STROP: Dovo hanging leather
nUXsWXc.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: TF "Woodrot" 26mm fan, 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Proraso white
Razor: Rockwell Model T
Blade: Rockwell
Post-shave: Tabac / Nivea PS Balm

Gave the gunmetal Rockwell Model T my 1st run today. Setting 1 all 3 passes for a conservative introduction to it.
Going to try the 6/3/1 combo next shave with this razor:nailbiting:
(brushes in background are just wallpaper:cool:)
6eKFu3G.jpg

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower

More triple-milled goodness. Only spoilt at the moment by having to shave around a large dressing on my head. Remember your sunblock, boys and girls...

Last edited:
Pre: Shower
Razor: Rocca R94
Blade: Euromax
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: Fine Santal Absolut

I swear every time I think about a euromax blade I feel like I'm reaching for a franger!! Blades are not sharp but they are super smooth, took an extra pass today but ended with an amazing shave.

Was at my local Foodland last night having a bit of a look at their shaving section and came across this little gem. It contains pure sandalwood oil, Aloe Vera and Vitamin E and was only $10 so I grabbed it. The scent itself is amazing, love it. Performance also seems excellent, had a spot on my right hand jaw line that I overdid just a bit, but enough to feel the tenderness, the splash definitely soothed it

51190599833_7f41fd23cf_b.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: TF "Woodrot" 26mm fan, 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Proraso white
Razor: Rockwell Model T
Blade: Rockwell
Post-shave: Tabac / Nivea PS Balm

Gave the gunmetal Rockwell Model T my 1st run today. Setting 1 all 3 passes for a conservative introduction to it.
Going to try the 6/3/1 combo next shave with this razor:nailbiting:
(brushes in background are just wallpaper:cool:)
6eKFu3G.jpg
How did you find the blades? I don't think I have heard more than 1 or 2 people like them before.

How did you find the blades? I don't think I have heard more than 1 or 2 people like them before.
I have ended up with over 200 starting out and they're OK.
I've since discovered better blades but occasionally grab one as very middle of the range (Astra Green like) in a milder razor as way too inefficient in my Daily Shavers

NnYumds.jpg

Pre-shave: Warm Shower.
Brush: Wahl Traditional Barbers Nylon
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6C (1, 6, 5, 3, 4, 2)
Blade: King C Gillette (1)
Post-shave: Alum Stick and QV Skin Lotion

That was a really exciting shave! Boy is it crazy how much difference the blade gap makes. Setting R1 basically did nothing (even ATG at the end), I went to R6 on my cheeks and it really mowed off the hair, could feel so much blade as well, I wasn't game enough to try R6 anywhere else so I proceeded to test all the settings and finished with R2 ATG.

I got some cuts trying to go ATG on my neck in a weird way and the alum stick closed them up nicely. Surprisingly it didn't sting as much as I was expecting. Maybe it stings less than a styptic pencil or maybe I'm just getting better at shaving ahaha. Keen to try new blades when I get a bit more practice in with the Rockwell 6C!

Setting R1 basically did nothing
I have no idea why Rockwell even bothered with the R1 plate. R2 is the lowest I’ve tried and it simply can’t deliver a close shave. After 10 passes you’d still have unshaven stubble. I used the R4 for a good 6 months when I first got this razor and stupidly packed the R5/R6 plate in a removal crate during an interstate removal.

R4 got the job done, but always wanted a bit more aggression. Now I’m R6 all the way. Almost wish there was an R7/R8 option just to be sure I’ve found my sweet spot!

Soap-Squadron Six one seven
Razor-1948 Gillette super speed
Brush-Yaqi 26mm synth
Blade-Nacet
Aftershave-Avon Windjammer

Debut shave for this soap. Ordered lunchtime yester arrived lunchtime today! Off the tub is pretty subdued but most are before first use and hydration. I get floral rose/lily etc with a hint of citrus and musk. Finally a decent soap to pair with Windjammer a/s. 30 second load and clearly too much. Almost instant latter and with a few water additions a thick slick yoghurty lather. Can't fault Squadrons performance as usual.

Scent starting to shine more and achieves the floral notes without being Nanna. Still not overpowering though even less than Empire. Different from anything else I have in the den. Still doesn't smell just like a soap base. Great post feel as usual. Love the tub art.

I

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - Hybrid Malle Burl Chameleon Holographic 30mm Rhodium
Soap/Cream: Murphy & McNeal / Black Mountain Shaving- Pisgah
Razor: Wolfman - WR2/WRH7 (1.45) Polished
Blade: Gillette - Stainless (red & white) (2)
Post-shave: Murphy & McNeal / Black Mountain Shaving - Pisgah AS splash / A&E - skin food nourishing cream
Fragrance: Murphy & McNeal / Black Moutain Shaving- Pisgah EDP

2 pass WTG daily shave = BBS. Took a break from blade testing shaves to enjoy this one. I wasn't expecting BBS, but damn the 1.45 WR2 is an efficient and beautiful razor. No need to review the Wolfman WR2, see @Errol razor reviews or @StratMan feed back.

I will give some quick feedback on the WR2 SB 1.45 plate.
After one shave, my thoughts of this super efficient beast of a razor.
As efficient as Karve SB G plate, that makes it equally to slightly more efficient than the Muhle R41.
Has the smoothness of the Karve SB F plate ( which is my favourite daily shaver). There is positive blade feel, though not intimidating, while being very smooth and predictable.

The Soap, Murphy McNeal / Black Mountain Shaving - Pisgah. Scent strength is medium for the soap, mid to strong for AS, and mid to strong for the EDP. Scent notes,
  • Top: Bergamot, Bigarade, Cardamom, Incense
  • Middle: Lavender, Ylang-Ylang, Orris, Peony, Plum Blossom, Tobacco
  • Base: Vetiver, Cedarwood, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla, Gaiac Wood, Leather, Iso E Super
This is an interesting fragrance from the above combination, of soap splash and EDP. Off the puck, I instantly pick up the bergamot, cardamom, Incense, floral notes, woods, vanilla, leather. I also pick up a hint of rose, pepper, and some fresh earthy notes. Very complex but really nice and fresh, really good use of the cardamom.

Looking up a few scent notes I had no idea what they were
Bigarade - Bitter orange, rose, cedar, grass, hay, pink pepper and cardamom.
Iso E Super - dry, woody and cedarlike, with aspects of ambergris, vetiver and patchouli and a slight phenolic nuance.

Fortunately alot of those scents are already repeated in the individual scent notes, so there is not an explosion clashing scents. The dry down of the splash and the EDP allow some of the tobacco scent to come through, the amber and vanilla adding some warmth, boldness and staying power, all the while as the floral, woods, and spice notes continually cycle around. Only the slightest hint of patchouli in the dry down detected. I could not pick it up whilst lathering. Decent staying power for the EDP, fairly strong for the first 4 hours and still decent 12 hours later.

Overall, I really liked the spicey, floral, fresh, woody fragrance that evolved after the shave on the dry down. I also really liked the art work on the soap tub. Has a 3d effect when the light reflects off it. The Kodiak soap base is fantastic. I included a picture as this one looks unique to my other ones. I don't know if this is an original fragrance, or homage, either way it's nice, and I would recommend the use of the soap/splash / EDP combo anytime of the year apart from a really hot day or evening as the scent might be a bit too warm and heavy. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.