Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sample that I can't even start, the scent is too much for me. I should be able to sneak it into letter post if you want it :)

Thanks for the kind offer but I think once it runs out I'll be done with it. I don't mind the scent, It's just not that great as an aftershave. I don't nearly get the same moisturizing effect that I get from my Osma Tradition aftershave balm.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Frank Shaving 28mm Best Badger 70mm handle
Soap:- Mammoth Soaps - Restore
Razor:- Merkur Progress @3
Blade :- Vintage Gillette Red (3)
Balm:- Mammoth Soaps - Restore

Managed to nick the lower lip today. Think I'll go back to @1 for rest of the week
LnnRCk6.jpg

Pre: Shower
Razor: Muhle Rocca R96 V4
Blade: Gillette Yellow Sharp Edge
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

Been getting consistently excellent lathers from this soap lately but today I nailed it. Love Stirling soap, a Sand Piper combo will be first on the shopping list once the year is out.

51175126271_1223e34752_b.jpg

Thursday SOTD

XvD326b.png

Fine Accoutrements Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Fine Accoutrements Red & White Synthetic Shaving Brush
Fine Accoutrements American Blend Shaving Soap
Fine Accoutrements American Blend Aftershave
Fine Accoutrements American Blend EdT

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Imaginary Authors/Noble Otter - Telegrama - Thanks @rhodes96 (y)
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

Another great shave with a great soap. Noble Otter needs no introduction here, it's probably safe to say most of us are fans of at least one of their soaps. This collaboration with Imaginary Authors is new to me, with this light, heady accord ringing all my bells. The scent notes IA provide are: talc, lavender absolute, black pepper, teak, amyris, vanilla powder and fresh linens. I don't get the teak, but the amyris (torchwood) and pepper do come through, with the talc and linens occupying the foreground. Fortunately for me, the vanilla is very much in the background - I like vanilla as a flavour, but not so much as a scent. I can easily imagine the perfume doing well as a unisex scent.

IMG-20210512-201251.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R95 Birch Bark
Blade: Gillette Stainless Red (2) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Bay Rum sample
Post: PAA Atomic Bay Rum A/S Splash sample // P&B Imperial Bay Rum solid cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS+

Second shave in and despite managing to cut myself above the chin I continue to be impressed by how awesome this blade shaves when paired with the Rocca. Super smooth and long lasting but for whatever reason my first few shaves with the Minora left me with closer results on my chin after 10+ hours???
Stirling lathered up fantastically and post shave I felt BBS+ but come lunchtime I started to see greater regrowth on my chin whereas all other areas stayed smooth???
Similar results I get using a Wizamet compared with Polsilver but doesn't take away from the blade and I'm inclined to break my Sabbatical just to stock up on whatever available Minora's I can get considering the unobtanium value of the Stainless Red & White blades.
I'll go back to Minora's in my next shave and see how far they last as so far things have been bliss with hopes I don't rush things again and cut myself.

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Cella Red
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #18 .... Finished!!
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

2021-05-13 - I think I'm a Menth-head!

• Prep: Hot Shower
  • Prep: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Cube 2.0 Scentless - Pre-shave
  • Brush: The Stray Whisker - 452/24 Synthetic
  • Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
  • Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (3)
  • Blade: Derby Usta (3)
  • Lather: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Frost Byte - Soap
  • Post Shave: Alum Block
  • Post Shave: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Refresh Pre-Shave Cream

I can say with some level of certainty that I am definitely a menth-head!!!

Today's shave with Frost Byte was a real kick, especially for that first pass of the head shave. The menthol kicked in soon after the first pass, I felt chills down my spine. Continuing on with the shave, the menthol lingered and left me feeling refreshed.

Again, the scent got into the nose while I continued on with the face shave. Two passes, WTG & XTG. The first pass was a little dry, so half way through I rinsed off, applied the PAA Cube again, and lathered up again, and another glorious shave. Not sure what happened that first time, but a second attempt left a lovely shave.

I'm certainly in love with menthol soaps, they will be high on my purchase lists going forward.

41609-B8-E-CC79-481-D-B272-0-A592043-A4-C5.jpg

I really should take SOTD shots pre-shave when the brush is nice and fluffy lol.

Razor: King C Gillette
Blade: qshave titanium
Soap: proraso green
Brush: Edwin jagger synthetic

Im liking the King C more and more simply because it’s such a workhorse for the money and it’s an easy razor to use. Today’s shave was quite smooth but once again the qshave titanium is the weak link here. Not sharp enough for mild razors. Gonna write them off and not be a tightarse lol. I’ve also got to kick the habit of buffing at the end without any shaving cream which is what I did with cartridges. This bad buffing is what gives me razor burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.