Not open for further replies.
IMG-20201014-205232.jpg

Alpha T-400 Boar
First Line Shave - Fallout shave soap
Ever-Ready Streamline
Gem blade (6)
Nivea sensitive balm

Ted Lapis Poker Face EDT
Lovely scent and performance but really thirsty soap which I find takes too much time for a face shave.
Razor is efficient and nicely balanced.

righto then, we’ll your in for a nice surprise.. I don’t have any other version but from what I read the v3 to V4 was a minor improvement but v2 to v3 was huge so to a V4.. well I look forward to your opinion on it.. which did u go for?
From research it appears the V3 and V4 only differ slightly (MIM vs CNC) so should shave damn close...?

Last edited:
That seems poor from them considering the well documented QC issues with many V2 heads?
Might be worth emailing actual Muhle as I believe they've replaced the older heads in the past...?

That's very poor of Caunaght Shaving to say that. They know full well Muhle will replace no questions asked as long as you have proof of purchase. Seems they CBB dealing with it. You know next time where not purchase from.

That seems poor from them considering the well documented QC issues with many V2 heads?
Might be worth emailing actual Muhle as I believe they've replaced the older heads in the past...?
@SpeedyPC have heard this too. Failing Roccas (V1 to 3) are being replaced by Muhle Europe when raised to them. In some cases at no cost. Doubt we will get the same service down here but worth a try.

That's very poor of Caunaght Shaving to say that. They know full well Muhle will replace no questions asked as long as you have proof of purchase. Seems they CBF dealing with it.
Yeah very poor form as I assume they would've replaced their existing inventory for the V4 heads so what's one extra...? Saying that they're based in the UK so easier said than done! :(

@SpeedyPC have heard this too. Failing Roccas (V1 to 3) are being replaced by Muhle Europe when raised to them. In some cases at no cost. Doubt we will get the same service down here but worth a try.
Yeah I can't remember where I read it but I believe some folk in the US where having issues dealing with Muhle USA as they were reluctant to replace the faulty heads...? Well worth an email to Muhle Europe unless your V2 isn't one of the faulty ones as allegedly not all had QC issues???
Good luck @SpeedyPC!

Yeah very poor form as I assume they would've replaced their existing inventory for the V4 heads so what's one extra...? Saying that they're based in the UK so easier said than done! :(

Email Muhle in Germany with the receipt, and explain how Caunught Shaving palmed you off and refused to help you after discussing blade post issues. Guarantee there will be no sending items back, and V4 head will be sent out at no cost. Muhle stand behind their products.

thanks 😎 sounds better than she looks 👍

In regards to the scent got the splash first and thought I was ok but since that it has really grown on me and when the soap was available had to get it, one of my favourite scents. I do love roses
Same here with the initial reaction to the soap. I ripped open the package to get a good sniff of the puck (don't we all do that?), and was sort of underwhelmed. By the time I had had a couple of shaves with it, I had fallen in love. :love:

Email Muhle in Germany with the receipt, and explain how Caunught Shaving palmed you off and refused to help you after discussing blade post issues. Guarantee there will be no sending items back, and V4 head will be sent out at no cost. Muhle stand behind their products.
I can’t be bloody bothered emailing directly to Muhle in Germany, while nearly 65% of European countries are having some Covid19 pandemic crisis going on at the moment.

Giving the straight a break today to try the King C for the first time. Yes it is on the milder end of the scale as expected but still efficient and very comfortable resulting in a fantastic shave.
I don't know without having exact measurements comparing the geometry to the R89/DE89 (which it looks closer to than the 34c), but I think I might like this more. It's not an exact copy with the underside being concave and a difference in direction of the scalloped channels along the safety bar but the angle and exposure look the same, if anything is different it looks like the gap may be slightly bigger. I haven't been able to find a detailed comparison of exact measurements anywhere but I'd be very interested in seeing it if anybody has.
Whatever people think of Gillette they're putting this quality razor in front of more people at a very reasonable price which will undoubtedly get more people giving it a go. Many will likely then discover the world of hardware and software options we enjoy that they don't see in supermarkets and I'd call that a win for everybody.
nDa7CZ9.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 "Slim" replated in rhodium (6)
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (4)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Sharp Dressed Man EDT

I think that I'm going crazy waiting for these girls to go crazy ....

Great shave regardless

IMG-20201014-192215.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridiums (1)
Soap: Whispers in the Woods All Things Nice
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
WTG, XTG, ATG = BBS

Now that was a highly enjoyable shave. :love:
Good health & Happy shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: Noble Otter Hamami
Razor: Blackland Vector, Razorock GC-JAWS
Blade: Schick Proline (5), Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
Post-shave: Shower

These Artist Club blades have a very forceful way of letting me know it's time for retirement. The Proline didn't even make it through the first pass, so I finished the job with the JAWS. Looks like the Vector is going to be an expensive beast to run... :oops::rolleyes:

Pre: WarmShower
Razor: Muhle R96
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Matilda 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Monte Carlo

Tried the nacet but for me they have nothing on polilver/wizamet blades which are much smoother, giving a more enjoyable shave. Got to try a feather next..

50487220166_3aaeb53bff_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.