Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: My Beard Oil
Brush : NoName Silver tip
Razor: NoName black knurled EJ head
Blade Dorco ST300
Soap: Gillette "Pure"
A/S: Witch hazel/Aloe/tea tree blend

G9FZLXI.jpg

Spoiled myself with a bath and a hot flannel and got quite a nice close shave, can't say I'm super impressed with the Dorco blades. Not sure why as they seem plenty sharp but not the neatest finish/cut and got me 2 nicks. Not bad, far from good... Razor worked a treat as expected. Gillette Pure Gel was a surprise, my son tells me you don;t need to lather gel's lol...Opps... This one leathers like mad hahahaha, nice feel fresh, might have mint oil... I like it. Zero irritation... Can't wait for the next morning.
I use the Dorco ST-301's and find them very good. I think somebody may have mentioned it to you before that you have to find the blades that work for you and the razor/s you have. So I don't use the Dorco's in all my DE's. I find them a milder blade so they work well in my med to aggressive razors. Also they aren't long livers, i.e. I get three shaves maximum from them, but they are cheap so it doesn't matter. So if you don't like them don't necessarily throw them but try them in a different razor.

I use the Dorco ST-301's and find them very good. I think somebody may have mentioned it to you before that you have to find the blades that work for you and the razor/s you have. So I don't use the Dorco's in all my DE's. I find them a milder blade so they work well in my med to aggressive razors. Also they aren't long livers, i.e. I get three shaves maximum from them, but they are cheap so it doesn't matter. So if you don't like them don't necessarily throw them but try them in a different razor.

I think someone has said that, I've read it also hence why I have so many different brands to work my way through to try and see what I like, this was my first go with the Dorco ST300.. Next will be Perma Sharp I think, I have dozens of different brands already waiting to have a go at my face lol. Not sure if I have any of the 301's to try, will have to check.

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Pre: Shower + Nivea face wash
Soap: Squadron Soap Warden

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDT

Back from PER yesterday via MEL, didn't see @tim33z, and VERY much enjoyed a shave at home today.

72VDL02l.jpg

Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap

Back from PER yesterday via MEL, didn't see @tim33z, and VERY much enjoyed a shave at home today.

72VDL02l.jpg
So you’ve left just as the rain appeared to have gone away?
Yesterday, I got back to the hotel looking more lobster than human after a day in Mandurah then Fremantle.

To update on shave matters the last few days:
Pre: shitty shower with lowish pressure
Brush: Yaqi mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: Karve CB brass with C plate (B on Friday)
Blade: Polsilver
Cream: Proraso green tube
Post: Proraso green splash and Soap Commander Respect balm

When I got home last night I put some additional balm on my neck and forehead to cool the burn. It worked well so today can be guaranteed to involve more balm in similar style.

Date:- 03 November 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Game Changer .84 / Wizamet Super Iridium #13
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard

IMG-5038.jpg

Back to work Monday! Raining in Canberra yesterday, I clearly brought it back from Melbourne on Saturday, which was nice to see. A real freshness in the air today!

So why not start with a lovely fresh shave :)

72VDL02l.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Brush: Yaqi Synthetic Pony 26mm
Soap: Stirling Blu

My best shaves are on Mondays, due to having two days growth to shave off. Todays was sublime, super close & smooth with zero irritation. Great start to the day!!!

49009142777_9ba155cea8_b.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Face: Karve Brass SB (D plate)
Head: Headblade Moto
Blade: Astra Blue (4)
Soap: Pereira's Charcoal Soap
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Black XS Cologne // Plunkett's Aloe Vera Gel

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Astra Blue (5)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Noir
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Black XS Cologne // Plunkett's Aloe Vera Gel

Besides nursing some serious sunburn on my noggin - Two different but never the less fantastic SOTD! I found the Astra slightly rough in the Karve but smooth with the Dart. Both soaps lathered up nice a slick with no post shave issues. Finished off with some Aloe Gel for soothing the red/burning on the scalp :mad: Happy shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.