Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Yaqi Moca synthetic
Soap/Cream: Oaken Lab Batavia Barber
Razor: Rockwell 6s (R6)
Blade: Personna comfort coated (2)
Post-shave: Oaken Lab Batavia Barber aftershave splash / Nivea Sensitive post shave balm

3 pass shave for BBS, no touchups required. (note to self good razor and blade combo).

You will have to pardon my ignorance or innocence. I assumed the Corona with Kiwi fruit was some new trend like lime wedge in Corona's :banghead::banghead::banghead:
@JohnJohn321 is only practicing his Leaf razor on his Kiwi hairy front crotch, waiting for further details on how his shaving going.

I got the leaf for 'other areas'
images
giphy.gif

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark
Blade: Russian Iridium - super (4)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire Solid Cologne

66Crt8Fl.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Pony Knot
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo

What an amazing shave!!!

The feather in this razor is an excellent match, but for me the Polsilver is king. Your basically sacrificing a little sharpness for an even smoother shave.

50113714992_34f25c2c8f_b.jpg

Last edited:
Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Soap: PAA CaD
Pre: Shower = PAA Cube
Post: RR New York splash balm // APR Escentials Restoration Serum // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented
WTG, XTG, ATG = DFS

Another satisfying pre-work shave with some neglected gear. I really enjoyed the mildness from this razor and shorter handle works well but no matter the amount of buffing I'm always left with spots on the troubled areas :(
The soap performs well with a powdery babershop scent that I don't mind. Finished off with the splash, serum & balm... Happy shaves!

Merkur 42c
Personna Lab Blue (2)
TF P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad Cream
Imperial Leather A/S

A lovely 3 pass BBS. The scent of this A/S has grown on me for some reason. Thanks again to @TomG for the PIF - as well as the blades, which continue to work very well for me but only in this razor...

Merkur 42c
Personna Lab Blue (2)
TF P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad Cream
Imperial Leather A/S

A lovely 3 pass BBS. The scent of this A/S has grown on me for some reason. Thanks again to @TomG for the PIF - as well as the blades, which continue to work very well for me but only in this razor...
Great stuff, Mate. Glad you are enjoying them.

Pulled out one of my first soaps and razors for the first time in a while.
34c is always a solid performer, mild yet smooth and gets the job done with ease.
Conk doesn't get a lot of love compared to the wonderful artisan soaps most of us enjoy but I still love the almond scent and I can consistently get a great lather from it. It was good enough to be one of the products that got me hooked on this as a hobby after all.
JmQUjYD.jpg

Date:- 15 July 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Taum Sauk (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Gillette Nacet #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Pulled out one of my first soaps and razors for the first time in a while.
34c is always a solid performer, mild yet smooth and gets the job done with ease.
Conk doesn't get a lot of love compared to the wonderful artisan soaps most of us enjoy but I still love the almond scent and I can consistently get a great lather from it. It was good enough to be one of the products that got me hooked on this as a hobby after all.
JmQUjYD.jpg

WOW, so YOU are the person who likes CC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.