YpaZQgs.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; CRSW American Barbershop Aftershave
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

A very comfortable and close shave. The SMN crema da barba is always an absolute pleasure to use.
I made a hash of the shave right at the end, when doing a trim under the nose. I have been using a Merkur Futur for the last several weeks, and this razor has a very different head geometry to the Wolfman.
I got the angle of attack all wrong, and the Spoiler let me know about it - ouch! Alum stick to the rescue, and lesson learnt.

Pre: hot towel and hot shower
Bowl: Stone bowl
Soap: TOBS Sandlewood
Brush: Omego Puro Tasso
Razor: Merker 23C
Blade:Feather (6)
EDT: Demeter Petrichor

Tonight proved to be another good shave, the TOBS is just faultless when it comes to lathering in a bowl it just expands in volume so well no matter how crazy you get with adding water. I got 3 passes and a touch up plus a brush full of lather at the end to wash my face with, and I could have shaved with the bloom water😉. Only one very small weeper and a mild sting from shave 6 on this blade, an easily earnt BBS face for an 8/10. Finished with a new addition fragrance wise from a parcel delivered today Demeter “Petrichor” that is meant to smell like fresh rain opening up on dry land. It is a nice light smell that will be best suited to the summer months I think.

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Semogue 1305 Premium Boar 90% Tops - Dyed
Soap:- Phoenix Artisan Accouterments - Dapper Doc's
Razor:- Wolfman WR2 1.05 OC Darwin Handle, Basic Polish
Blade:- Astra SP (1)
Aftershave:- Phoenix Artisan Accouterments - Dapper Doc's

j0vSQvK.jpg

First shave with the Wolfman didn't disappoint. First time I have experienced the aggressiveness of a few stingers (may have been left over from yesterdays straight) without any post shave razor burn.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson LE 19/150 Jubilee Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Revamped Vintage Gillette "Fatboy" (5)
Blade: NOS Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Lovely run with the new (to me) razor this morning. The previous owner indicated he only used once post revamp and that does seem to be the case.

Machine: timeless 0.95 oc scalloped / UFO Goliath prototype
blade: Astra Platinum
brush: tony Forsyth Manchurian
soap: APR Winterfall
splash: A&E Khalifa

wXAekP6.jpg

Amazin combination. Arguably my best shave ever with an Astra green....

[video=youtube]
Are these the new Astra Greens that no longer have the small numbers (1, 2 ,3 & 4) on the corners of the blades? Astra Greens are my go to blades, they never disappoint.

k71hJiZ_d.jpg

RazorRock Plissoft
Merkur 34c
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Barrister and Mann - Lavanille
Barrister and Mann - Reserve Waves
Tom Ford - Vanille Fatale sample

Love the rich aromatic scent of Lavanille.
Borrowed a fragrance sample from the wife and what a way to ruin everything...
Lucky it faded quick, and I keep a bottle of YSL La Nuit De L’Homme in the office

Feather Artist club DX non-folding
Feather Pro blade (4)
Omega 48
Proraso Red
Imperial Leather A/S

Blade has smoothed out nicely now and I have grown in confidence after picking up this razor again after a hiatus of many moons. So I went for some ATG passes and there was no problem - just one small weeper and an excellent shave...

Are these the new Astra Greens that no longer have the small numbers (1, 2 ,3 & 4) on the corners of the blades? Astra Greens are my go to blades, they never disappoint.

I do think so. These ones have one side with no laser engraving, and in the other side it is engraved, but hollow, ie, not dark colored the letters. I am pretty sure they dont have numbers printed, but i will check
cheers

I do think so. These ones have one side with no laser engraving, and in the other side it is engraved, but hollow, ie, not dark colored the letters. I am pretty sure they dont have numbers printed, but i will check
cheers

FYI Below

Status
Not open for further replies.