Status
Not open for further replies.
cNPPBEu_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard SHD 24mm
Merkur 34c
Feather (2)
B&M - Lyssa
NO - Two Kings splash

Fantastic shave, loaded heavy with a lot of water, have a great day all!

Jack black deep dive face wash
Plissoft
Game changer .84 + Astra green 6
Simpsons vetiver and lavender
Proraso red
Seriourly has anyone ever had a bad shave from the gc.84
Nearing the end of the Jack Black. It does nothing that plain old olive oil soap would not do
I get the occasional whiff from the soap during the day..nice

Hi @bernie01, in what way better than Nacet, Feather and Kai. Smoothness, efficiency or maybe the others too sharp?

Hi @Holiday, I felt that the Feather was too sharp and a bit rough, however I am happy with both the Kai and Nacet but found the Personna both smoother and more efficient. There's not much in it, and it could just come down to whether my technique is on point on any particular day and how many days growth I have (usually 2 or 3). The Personna would rate above the others though (at least after just this one day). I forgot to mention I've also used Polsilver SI, which I rate right up there with the Kai and Nacet. Would like to try a Rubie and GSB soon too.

Date:- 14 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Book 6 of 21 ...... Aaaaaaaah ..... I can't keep up, too many books to read from Patrick O'Brian, because, I feel like I've been out to sea for too bloody LONG!!!!! and it's WAR!!!
218276.jpg

Last edited:
13xA609.jpg

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo Knot Synthetic
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend
Razor: Rockwell 6C Gunmetal (R4)
Blade: Astra Superior (1)
Post-shave: Alum and moisturiser
Only achieved a DFS today, mostly as I was trying out my new brush. First impressions of the Yaqi 30mm is that it is bloody huuuuuuge and I love it. It's a great step up from the (tiny) Body Shop brush I was using previously. I underestimated how much water it would hold and this made lathering a bit interesting. Replaced the blade on this shave as well and could definitely tell the difference - no where near as much pulling.

Performance wise, the slickness was right up there with my Barrister & Mann's
Any recommendations? I was just have a geez at them on Beard and Blade.

Opened the jar several times throughout the day yesterday to smell it
Glad I'm not the only one who did that :ROFLMAO:

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Less Aggressive Plate
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: iKon 102 slant + OSS handle
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Bowl: Pereira Shaving bowl
Pre: Shower
Soap: APR Fenchurch
Post: Alum block // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm // APR Fenchurch Splash

Another pre-work shave this morning with a neglected slant and man was it really efficient as evident by the few weepers it gave me, plus reopening a nick from Tuesday's shave :( I love the design and extra weight with today's shave being smooth and super close with no need for any touch ups. Now I'm a big fan of APR's winter scents and I agree with @Mark1966 that Fenchurch is such a winner it and its almost hard to believe but yet again I'm still smelling the scent of the splash 13+ hours later. Absolute heaven :love: Happy shaves!

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Omega - 10065 Natural Bristle
Soap: Stirling - Sandpiper
Razor: Karve - SB "E"
Blade: Gillette Rubie (4)
Aftershave: Stirling - Sandpiper
f9BE6sk.jpg

Amazing how much difference the blade and/or handle made.
@Razor Burn recommended a Rubie for the Dart, it definitely worked with E Plate
Sandpiper one of many favourite Stirling scents.
This scent has top notes of Cardamom, middle notes of Bergamot, Cedar, and Lavender, and base notes of Vetiver and Caraway.
It's sophisticated crisp and very masculine. Inspired by YSL La Nuit de l'Homme

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Omega - 10065 Natural Bristle
Soap: Stirling - Sandpiper
Razor: Karve - SB "E"
Blade: Gillette Rubie (4)
Aftershave: Stirling - Sandpiper
f9BE6sk.jpg

Amazing how much difference the blade and/or handle made.
@Razor Burn recommended a Rubie for the Dart, it definitely worked with E Plate
Sandpiper one of many favourite Stirling scents.
This scent has top notes of Cardamom, middle notes of Bergamot, Cedar, and Lavender, and base notes of Vetiver and Caraway.
It's sophisticated crisp and very masculine. Inspired by YSL La Nuit de l'Homme
Thanks to @Nico for giving me a few tucks as they're my go to blade for the Dart & R41 (y)

Short version - Fantastic shave šŸ‘ŒšŸ˜

First use of Savannah Sunrise, when I got it last week I gave it a quick test lather to take in the scent. I liked the scent but the lather was very airy and light instead of yoghurty and sloppy how I like it, although it was just a quick load and swirl without much care not a proper lather so I wasn't too worried about that and thought maybe being a few years old the base isn't quite the same as their current version. Today I got around to using it and my usual lather method gave me a result that was far better but still not really what I aim for. I went ahead with it anyway and with no preshave products as usual when I try a new soap, and wow what a surprise. Just based on how the lather looked I expected OK but not great performance but as soon as soon as the razor touched it there was all the slickness you could ever need. The scent is hard to describe, an interesting mix of fruity and floral without being too forward with either. I thought it might mix with platinum well but while the end result of the combined scents was pleasant the platinum got lost in the mix so in future I'll just use a light or unscented aftershave with it. I'll be playing with the lather to see if I can get it even better but even if it's just like this next time I'll be very happy.

Oh, and the Voskhod in the Karve with OC-C plate vs 5 days growth was an easy win.
UBIy4b0.jpg

[URL=http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/statman2/media/C3B93804-A11C-4AA1-B951-A93214D4B200_zpscmlqngyt.jpg.html][/URL]
SOTD THURSDAY, MAY 14, 2020

This morning I decided to shave with my Schick ā€œPaul Revereā€ Injector produced in the mid 1970s as a collaboration between International Silver Co. and Schick. It is a Type L Injector and was an homage to the Revolutionary War Silversmith and featured a ā€˜cutleryā€™ inspired oversized handle.

Since I have large hands, the razor feels great, and delivers a first rate shave typical of the L Type Injectors. For my software I selected PannaCrema Nuavia Blu, Fine Accoutrements Platinum AS Splash and A&E Post-Shave Serum. I decided to lay off the menthol for this shave after my Cryogen experience yesterday. The Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute was my brush of choice for which I selected the 26mm Two Band Badger ferrule.

After my shower and cold water rinse I went to work on the PannaCrema which smells so good! Being a nasal barbarian, thatā€™s about as far as I get with scent descriptions. Itā€™s a very rich, luxurious soap with great post shave skin feel. The ā€œPaul Revereā€ Injector, while not as efficient as some of my other razors, reduced my whiskers in three successive bloodless passes (WTG, ATG, ATG) to just shy of the BBS level. The razor felt great in hand and left me feeling clean, smooth and refreshed!

RAZOR: ā€œPaul Revereā€ International Silver Type L Schick Injector.
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ 26mm Two Band Badger Ferrule
SOAP: PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Fine Accoutrements Platinum AS Splash. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: EverReady "E-bar" SE razor
Blade: GEM SE blade (6)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

APR Fenchurch - soap. OK, I've got to say that the soap base in this APR Fenchurch by @nsavage is just superb. It is so ridiculously easy to get a great lather it should almost be outlawed. I'm not sure if this is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or whatever generation of base - but it is simply sublime. Makes for a great start to a great shave on a Friday I think it is ...

Jack black deep dive
Plissoft
Gillette single ring + GSB 1
Simpsons lavender & vetiver
Proraso red
Slight neck irritation caused by the user.
I have not used this razor enough to be proficient yet,but intend to spend rest of May with this bad boy.
Overall a great shave, bring on tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.