Birthday shave
s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Blue DeVil Tas Lavender Patch
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

This is the first time I've been able to load up a Blue DeVil soap directly from the tub, and it makes more of a difference than I expected. I was struck by the sheer weight of thick, sumptuous lather on this huge brush, and it made for a fantastic shave. I found the presence of patchouli, and to a lesser extent ylang-ylang a bit of an intrusion, especially as the Bridestowe Lavender EO is at the sweeter, more sweaty end of the lav spectrum. I have a bottle of this, and I might try adding a couple of drops to the lather next time to see if I can drown the interlopers. :)
Happy Birthday

Birthday shave
s.png

This is the first time I've been able to load up a Blue DeVil soap directly from the tub, and it makes more of a difference than I expected. I was struck by the sheer weight of thick, sumptuous lather on this huge brush, and it made for a fantastic shave. I found the presence of patchouli, and to a lesser extent ylang-ylang a bit of an intrusion, especially as the Bridestowe Lavender EO is at the sweeter, more sweaty end of the lav spectrum. I have a bottle of this, and I might try adding a couple of drops to the lather next time to see if I can drown the interlopers. :)
Happy birthday and many many more returns!

Birthday shave
s.png

Happy birthday man !

Birthday shave
s.png

Happy Birthday mate.

rs5MlYs

Pre-shave: Cold water splashes on face.
Brush: Trusty Hands.
Foam: Schick Shave Guard Sensitive Lime
Razor: King C Gillette
Blade: King C Gillette (2)
Post-shave: Cold water.

Wanted to see what kind of shave I could get from minimal effort and to put my skill to the test. I ended up with a SAS which was pretty similar to what I'd normally get with my pre-shower and Proraso Green. I may have once gotten a DFS, but I can't seem to make it to a BBS no matter what I try without going into ATG territory. No cuts or irritation though which was great, I was worried I set myself up for failure!

oGvFlTI.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue SOC Mistura Badger/Boar
Soap: Blue Devil Vetiver
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS 95, Halo two piece handle
Blade: Wizamet SI (2)
Post-shave: Alum block, The Ordinary Hyaluronic, Pinaud Musk, Armaf Club de Nuit

A few firsts here, starting with the Blue Devil soap. I'm always a bit wary of a new soap as I don't want to make a soft soap soggy by blooming but decided to add just a little water. I bowl lather, but have a habit of wiping the inside rim of the soap container with my finger and applying that last bit of soap to my face. Then I hit it with the brush for a quick face lather before painting the bowl soap on. However the Blue Devil is so good that the quick face lather set me up for my first pass without having to go back to the bowl! Just terrific. Again, I'm a bit tentative with a new razor but after a few strokes it was apparent the Lupo is a beauty. It is (IMO) very much in the region of the Charcoal Goods L2 that I had used on the prior shave 48 hours earlier with the very same blade. Effortless comfort and mighty efficient, may have beaten the CG out by a whisker or two on both counts. Finally for the first time ever I used an alum block post shave, and was expecting maybe a bit of a sting but none really. The Pinaud splash finally extracted a little sting but not much. I think this was my best shave for many months and it can only get better; I'm calling BBS today.

Birthday shave
s.png

Happy Birthday Mr @Gargravarr. I hope you enjoy the day, and Mrs Gargravarr gets you some nice shave gear to keep you busy.:cool:

Happy Birthday Mr @Gargravarr. I hope you enjoy the day, and Mrs Gargravarr gets you some nice shave gear to keep you busy.:cool:
Oh, she has, big time. Apart from the BDSC soap you see here, she showed me her invoice for a fantastic 30mm CaYuen handle...
il_1588xN.3051705157_87j4.jpg

... and a 30mm SynBad knot to go with it. Turns out she heard my "Oooh!" and the sound of my eyeballs rolling on the floor when I was checking out their Etsy page, so she snuck a look at my browser while I was shutting in the chooks for the night. Sneaky.:sneaky:

Oh, she has, big time. Apart from the BDSC soap you see here, she showed me her invoice for a fantastic 30mm CaYuen handle...

... and a 30mm SynBad knot to go with it. Turns out she heard my "Oooh!" and the sound of my eyeballs rolling on the floor when I was checking out their Etsy page, so she snuck a look at my browser while I was shutting in the chooks for the night. Sneaky.:sneaky:

iu

So you did get it then. Yah. A happy birthday indeed.

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #16
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux
Far out @SpeedyPC, you’re stretching that Nacet at 16 shaves!

I’m up to 4th use on a Nacet tomorrow, but you’ve inspired me to push it as far as it’ll go!

Far out @SpeedyPC, you’re stretching that Nacet at 16 shaves!

I’m up to 4th use on a Nacet tomorrow, but you’ve inspired me to push it as far as it’ll go!
Always keep your lather nice and hydrated, slick and dense. So the blade can last longer with a very good lather, remember when shaving is ZERO PRESSURE, I always flip the blade over after two shaves.

Edit:- Palm stropping the DE blade doesn’t work for me as YMMV.

Birthday shave
s.png

Happy Birthday @Gargravarr !

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Shavemac 386 handle Brown Beige D01 Fan 24mm x 50mm
Soap:- Blue DeVil Bay
Razors: Timeless 0.68 SB - Scalloped Head
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Red (3)
Aftershave:- Captains Choice/Ogallala Bay Rum

8XWtOBO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.