Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve - Fresca - Eau de Parfum

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus brush
Soap/Cream: B&M Cologne Russe shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Ever-Ready Heavy Flat Top SE razor
Blade: GEM SE blade (8)
Post-shave: B&M Cologne Russe shave lotion
Fragrance: N/A

Second week with this blade - the SE blades go the distance!

The Vintage Ever-Ready Heavy Flat Top is a lovely looking and using razor - really enjoying the SE side of the fence.

The @Tony Forsyth brush is superb too, great looker and great performance.

All in all a great start to the day!

G51r9w1l.jpg

Florian day today... I just love how this scent opens up when you start loading your brush, the scent itself is amazing. I heavily loaded the brush this time and produced the best lather to date, also pegged down the Rockwell plate to a plate 4 and the result was a super smooth and comfortable shave. Took @tim33z & @todras comments onboard and used half the amount of splash with a slightly wet hand to help distribute. Will see how that goes as i usually get 'greasy skin' when applying the splash, i do go a bit nuts on it though. If this works out will have to purchase EDTs to scents i enjoy in the future.

Pre-shave: Warm Shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap/Cream: APR Florian
Razor: Rockwell 6C R4
Blade: Persona Platinum (3)
Post-shave: APR Florian Splash

9c8Jxqxl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Kaolin Pimento Silk
Brush: Semogue 1305
Blade: Feather Pro Super (2)
AS: Pb Pimento Silk
Haven't used this soap for ages as I was a bit over the scent but was very pleasantly surprised this morning. I don't remember the lather being this good so I'm assuming soaps improve with age to some degree, until they finally oxidise and go manky? Of course the General always impresses. Happy shaves.

Shower
Rockwell 6S R2
Personna Lab blue (3)
Cella
Platypus 26mm fan
Proraso green balm (sample)

I can't believe this blade cuts me on the R2 plate - it's just unheard of... anyway it was a much closer and more satisfying shave (BBS) than yesterday's on the R1 plate despite some blood. I do love my BBS... I probably need to just treat it with more respect which I'm not used to having to do for any other blade with the Rocky. I might try it in my Fatip to switch it right up and see whether a properly aggressive razor changes anything or (probably) just yields more blood.

Shower
Rockwell 6S R2
Personna Lab blue (3)
Cella
Platypus 26mm fan

I can't believe this blade cuts me on the R2 plate - it's just unheard of... anyway it was a much closer and more satisfying shave (BBS) than yesterday's on the R1 plate despite some blood. I do love my BBS... I probably need to just treat it with more respect which I'm not used to having to do for any other blade with the Rocky. I might try it in my Fatip to switch it right up and see whether a properly aggressive razor changes anything or (probably) just yields more blood.
Now you understand why you’ve got your avatar of Norman Gunston having too many tiny toilet papers on your face :smuggrin:

24/JAN/19

DOVO - Bismarck, 6/8 full hollow
APR - Skyefall, soap and splash
Simpsons - Milk Churn, best
Earworm: The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

Wonderful two pass shave today. I'm not particularly one for matching soaps to seasons, but it was a cool start to the day this morning and this just seemed the right choice. Whipped up some wonderful lather with the Simpsons Milk Churn.

I recently purchased the Simpsons Captain 2 and the Milk churn, both in best. As a simple bit of feedback, I find the hair in the captain better than that in the Milk Churn. This could be down to the difference in the knots. 24mm as compared to 20mm in the Churn. I also tend to bowl lather, and I find the Captain is really wonderful to hold (YMMV)

Last edited:
Shower
Rockwell 6S R2
Personna Lab blue (3)
Cella
Platypus 26mm fan

make sure you touch is very very light.. no pressure at all.. and chuck in the R3 for better efficiency.. i started on the 3 and went up to 6.. for daily shaves the 4 i found is most comfortable but if i mow down 3 days growth the 5 or possibly 6 is the go

make sure you touch is very very light.. no pressure at all.. and chuck in the R3 for better efficiency.. i started on the 3 and went up to 6.. for daily shaves the 4 i found is most comfortable but if i mow down 3 days growth the 5 or possibly 6 is the go
I don’t have any issues mowing down every two days growth using an R6 as my daily driver, gives me irritation free shave every time giving my face smooth as a
LK91Bde.gif

I don’t have any issues mowing down every two days growth using an R6 as my daily driver, gives me irritation free shave every time giving my face smooth as a
LK91Bde.gif

i have been using a R5 as my daily but changed back to a R4 and found it smoother. I am sure technique has a lot to do with it. I dont cut myself at all on a R5 or R6 as a daily but i def feel the blade exposure :)

Hey guys - FYI I've been using R6 regularly with other blades, as well as a Fatip Grande OC (more aggressive) and a Feather Artist Club kami with Pro Super blades (as aggressive as it gets) - all without the injuries these blades are giving me on R2... it just seems rather odd.

Hey guys - FYI I've been using R6 regularly with other blades, as well as a Fatip Grande OC (more aggressive) and a Feather Artist Club kami with Pro Super blades (as aggressive as it gets) - all without the injuries these blades are giving me on R2... it just seems rather odd.
@RazorPlay I’ve found your problem using the R2 during your shave ;) because you worried too much

giphy.gif

I've been happy to use the R2 as my daily lately, and if i feel its not getting me close enough, i'll flip it to the R4 for a day or 2.
I go more for comfort now than closeness (which i agree is nice and why you are all rubbing your cheeks right now....) paging @fruityasu

@StratMan how the experiment with the APR splash going today?

I've been happy to use the R2 as my daily lately, and if i feel its not getting me close enough, i'll flip it to the R4 for a day or 2.
I go more for comfort now than closeness (which i agree is nice and why you are all rubbing your cheeks right now....) paging @fruityasu

@StratMan how the experiment with the APR splash going today?

Surely @tim33z im not that pre-dick-table....🤣😂🤣

January SOTD with Squadron Soap
IMAG0364.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Face: Karve (D plate)
Blade: Perma Sharp (2)
Soap: Squadron's Dutch Resistance
Pre: Shower & Washpool face cleanser bar

A super smooth, delicious SOTN with the awesome Karve. Surprised at how comfortable the shave was with this blade. Have a great evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.