Status
Not open for further replies.

mnOxIKm.jpg

M&F
Dart+Uf0
Feather
AP Reserve Florian
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta

average to crappy shave today.... tried the rockwell on plate 4 trying to improve on technique with a gillette nacet blade.. not a comfortable shave at all, no real burn as such but more like a needle type feeling feeling on the face in certain areas.

not sure if it was due to doing more passes on plate 4 or the blade itself, or the new lather with the mystic waters

Pre-shave: Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Mystic Waters Coconut and Sandalwood
Post-Shave: A&E Vanille de Tabac

Date: 26 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #4
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil & Peppermint Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

:banghead: 2 more days to go for the whole month of Arko February shave. :arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead:

Pre: Shower then Mister Joe pre-shave soap
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (3)
Soap: Maggards Orange Chill (sample)

Something about the Rockwell plate 4 today as per @StratMan and his crappy shave above mine was similar. The main problem was the neck on the right side of my jugular and i went over it a few too many times to 'try' to get all the stubble, but in the end, i couldnt anyway.

These days occur from time to time i find, so should be taken in one's stride.

Something about the Rockwell plate 4 today as per @StratMan and his crappy shave above mine was similar. The main problem was the neck on the right side of my jugular and i went over it a few too many times to 'try' to get all the stubble, but in the end, i couldnt anyway.

i miss the wolf tell you that much mate.. gonna try the plate 5 same blade tomorrow with the warden and see what happens, if the shave is the same maybe the nacet is not for me

average to crappy shave today.... tried the rockwell on plate 4 trying to improve on technique with a gillette nacet blade.. not a comfortable shave at all, no real burn as such but more like a needle type feeling feeling on the face in certain areas.

not sure if it was due to doing more passes on plate 4 or the blade itself, or the new lather with the mystic waters

Pre-shave: Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Mystic Waters Coconut and Sandalwood
Post-Shave: A&E Vanille de Tabac

Shaving karma.

If only you had embraced the need for classic vintage razors ...

Aren't they all "vintage" and it's just the degree of vintage that differs....??

No, no, no ...

There is retro, vintage and antique - please be clear on this ...

No, no, no ...

No, no, no ...

Sounds good. For the sake of clarity can you provide definition to those three categories? I think I understand but not sure how well I could define it.

Sounds good. For the sake of clarity can you provide definition to those three categories? I think I understand but not sure how well I could define it.

That is the $64m question!

As much as there are any 'standards' vintage is normally 20 years + and antique 100 years +

Not sure about retro

Shaving karma.

If only you had embraced the need for classic vintage razors ...
I love vintage razors, I’m glad to be completely involved, while I do enjoy modern razors during my rotation.

I do have a very serious VRAD, bastard wet shaving community your giving me some serious wet shaving mental health issues.

Shower
Feather Artist Club Kamisori non-folding razor
Feather Pro Super blade (3)
Derby Menthol Cream
Omega 49
Re-lather and cold rinse

Nothing quite beats a BBS with this razor... it's still in place at midday.

Yesterday I had trouble with my stubble catching on my motorbike helmet at the end of the day... unacceptable!

KarveD w/nacet
EJ STFv1 25mm
MWF stick
Gaia ASB

Seems to be a nacet day. So many SOTD with this blade.

I thought I'd try one in my karve as I was sent a tuck from a friend. I last used these blades about 4 years ago and they were just ok.

In the karve, they were good but nothing like the Polsilver!
The Polsilver is just in a league of its own!!

20190226-093222-01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.