Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: P&G Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade (4)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Two Kings splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti

Hmmm, nice!

bfnYs2nl.jpg

Have you thought about just making a pure lavender soap @CraigE ????
I could make just a pure Lavender soap. Everything I had read suggested that it needed something to ground it and after extensive searching on the internet I made the decision to put Patchouli in it.
I do feel as if I have made a mistake now and I have learnt my lesson from this whole experience.

I could make just a pure Lavender soap. Everything I had read suggested that it needed something to ground it and after extensive searching on the internet I made the decision to put Patchouli in it.
I do feel as if I have made a mistake now and I have learnt my lesson from this whole experience.
No need to feel bad about it, it's still a great soap, and I'm happy. Sorry I can't resist making fun from time to time though :LOL:

aD9w4trl.jpg

Soap: Pb Spiced Orange
Brush: Paladin
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (3)
Very nice shave.(y)(y)
One of the hardest things so far with the reno for Mrs Pbgoose and myself is having to cut down a number of trees within the vicinity of the build. My favourite Jacaranda I use for SOTD photos narrowly escaped but not unscathed, losing a limb that protruded into the build area.:cry:

[url=https://postimg.cc/Mv2PVnSf][/URL]

Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: SV Felce Aromatica
Brush: Omega Badger
Razor: Muhle R108
Blade: Timor

I managed to find this perfectly sized ramekin at home for my SV soap. It has a lid, too :D

Also, looking at the picture now, I noticed that you can see "TIMOR" etched on the blade, through the slit in the base plate:)

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 4402 Mix Bristle and Extra White Horse Hair Professional Shaving Brush
Soap:- Blue DeVil Bay
Razor:- Dubl Duck - Goldedge
Balm:- Captains Choice/Ogallala Bay Rum

#SLAPHAPPY
BfVn0Br.jpg

The BD Soap is so easy to lather took floppiest brush in the den for a spin VL4402 and did not disappoint
@CraigE sent a printed label for the soap to add that finishing touch of customer service.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 4402 Mix Bristle and Extra White Horse Hair Professional Shaving Brush
Soap:- Blue DeVil Bay
Razor:- Dubl Duck - Goldedge
Balm:- Captains Choice/Ogallala Bay Rum

#SLAPHAPPY
BfVn0Br.jpg

The BD Soap is so easy to lather took floppiest brush in the den for a spin VL4402 and did not disappoint
@CraigE sent a printed label for the soap to add that finishing touch of customer service.
Glad to see the label reached you ok.

One of the hardest things so far with the reno for Mrs Pbgoose and myself is having to cut down a number of trees within the vicinity of the build. My favourite Jacaranda I use for SOTD photos narrowly escaped but not unscathed, losing a limb that protruded into the build area.:cry:
Your Paladin brush does a fine job of attracting attention away from the missing limb on your tree :love:

Your Paladin brush does a fine job of attracting attention away from the missing limb on your tree :love:

Every time I see it I think of the brush that got away ...

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #17
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Brush: Fedrihan - tortoise shell 24mm synthetic
Soap/Cream: TOBS - St James Collection
Razor: Razorock - Jaws
Blade: - Personna - Lab blue
Post-shave: Razorrock - Don Marco AS splash / A&E - anti ageing night time cream

2 pass WTG + touchups = BBS. 3 days of stubble mowed down by the Great White. This is a razor that commands technique. A light controlled touch with a sharp blade, rewards you with a great shave.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: P&G Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade (5)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Two Kings splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti

Just as good today! I confess to being suprised by this blade, I thought it would be a dud and I would chuck it after a couple of shaves, but it has been OK!

bfnYs2nl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.