Not open for further replies.
IMG-20200608-120609.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Hybrid Mallee Burl Chameleon + 30mm Rhodium knot:love:
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite
Bowl: Bloom Pottery Shaving Bowl
Pre: Shower

I've been waiting all weekend to try the new brush out and first impressions are WOWZERS! This photo doesn't do the brush any justice as its a true piece of art and the way @Tony Forsyth managed to work into it the Mallee Burl and Chameleon pigments really makes the handle pop. I'm normally a synthetic knot guy so didn't really know what to expect when lathering the badger but after some initial trial and error adding water I managed to get the lather going with enough left over for a weeks worth of shaves. Really creamy and full of soft peaks that I rarely achieve with a Synthetic brush.

IMHO Synthetic's are great at whipping up a quick lather but can't compare to the badger on feel and quality of lather and I'm looking forward to adding another special brush to my collection. I don't want to get ahead of myself as its only the first shave in but I'm loving the badger and the Rhodium knot feels soft on my face and I'm so glad I listened to @alfredus as he's right on the money regarding the quality and performance. I'm liking the chubby style handle as it allows for good control when in use and isn't too big for me, despite looking quite large. I'll be doing a complete review once I have given the brush a good working in over the coming week so until then thanks again to Tony and @Srdjan for what truly is a masterpiece. Happy shaves!(y):)

IMG-20200608-120609.jpg

I've been waiting all weekend to try the new brush out and first impressions are WOWZERS! This photo doesn't do the brush any justice as its a true piece of art and the way @Tony Forsyth managed to work into it the Mallee Burl and Chameleon pigments really makes the handle pop. I'm normally a synthetic knot guy so didn't really know what to expect when lathering the badger but after some initial trial and error adding water I managed to get the lather going with enough left over for a weeks worth of shaves. Really creamy and full of soft peaks that I rarely achieve with a Synthetic brush.

IMHO Synthetic's are great at whipping up a quick lather but can't compare to the badger on feel and quality of lather and I'm looking forward to adding another special brush to my collection. I don't want to get ahead of myself as its only the first shave in but I'm loving the badger and the Rhodium knot feels soft on my face and I'm so glad I listened to @alfredus as he's right on the money regarding the quality and performance. I'm liking the chubby style handle as it allows for good control when in use and isn't too big for me, despite looking quite large. I'll be doing a complete review once I have given the brush a good working in over the coming week so until then thanks again to Tony and @Srdjan for what truly is a masterpiece. Happy shaves!(y):)

Congrats on that brush!

IMG-20200608-120609.jpg

:love: Very nice brush.

DheNeYe_d.jpg

Brush: WWB + Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather (2)
Lather: Stirling - Weekend in Malibu
Frag: Tom Ford - Black Orchid (sample)

Thanks to @tim33z for the soap sample.
It’s a great scent and soap. I have never tried Stirling soaps before, and I will absolutely be checking them out.​
Epic photo mate!

UeHa353.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: APR Bay City
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler(1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Bootleggers El Dorado Aftershave Splash
Scent: Portus Cale Black EdT

A very nice 3 pass shave with my favourite Bay Rum soap. The fresh Spoiler blade, inexorably clamped clamped by the precise tolerances of the WR1, was as buttery smooth as it was deadly efficient.
Thanks to @Mark1966 for reminding me that it was time to break out the Bay Rum.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson LE 19/150 Jubilee Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Klar Seifen Classic shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve splash
Fragrance: N/A

Some days are days for good old 'drugstore' aftershaves!

Particularly if the "good old drugstore" is Pasteur's Pharmacy (NYC)!

Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

0iWRu4K.jpg

Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum

Cold but beautiful winter day here - feels very much like autumn in the old world.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week (y)

Pre: hot shower and hot towel
Bowl: stone bowl
Soap: P & B imperial rum
Brush: Semogue 720 HD
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Personna Israeli Red

Was a good shave but the Israeli red felt a little rough and maybe not suited to the R 41 razor, god I love this imperial rum A/S gel feels so good and stays strong for ages

Pre-shave: Bloom Water
Brush: Shavemac - Americana
Soap: P.160 - Tipo Morbido
Razor: Wals Solingen Platypus Extra Hollow Ground
Post-shave: Body Shop Maca Root Aloe Calming Post Shave Water Gel

LyvpTle.jpg

Googling best soap for straight shaving and there is a lot of votes for Tabac which I don't have (wish list) and then I remembered the P.160.
Decided to treat myself to the best straight shave I could with P.160 slickness (the bloom water was good enough to shave with), ShaveMac (need I say more), freshly honed Platypus, and Maca Root Aloe Calming Post Shave
Made some progress with bowl lathering: After lathering to the desired consistency squeezed lather back into the bowl, then reloaded the brush from the bowl.
This allowed me to control the amount of lather on tip of brush instead of completely saturated but with the same slick and creamy lather. If @bald as honing is a 10 (Feather) I am still struggling with 6.5 - 7 (Derby).

Last edited:
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender shaving soap
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: APR Lavender Violette splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti

Nice start to a full day in the office, that will be a change ...

Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender shaving soap
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: APR Lavender Violette splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti

Nice start to a full day in the office, that will be a change ...

That handle is absolutely stunning.

is the Rocca SS or just a brushed look?

Status
Not open for further replies.