splash
Fragrance: N/A

Good to be home again, great lather from this amazing brush (and damn fine soap!)

VEgBdH1l.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter LE Collaboration TEXAUS shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (5)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Noble Otter LE Collaboration TEXAUS splash
Fragrance: N/A

Good to be home again, great lather from this amazing brush (and damn fine soap!)

VEgBdH1l.jpg

Just nice everything.:)

Date:- 24 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Asian Plum
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

I'm a barbershop user but couldn't find that product. Got a link?

Absolutely mate but the soap is currently out of stock

Warden Soap

The splash is amazing and a must have if u love the barbershop scent, very long lasting also

The warden splash

All Aussie made, worth emailing @SchoolForAnts he is the local artisan, who would be able to let u know when back in stock.

RChxjv8h.jpg

Soap: Pb Drachenblut
Brush: 20mm Master Badger
Razor: Game Changer OC .84
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
AS: Barrister's Reserve Spice
Dragons Eye - Collaborative Reproduction by StormBolt XD and Grandma
First use of the Game Changer OC. Suitably impressed. I was hoping it would sit in between the Gillette New LC and the Fatip Piccolo and it does. Very comfortable and efficient.

IMG-20190825-113239.jpg

Brush: RR Boar
Head: Oneblade Moto
Face: Rockwell 6S (R6 plate)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Squadron Soaps Warden

A quick pre-Meet Up SOTD. Managed to nick myself in the usual spots. The boar needs some more breaking in as its not holding as much lather needed to last the whole shave and I prefer the R4 plate as it offers less bite. All in all another happy shave! Off to see the CBR crew :)

Rockwell 6C@R6 w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 25mm
Sudsy Soapery - Citrus Bay
Vitamin E oil

Brilliant scent! I can't use bay rum as the rum & clove burn the daylights out of my skin so the fact that this soap is much more bay than citrus makes it very enjoyable for me!

20190825-090917-1.jpg

Date:- 25 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Vie-Long Synth. Silvertip Extra Soft Faux Horn 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Asian Plum
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84 / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

My first use of Stirling soap was a good experience. Loading the brush was easy, whipping up a lather in the bowl was a breeze. I found the soap slick and cushioning was also good. No question, this is an excellent soap and fragrance. (y)

IMG-4775.jpg

Last edited:
yyohklVl.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 403 Pure Badger
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: English Wilky
Cream: Pure by Gillette
A/S: Floid Black

Picked up the Pure by Gillette cream at woolies this morning. Good product for what it is, a mass market cream aimed at cartridge users. Lathers with ease, pleasant scent similar to Nivea and a very nice post shave feel.

RChxjv8h.jpg

Soap: Pb Drachenblut
Brush: 20mm Master Badger
Razor: Game Changer OC .84
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
AS: Barrister's Reserve Spice
Dragons Eye - Collaborative Reproduction by StormBolt XD and Grandma
First use of the Game Changer OC. Suitably impressed. I was hoping it would sit in between the Gillette New LC and the Fatip Piccolo and it does. Very comfortable and efficient.
I wonder how both razors compare against each other side by side the Game Changer Open Comb 0.84mm vs the Game Changer Jaws 0.84mm ?????

Last edited:
I wonder how both razors compare against each other side by side the Game Changer Open Comb 0.84mm vs the Game Changer Jaws 0.84mm ?????
I’ve read differing opinions. An OS forum suggested they were the same but Vshod says the Jaws is more aggressive than the OC, which is why I went with the OC as I wanted an OC sitting between the Gillette New LC and the Fatip Piccolo. I’d be interested in hearing from someone who could compare the Jaws to the Fatip Piccolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.