Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
tkIb3Xil.jpg

Soap: Pb Red Dwarf
Brush: Omega 10019
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
That moment when you realise you left the last blade in for too many shaves. Too easy. Smooth as.

Jack black deep dive
Plissoft
Merkur 34c + Astra green 5
Simpsons lavender and vetiver
Proraso red
Definitely prefer cream to soap
The Astra and Merkur are a perfect match for my skin
Simpsons is a superb cream , but I am not sure if the new cream is the same quality..reviews seem to suggest they are
Overall a superb shave and I am loking forward to tomorrows repeat.
Two Rosellas acting as an interested audience today.

hqQuPUt_d.jpg

Brush: Wild West Brushworks + Maggard SHD 24mm
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather (1)
Lather: Zingari - The Nomad

I decided to test the post shave feel of the Zingari by using no additional post shave products today. I was rushed and a bit heavy handed, and with a brand new feather blade and this colder weather considered, I think it did really well. Been shaving with artisan soaps for just over a year now, still remember the first shave with Barrister and Mann excelsior base.
Happy shaves!

B&M Reserve Spice
Simpsons, Duke 3, Manchurian
Hone Type 15 + Astra

The Hone is a beast of a razor, not through aggressiveness, but sheer weight. It tops out at something like 180g. After a few minutes bowl lathering and two passes I'm ready to put it down. It is a mild razor, and there is still some rough areas, especially around my chin. On the whole, I'd give the shave about a 6.5/10​

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Body Shop synthetic
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend
Razor: Rockwell 6C Gunmetal (R4)
Blade: Astra Superior (3)
Post-shave: Alum and moisturiser
Quick and dirty shave this morning as I was in a rush, still bloody good though. The Astra blade was starting to show its dullness on its third shave though.
Altered my technique a little and there was no burn today, definitely keen to move up to the R5/6 plate.

Date:- 13 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Orginal
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Frank Shaving Silvertip
Soap: Wickham Soap 1912 Citrus Musk (sample puck), then Omega.
Razor: Karve CB OC-D
Blade: Personna (Israeli Red) (1)
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent (Speedy's gumbo)

EJ_DE98 (Chris) kindly supplied me with a sample of the Wickham 'Citrus Musk' but I am yet to come to terms with it. The fragrance is nice,
but I cannot get a solid lather or one that lasts. So I began this shave with a pretty ordinary lather (I'm sure it's my technique, not the soap)
It was the first time I've ever used a Personna, and it was terrific in the Karve. Very, very smooth but also very efficient. Sure to become a regular I think.
I persevered with the 1912 sample for the first pass, but by the time I was ready for a second pass it had all but evaporated so I grabbed the Omega tub and very
quickly whipped up a nice lather. The Omega is becoming a favourite also; came at a bargain price and lathers up nicely. I have read that it is made by Proraso.
This would be the best shave yet from the Karve having used Nacet, Feather, and Kai in it previously. Impressed.

Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level-2 base plate, limited edition Victorian.
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Poor mans Homebrand Diet WR1
Blade: Derby Extra
Brush: Yaqi 26mm synth
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend

New razor, new soap.

Soap was an impulse purchase on suggestion from @Holiday. First impressions of the scent were really good. Opened the jar several times throughout the day yesterday to smell it. Mrs Fedor loved it too. Ever since my experience with Stirling Executive Man where I believe I had a slight allergic reaction to something in it, I'm always a little worried when buying new soaps that the fragrance will do the same thing. This is great though. Performance wise, the slickness was right up there with my Barrister & Mann's. Why hadn't I heard of this soap maker before?

Decided to try one of the Derby's that came with the razor as well. Leading into it, I wasn't expecting much. Was really impressed with the Lupo though, even with what I thought was meant to be a mediocre blade. I normally prefer heavier razors, but this was just so smooth and comfortable, yet still efficient through a weeks growth. BBS after 3 passes, zero irritation. Possibly GOAT shave for me, if not, top 3 for sure.

4Sof7yv.png

yKeYmxo.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 SB WRH7 SS
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Matilda Prototype Rhodium knots 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

This would be the best shave yet from the Karve having used Nacet, Feather, and Kai in it previously. Impressed.
Hi @bernie01, in what way better than Nacet, Feather and Kai. Smoothness, efficiency or maybe the others too sharp?
Razor: Poor mans Homebrand Diet WR1
@Fedor, wait til you try the Feather - If I recall correctly 10Hrs and no stubble
with 50 odd years under its belt or there abouts it is as soft and gentle as a silvertip badger!
Still has some backbone, but just luxurious - just wish there were twice the hairs left, that would be incredible!
:unsure: BAD, BAD, BAD Boy - For enabling Brush Addiction Disorder that is :)

Pre: Soap and water
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Pony Synth
Soap: PAA F-Bomb

Shave was so smooth went for 4 passes again, I knew I got a close shave but no indicators of soreness or burn.. once I applied the splash my face literally turned red and stung like hell. The burn lasted around 5 mins and around 10 min later the red also settled and my normal skin colour returned. No worries now, no burn, no issues but I def feel the closeness :)

49889907596_c415850af6_b.jpg

Pre: Soap and water
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Pony Synth
Soap: PAA F-Bomb

Shave was so smooth went for 4 passes again, I knew I got a close shave but no indicators of soreness or burn.. once I applied the splash my face literally turned red and stung like hell. The burn lasted around 5 mins and around 10 min later the red also settled and my normal skin colour returned. No worries now, no burn, no issues but I def feel the closeness :)

49889907596_c415850af6_b.jpg
Hey @StratMan... How's the F#@K Bomb shave? are you sure, you don't smell like a Grand Slam 22,000 lb bomb

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: RR Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Bowl: Pereira Shaving bowl
Pre: Shower
Soap: APR Ozymandias
Post: Alum block // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm // APR Ozymandias Splash

After yesterday's enjoyable shave I thought it make a few tweaks with similar results. Swapped the boar for the 26mm synth and recreated plenty of creamy lather allowing the Baby Smooth to do its thing. Only let down was pushing for BBS as I managed to reopen the nick on the chin but nothing my trusty Alum block couldn't heal :) I noticed the shave wasn't as efficient as yesterday's effort with the 6S on R6 plate but still damn close enough. Finished up with the splash and I'm still smelling it as I type 13 hrs later. Fan-bloody-tastic!!! Happy shaves

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: EverReady "E-bar" SE razor
Blade: GEM SE blade (5)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

APR Fenchurch. I think that this is one of the most popular and well received APR scents, maybe just behind Skye Fall huh @tim33z ?, with lots of fans, me being one of them. Described as "a complex, layered fragrance accented by whiskey, tobacco, leather and musk" this screams winter to me - a sensational and long lasting scent that lingers all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.