YfXhS2kl.jpg

Acqua Di Parma Oil
Acqua Di Parma Cream
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Hayashi Diamond
Kemi Hayat

Very good chase to be fair...

sDxpFqNl.jpg

Normally my Monday shave has a full 2 days growth to remove, but I shaved both days this weekend gone.

On Saturday, I used much the same kit but I gave the Muhle R89 a go. Three passes and BBS. Was relatively surprised tbh. But it did need all three passes to get there.

Sunday got the Karve C for 1 pass. Again, quite surprised as this left me feeling shaven but no irritation anywhere as can happen after shaving every day.

So today’s shave (photo above) was again excellent. 2 passes with cleanups and I’m again BBS with no issues.

Oh. And I have one more shave left on the Spice...

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captains Blend shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captains Blend splash
Fragrance: N/A

TxD6S5Kl.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: B&M Lavender

The exclusive use of the timeless 0.95, R41 and JAWs on a daily basis leaves the skin feeling it needs a break by the weekend. These are all extremely efficient razors that don’t really leave me much to shave the next morning plus I chase that BBS hard. Going to try swapping a mild razor on alternate days, which in theory should allow a little more growth on the face the next morning to then bring out the other razors.

Got out the Edwin Jagger DE89 + feather combo and was quite surprised. Not quite as close as the JAWS but still a decent shave, not BBS but a very close DFS.

The B&M reserve lavender soap smells amazing, but found it to be on the thirsty side. Need to learn to lather this one up correctly, will work on it during the week. The soap paired very well with the APR Florian.

Charcoal Goods Magnum + lvl 1, CC, Stainless head + Astra
Warden
Simpsons synthetic

Awesome 2 passes for a lovely start to a Monday. Bit nervous at the moment. Have been offered a new job, but it has quite a risk attached...​
Chemistry teacher moving to PE teacher??

I’ve read differing opinions. An OS forum suggested they were the same but Vshod says the Jaws is more aggressive than the OC, which is why I went with the OC as I wanted an OC sitting between the Gillette New LC and the Fatip Piccolo. I’d be interested in hearing from someone who could compare the Jaws to the Fatip Piccolo.

and to @SpeedyPC

i have done extensive reading on this before i purchased the JAWS, the JAWS is supposed to be more more efficient than the OC and common consensus is the OC is smoother than the JAWS. The differences are supposed to be noticeable, i intend to find out as i will be purchasing the OC head for xmas

not quite, an opportunity to work with an ed-tech start up. Very different to anything I've ever done, but quite exciting all the same. Big risk though.
Times-are-a-changin' and it might be the way to future proof your career in a developing learning avenue?
Worse case is you would no doubt be extremely employable at any other school if it didn't pay off.
Good luck with your choice!

All Aussie made, worth emailing @SchoolForAnts he is the local artisan, who would be able to let u know when back in stock.
That's why I hooked up with P&C! Unfortunate that it's based an 8+ hour drive from where I'll be visiting in Melbourne. Got a bookmark and I'll consider the product line. I see many users here. As much as I shop products on the Net, can't smell them that way. I'll keep looking. If anyone can point me to a soap maker in or near there Melbourne, or shops that stock Australian made products - I want to sniff, choose, and bring home something authentically local.

That's why I hooked up with P&C! Unfortunate that it's based an 8+ hour drive from where I'll be visiting in Melbourne. Got a bookmark and I'll consider the product line. I see many users here. As much as I shop products on the Net, can't smell them that way. I'll keep looking. If anyone can point me to a soap maker in or near there Melbourne, or shops that stock Australian made products - I want to sniff, choose, and bring home something authentically local.

yeah its local here in Adelaide, but regardless i do not believe he has a shop front to test / smell and i do not believe any retailer has the product. All i can assure you is if you love barbershop you will love this fragrance.. Every now and again P&C members organize a 'meet up' in each city.. if you want to smell before you buy maybe best to wait for the melbourne meet up and ask a member to bring one along if they have one.

but yeah, mate.. i love the old school barbershop smell and this is one you wont want to miss out on.. IMHO

MensBiz (there are two stores in Melbourne) has goodies to see, hold and sniff.

The Australian Natural Soap Company also has two stores in Melbourne to see their wares. These are made in Melbourne
https://www.theaustraliannaturalsoapcompany.com.au/dealers

I "think" Beard & Blade might also allow walk-ins by appointment. Don't quote me though...

The last few shaves with this razor I have noticed a slight fall-off in sharpness, it's gone beyond just stropping so only one thing to do I arranged an appointment with Mr Chosera, decided to completely kill the edge on this razor with a few direct light strokes on the corner of my 1K Chosera, then a complete bevel set, quickly through my progression Chosera 1K, 3K, 5K, looking very good Snow White 8K, Naniwa 12K finally Mr smooth the Suehiro Gokumyo 20K, stropped 60 linen 60 leather and the final test this mornings shave, the edge went through those whiskers like an hot-knife through butter sooooooooooooooo smooooooooooooth.:)

LEsLxox.jpg

Cedric Christ Custom Summinagashi Hoshi Tombo tribute
Strop Martin J. Rubin New York
Muhle Fibre Silvertip XL
APR Ozymandias Soap
APR Ozymandias Aftershave

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coolabah
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
Shaving nirvana right here folks. Feeling refreshed and a wonderful scent to boot. :cool:

IMG-4777.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coolabah
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
Shaving nirvana right here folks. Feeling refreshed and a wonderful scent to boot. :cool:

IMG-4777.jpg

Isn’t it cold shaving out in the garden here in Canberra?

Status
Not open for further replies.