Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 15 July 2020
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
One of these days I'm going to try out your after-shave mix, or a version thereof. These frosty Tassie mornings can make shaving hard on the skin for some reason. I never felt it so much when I was living in Perth...

One of these days I'm going to try out your after-shave mix, or a version thereof. These frosty Tassie mornings can make shaving hard on the skin for some reason. I never felt it so much when I was living in Perth...
My face is soft, silky, plumbed and smooth as
LK91Bde.gif

IF, you're going to try out my aftershave mix add the Tea Tree Antiseptic 5 drops first and see how your face goes, WARNING!!! do NOT add more than 10 drops is not good for your skin, 10 is the maximum only.

Always shake the bottle before you apply after your shave, may take at least a week to notices the change on your face.

Last edited:
PXE1eqy.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann 42
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (2)
Scent: Knize 10

A very Douglas Adams shave this evening. The soap scent is very interesting - the floral notes of the petunias, once passed through the Infinite Probability Guide, morph seamlessly into Amberbris from a very surprised Sperm Whale. But of course, Arthur Dent would be mortified if tea where not present in the blend, and this note really seals the deal.

The P74 blade was just as sharp, but smoother on its second outing, as I often find with vintage blades, as a wee bit of stropping removes accumulated detritus from the edge.

I'm now heading out with Zaphod for a few cheeky Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage Culmak Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark
Blade: Russian Iridium - super (5)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Ahhhh

z9m77aol.jpg

Last edited:
Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Karve SB Brass (D plate) + WCS Brass M5 style handle
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (1)
Soap: PAA CaD
Pre: Shower = PAA Cube
Post: Alum block // RR New York splash balm // APR Escentials Restoration Serum // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented
WTG, XTG, ATG = near BBS

A much nicer pre-work shave as I swapped out the blade/razor and managed a closer shave, without compromising on smoothness. Out of curiosity, I would describe the Karve SB D plate as similar to the WR2 .95 in smoothness/efficiency and despite the narrow head, they both struggle to shave under my nose. An equally pleasant shaving experience. :) Great results from the soap/splash/serum/balm with noticed menthol from pre-shave soap and splash... Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: Euromax
Brush: Yaqi Pony Knot
Soap: A&E Kaizen

The new kaizen base is excellent and along with the Timeless produced an amazing shave. The soap is quite thirsty and once dialled in, in my opinion is the best offering from A&E yet. Smell is excellent, best way I can describe it is a fresh citrus scent with a touch of sweetness.

50117133981_12434c3f34_b.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: Euromax
Brush: Yaqi Pony Knot
Soap: A&E Kaizen

The new kaizen base is excellent and along with the Timeless produced an amazing shave. The soap is quite thirsty and once dialled in, in my opinion is the best offering from A&E yet. Smell is excellent, best way I can describe it is a fresh citrus scent with a touch of sweetness.

50117133981_12434c3f34_b.jpg
Great photo! Excellent use of color

SlantOFF

YaVfznz.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Silvertip Badger 21mm - Did I mention how soft and luxurious this brush is
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil - Triskele
Razors:-
Parker Semi-Slant
Sledgehammer - Merkur 39C
RazoRock - German 37
RazoRock - Wunderbar
Blade:- Gillette Nacet (1)
Aftershave:- Murphy & McNeil - Triskele

TBH they all felt a bit jagged compared to last months Wolfman, Game Changer and Timeless
With a fresh Nacet I would rate in order Wunderbar, German 37, Parker and 39C with negligible difference in smoothness and efficiency between the last three
German 37 has notable more blade feel and Wunderbar more efficiency and curved head but not aggressive.

Throwback Thursday shave tonight with my first ever safety razor, brush, soap, and blade.
-Muhle R89
-Razorock Plissoft
-Proraso Red
-Astra SP
It's nice to get back to basics once in a while and appreciate what I started with before I fell down the hole, it's still a great set up and a great shave.
A1FUhvW.jpg

Throwback Thursday shave tonight with my first ever safety razor, brush, soap, and blade.
-Muhle R89
-Razorock Plissoft
-Proraso Red
-Astra SP
It's nice to get back to basics once in a while and appreciate what I started with before I fell down the hole, it's still a great set up and a great shave.
A1FUhvW.jpg
My first setup was very similar when I came back to de razors: EJ DE89. Razorock Bruce and Proraso.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark
Blade: Russian Iridium - super (6)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Ahhhh

h5G31YZ.jpg

Friday‌ ‌07.17.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette ‘41 Ranger Tech Set
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow