Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Ace
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
A magnificent razor that keeps giving smooth and comfortable shaves.

Pre: Hot shower then hot towel
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Bay Rum
Bowl/Scuttle: Granite
Brush: Semogue 730 HD Silvertip Badger
Razor: Muhle R41 Rose Gold
Blade: Feather (1)
A/S: Home made Bay Rum scent based on witch hazel, glycerine and ‘The Krakken’ rum with lime and bay essential oil and secret spices
A/S: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Bay Rum -More for scent

Date:- 13 July 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Taum Sauk (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Tonight Tipple:- Balvenie Doublewood 17yrs old :cigar::happy:

Book 15 of 21.
19074088.jpg

Last edited:
SOTE 13 July 2020:

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Karve Brass SB C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Noble Otter - Hamami

My first shave with the Karve, my second razor. I purposely didn’t shave in the morning because I knew this would arrive at the office today. It was just a very quick shave, I had the kids screaming in the living room. But yeah... wow... I love this thing. Love the weight of it. It was just a ridiculously easy and smooth shave. Very happy, worth the wait.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Silvertip Badger 21mm
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil - Triskele
Razor:- Parker Semi-Slant
Blade:- Gillette Nacet (1)
Aftershave:- Murphy & McNeil - Triskele

L9PF6ON.jpg

EJ Brush is super soft and luxurious holds a lot of lather for a small brush
Neglected my first love the Sledgehammer Merkur 39C for over 9 months and now have an excuse to compare slants (Merkur 39C, Parker Semi-Slant, RR German 37 and Wunderbar)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark
Blade: Russian Iridium - super (3)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire Solid Cologne

66Crt8Fl.jpg

m4PWjdR_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard 24mm SHD
Karve Brass SB-C
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Barrister and Mann - Vespers
Nivea Sensitive Balm

I had a evening shave last night, so not much growth at all. But with a new razor you just have to have a shave again in the morning, right? Coming from the 34c I just love the extra weight and the more aggressive blade gap. It was an awesome shave. My second shave with the Karve and I love it already.​

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Italian Barber Game Changer .84P
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap: Squadron Soap The Warden
Pre: Shower
Post: Squadron Soap The Warden splash // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm
WTG, XTG, ATG = near BBS

A quick pre-work shave with wonderful results. Back to reality after trialling some "premium DEs". The blade/razor combination shaved smooth & close thanks in large part to the slick lather. Highly recommend this soap and splash as the scent is one of my favourites and performance wise its top 10 in my books. :love: Happy shaves!

Razor: DE89 + 6C Handle
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 2-Band Badger
Soap: Fine Santal Absolut
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel + Fine Santal Absolut Splash

Another nice shave with the DE89!!

The fine soap is amazingly slick, very happy with performance but i find that unless i add the witch hazel (before the splash) I find it drying.. with the WH post shave is excellent

50109256858_84f5edcb5e_b.jpg

m4PWjdR_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard 24mm SHD
Karve Brass SB-C
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Barrister and Mann - Vespers
Nivea Sensitive Balm

I had a evening shave last night, so not much growth at all. But with a new razor you just have to have a shave again in the morning, right? Coming from the 34c I just love the extra weight and the more aggressive blade gap. It was an awesome shave. My second shave with the Karve and I love it already.​
Sooner or later, you’ll be getting the Karve Stainless Steel into your den. RAD is starting to build up into your blood slowly, glad you’re enjoying your Karve Brass.

SOTE 13 July 2020:

Razor: Karve Brass SB C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap: Noble Otter - Hamami

My first shave with the Karve, my second razor. I purposely didn’t shave in the morning because I knew this would arrive at the office today. It was just a very quick shave, I had the kids screaming in the living room. But yeah... wow... I love this thing. Love the weight of it. It was just a ridiculously easy and smooth shave. Very happy, worth the wait.
Don't hold back Mad,tell us what you think.
This means that your 34c is going in the drawer?
I know there are better razors than the 34c, but I cannot bring myself to relegate it to the 2nd division.
My Game Changer .84 with a Feather is perfection, but I still reach for the 34c.
I definitely need help.
Good luck with the Karve, are there any bad reviews of this razor?

Don't hold back Mad,tell us what you think.
This means that your 34c is going in the drawer?
I know there are better razors than the 34c, but I cannot bring myself to relegate it to the 2nd division.
My Game Changer .84 with a Feather is perfection, but I still reach for the 34c.
I definitely need help.
Good luck with the Karve, are there any bad reviews of this razor?

I will still use the 34c if I am in a hurry and have no time to clean up properly straight after the shave. If I am going to get a stainless steel razor, the Game Changer .84 is probably the one I will be going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.