Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall you mentioned somewhere about you believe using 2 x bottles of splash for 1 tub of soap about normal. I thought this was saying to use more splash than i was previously. I almost think 1 x splash to 2 x soaps, but i might load heavy

Absolutely, this is because they sell out not because you use twice as much!

Merkur 34C
Gillette Super Stainless - Made in France (J-4 1989)
Phoenix Shaving - The Green Hornet
Arko Shave Stick
Old Spice Knockoff from Family Dollar

vSKybAQl.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 403 Mixed
Razor: Pal Injecto Matic
Blade: Personna Injector
Soap: MWF
A/S: Aqua Velva

Nice injector and a fine aftershave you got there. :D

Good point.

I recall you mentioned somewhere about you believe using 2 x bottles of splash for 1 tub of soap about normal. I thought this was saying to use more splash than i was previously. I almost think 1 x splash to 2 x soaps, but i might load heavy :giggle:
The soap is designed to be loaded up heavily and that will give the best result IMO.

Date: 22 January 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Piacenza
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #8
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

I've sold my Rockwell Model T today because I couldn't shave under my nose going WTG and XTG, I can only shave ATG because the top TTO head was to round and big.
Since I don't have any issues at all using the Rockwell 6C & 6S under my nose, because the top cap head is not too big or round against the Model T.

9 more days to go for the whole month of February ARKO!!!!! shave
m0126.gif

9 more days to go for the whole month of February ARKO!!!!! shave
m0126.gif

Speedy, Speedy, Speedy, you do present me with a dilemma. Do I keep my personal use of Arko going or do I hold my excitement in check for a few more days.
Arko was going to be a simple choice tonight. Now I may have to postpone my shave another day to decide on the soap to use.:wacky:

I may have to get to and make a soap "just in case" for tonight - and yes it can easily be done:)

Speedy, Speedy, Speedy, you do present me with a dilemma. Do I keep my personal use of Arko going or do I hold my excitement in check for a few more days.
Arko was going to be a simple choice tonight. Now I may have to postpone my shave another day to decide on the soap to use.:wacky:

I may have to get to and make a soap "just in case" for tonight - and yes it can easily be done:)
Don't forget the milk because you're going to need lots of it, why? to drink all the milk for a whole month while you're using Arko if you can't stand the smell

giphy.gif

Good shave tonight. Decided to give Tabac a run and I personally didn't like it all that much for a straight razor. It had all the correct attributes even a pleasant "old man" scent, yet all of that didn't add up to a stellar shave. I'm surprised as the lather was great but certain properties of the lather didn't translate to a great shave. I may have an extended month of Arko or finish the month out with an Artisan soap.
Puma 5/8" Honed on my Jnat finished on linen and leather.
Boar brush [Ah there's the problem :) ]
Tabac
DFS for a single pass
Macadamia nut oil with Lemon Myrtle.

January SOTD with Squadron Soap
IMAG0362.jpg

Brush: PAA Green Ray
Face: Yaqi DOC & RR bambo handle
Blade: Permasharp (1)
Soap: Squadron's Scramble
Pre: Shower & Washpool face cleanser bar

Another top Squadron's shave. Compliments from the misses on the scent @SchoolForAnts - she's very hard to impress but this soap/splash is pure bliss... Happy shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.