Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: P&G Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade (3)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: N/A

Good to be safely home, and back in the pink of things.

B2ARIeml.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade: Nacet (4)
Cream: TOBS Platinum
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
9129-D942-49-C3-42-CE-91-A0-142925-EFC17-F.jpg

Beautiful unhurried BBS shave this morning. Reminder that the single most important factor in getting a perfect shave is the equipment operator (you).

Building a great lather, taking your time, using superlight pressure and paying close attention to what you’re doing is what makes the difference.

Happy Friday shaves!! ☺️

Sorry @Mark1966 you’re tallow soap or lather, brush handle and the aftershave isn’t bloody PINK at all. The smells of roses doesn’t bloody bother me at all.

PS. Welcome home shit head.

FTFY.

BTW - does he get a ban for this sort of post @alfredus ?

FTFY.

BTW - does he get a ban for this sort of post @alfredus ?
Post deleted - member warned.

For everyone here: we always encourage banter and fun - but please keep it at that level. Pure rudeness is not warranted here and will not be tolerated. This goes not only for written words, but also for pics and memes...

Always keep your lather nice and hydrated, slick and dense. So the blade can last longer with a very good lather, remember when shaving is ZERO PRESSURE, I always flip the blade over after two shaves.

Edit:- Palm stropping the DE blade doesn’t work for me as YMMV.
@SpeedyPC is 100% spot on regarding hydrated lather as from personal use I find results differ considerably with greater risk of irritation/redness especially when using a more efficient razor, eg the Rocca.
From experience this helps extend the blade life and allow for comfortable daily shaves. :love:

SOTW

IMG-20210503-205301.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm Timberwolf
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94-96
Blade: Muhle (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella Green - thanks again @tullfan (y)
Post: Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion & Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

I've been super lazy this week focussing on finishing yet another soap and thankfully the Cella Green tub I received from @tullfan is no more!
Im normally a big fan of Cella Red but have been super impressed by the organic version as it afforded me 'super slick and comfortable shaves without the Almond/Marzapan scent...

Looking forward to testing some of the goodies @rhodes96 sent me over the weekend/next few weeks. :)

Happy Shaves & Hope You Have a Safe Weekend!

Pre-shave: Warm water.
Brush: Wahl Traditional Barbers Nylon
Foam: Proraso Green
Razor: King C Gillette
Blade: King C Gillette (3)
Post-shave: Old Spice Classic Aftershave

Can't seem to use the picture thing to insert a picture into the post, says "something went wrong, contact admins". Anyone else get that issue?

Good shave today, smooth WTG but not ATG. I face lathered today but for some reason the soap didn't feel as slick compared to when I bowl lather, maybe not hydrated enough.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter/APR ~ Texaus (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Wizamet SI #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Blue DeVil Tas Lavender Patch + a few drops of Bridestowe Lavender EO
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

I love how this soap works, but for me the patchouli makes its presence felt, a bit like the sleazy uncle who comes to Christmas dinner. Adding a few extra drops of a fantastic, authentic lavender EO helps to take my mind off the interloper.

s.png

Soap/Cream: Blue DeVil Tas Lavender Patch + a few drops of Bridestowe Lavender EO

I love how this soap works, but for me the patchouli makes its presence felt, a bit like the sleazy uncle who comes to Christmas dinner. Adding a few extra drops of a fantastic, authentic lavender EO helps to take my mind off the interloper.
Have you thought about just making a pure lavender soap @CraigE ????

Let's not go there, that's where it all started. (It's what I asked for in the first place, but @CraigE felt the additions were necessary to balance the Lavender, but by that time Mrs Gargravarr had already put her money down. All good, I had a good sniff of the product before accepting it.)

It's just my habit to tease a little... :LOL:

s.png

Without that uncle, we wouldn’t have any stories to tell.

Let's not go there, that's where it all started. (It's what I asked for in the first place, but @CraigE felt the additions were necessary to balance the Lavender, but by that time Mrs Gargravarr had already put her money down. All good, I had a good sniff of the product before accepting it.)

It's just my habit to tease a little... :LOL:
This is the only pure lavender soap I have in my den https://trythatsoap.com/collection/587/?product_type=soap

Without that uncle, we wouldn’t have any stories to tell.
Exactly, and I shall continue to cast nasturtiums ;) on the addition of patchouli to any soap as a matter of principle (and fun). And let us not forget (nor forgive) ylang-ylang, not far behind in the icky '70s weenyboppers' perfumes... :facepalm::banghead:

But don't let my warped sense of humour deter you from trying Blue DeVil soaps, they are really just damn bloody good.

Status
Not open for further replies.