Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: The one, the only, ARKO! shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: APR Alfredus Choice aftershave splash
Fragrance: APR Alfredus Choice EDP

After a month of ARKO! I chose - ARKO! Yes, well I did start a couple of days late

Well done to those who survived the challenge (y)

KvGluUJl.jpg

Wow, I didn't think I'd see any more Arko SOTD entries anytime soon 😳

Wow, I didn't think I'd see any more Arko SOTD entries anytime soon 😳

I was a little late in starting because I was overseas

Pre: shower then Mister Joe glycerin soap
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Rockwell 6s (2)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (4)
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Fern

Loaded the crap outta the sample and got it to go all gooey and sticky. Then on the face, added loads of water little by little. AMAZING lather!!!!!

This can easily be one of my best soaps based on this shave...

Ended with a nice comfortable and close DFS.

KarveD w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 23mm
MWF
Gaia ASB
Just a wonderful, effortless BBS with this combination. It was nearly too easy!!

I'm not in the MWF March group though...I don't see much point in having a 120 soap rotation and using one soap for an entire month.
20190302-083622-01.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: PAA Doppelgänger Black
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)

First shave with the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black soap went reasonably well, but there's room for improvement as I forged ahead even though I knew the lather was too dry. Scent was pretty good off the tub and once lathered; supposedly a clone of Christian Dior Sauvage.

Mark, I doubt any of us are sadistic enough to inisist on you fulfilling 28 shaves! 🙂 I usually shave daily, but skipped a few days during the challenge....
@astinus4 , you're a genius! I think you've just diagnosed the shaving equivalent of a 'stuck record'. How remiss of us to not have been looking after one of our own. I think we should recommend that @Mark1966 see the P&C counsellor , who is Mark1966 being the only staffer. He will need to sit himself in a comfortable reclining chair and discuss with himself the strange need to revisit Arko every day even post challenge. Mrs Mark1966 will come along in due course and find him muttering to himself something about something called 'Arko'. She will ban the stuff and order will once again be restored to the shaving world. Well done astinus4, well done Mark1966 for counselling services provided above and beyond the call, and well done Mrs Mark1966 (caus' somebody's got to love 'im) (well we do too, we were concerned for you).

Mark, I doubt any of us are sadistic enough to inisist on you fulfilling 28 shaves! 🙂 I usually shave daily, but skipped a few days during the challenge....

It is a matter of honour!

@astinus4 , you're a genius! I think you've just diagnosed the shaving equivalent of a 'stuck record'. How remiss of us to not have been looking after one of our own. I think we should recommend that @Mark1966 see the P&C counsellor , who is Mark1966 being the only staffer. He will need to sit himself in a comfortable reclining chair and discuss with himself the strange need to revisit Arko every day even post challenge. Mrs Mark1966 will come along in due course and find him muttering to himself something about something called 'Arko'. She will ban the stuff and order will once again be restored to the shaving world. Well done astinus4, well done Mark1966 for counselling services provided above and beyond the call, and well done Mrs Mark1966 (caus' somebody's got to love 'im) (well we do too, we were concerned for you).

After talking to myself for a while this afternoon it all seems to be sorted (Hint for others - argue with yourself, it is great, you ALWAYS win!)

I must admit I was worried about making the whole month early on. Mrs Mark1966 did ask after a couple of days 'what is that lemony smell in the bathroom' to which I replied that it was my shaving soap. Her response was 'smells awful' (I doubt she had the experience to connect to a urinal cake) but I was half expecting that it would get banned!

Never fear guys, I will not be using the ARKO! tomorrow. New set-up coming :)

Mrs Mark1966 did ask after a couple of days 'what is that lemony smell in the bathroom' to which I replied that it was my shaving soap. Her response was 'smells awful' (I doubt she had the experience to connect to a urinal cake) but I was half expecting that it would get banned!

Mrs @Mark1966 is 100% right about the urinal cake smell
t9716.gif
from Arko, if you didn't listen to your wife Mark, she would have dumped you on the spot and she wouldn't go need you for a lip-pa kiss.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum Block, Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black

4 shaves and done with the Nacet. Not bad, but yet to be convinced that it's a keeper. Am taking the Rockwell 6c for its first outing tomorrow, so will be returning to a blade that's a known quantity (Feather).

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter / APR LE Texaus shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat '#15'
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Noble Otter / APR LE Texaus aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

My heart sunk when I received this at my hotel in San Antonio on my recent trip and realised I would go home to a month of ARKO!

Many thanks to @nervosa1901 for grabbed me some when it was on sale in the US and then shipping to me when I arrived some months later (y)

I've heard a lot about the Noble Otter soaps and I certainly know why - they are great, rich, thick lather very quickly. The scent is from @todras, so enough said there too!

Overall a fantastic shave. While the ARKO! was fine this takes shaving to a whole new level :)

b7g8AQbl.jpg

Oh, BTW - like what you hear about this? Save up for the Charity Auction and the other set I purchased could be coming your way ...

Status
Not open for further replies.