Not open for further replies.
1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: D.R. Harris - Windsor - (y) @rhodes96
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Shower

I was curious to see how I'd go loading my biggest brush from this wooden bowl, and was pleased to find it was a lot easier than I expected. Sublime shaves like today's leave me seriously considering running down my artisan soaps and just using these hard milled soaps. It's my custom to use any remaining lather to soap up for the shower, and I can still smell it on my skin hours later. Mmmm :love:

No other post-shave treatment, as my lovely doctor has to remove another melanoma today. :rolleyes:

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Omega 11047 "Mixed Midget" (Badger/Boar) 20/43mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Night Before
Razor/Blade:- Maggard Razors Std. v3.0 with MR11 Bulldog / Ladas Super Stainless #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

I was about to ask @SpeedyPC what the scent is like?
My flat nose is bloody stuffed with a cold, been taking two tablets of triple strength garlic + C, horseradish twice a day. I can’t smell a bloody thing from the tub.

I blame all the Melbourne and Canberran bastard for giving me the cold front chilly weather.

My flat nose is bloody stuffed with a cold, been taking two tablets of triple strength garlic + C, horseradish twice a day. I can’t smell a bloody thing from the tub.

I blame all the Melbourne and Canberran bastard for giving me the cold front chilly weather.
I have a sure-fire traditional remedy from the far-away place whence I came: hang a hat near the end of your bed. Get into bed and drink from a bottle of whisky until you can no longer see the hat. When you wake up, you won't be bothered by your cold anymore.

No charge...

I have a sure-fire traditional remedy from the far-away place whence I came: hang a hat near the end of your bed. Get into bed and drink from a bottle of whisky until you can no longer see the hat. When you wake up, you won't be bothered by your cold anymore.

No charge...
I’ve made a four thousand year old Greek medicine called Honey and Garlic three weeks ago, needs another week and it’s ready, just take one tablespoon of honey and garlic every night before bed. My whole family generation have been taking this old Greek medicine all the way back to the 1100’s in UK, Don’t believe me? look it up, you’ll be amazed about honey and garlic.

I’ve should’ve made this sooner, rather than later… Shit.

939-B15-F8-EECE-4-E0-A-9-EDC-8-AF09-AAD13-BE.jpg
43-E82-AA7-90-DD-4402-BADF-43376475-B6-E0.jpg

I’ve made a four thousand year old Greek medicine called Honey and Garlic three weeks ago, needs another week and it’s ready, just take one tablespoon of honey and garlic every night before bed. My whole family generation have been taking this old Greek medicine all the way back to the 1100’s in UK, Don’t believe me? look it up, you’ll be amazed about honey and garlic.

I bet my remedy tastes nicer. :D

A Kid Free Shave
  • Prep: Hot Shower
  • Prep: Phoenix Shaving – CUBE 2.0 Unscented
  • Razor: Edwin Jagger – DE89
  • Blade: Feather (1 use)
  • Brush: Stray Whisker – 452/24 Synthetic
  • Lather: Ariana & Evans – Strawberry Fields
  • Post Shave: Proraso – Alum Block
I don’t normally shave on a Wednesday evening. With the SO & kids at the pool, I decided an after work shave is just what was deserved.

A nice hot shower, face & head wash with the Cube 2.0, before building a gorgeous, scent filled lather using A&E Strawberry Fields. My lucky day today with a nick-free head shave after the last few have come away with some crimson soap spots. All-in-all a decent two-pass head shave.

Continuing on with the face shave, two passes, WTG & XTG. Three minor nicks, but the lather held up with a good slick.

Absolutely love the Strawberry Fields scent when lathered up. Looking forward to the next shave with it already.

Personal Log

Last edited:

Did you let it ferment?

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Frank Shaving Boar
Soap:- A&E Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor:- Gillette Popular
Blade :- Vintage Gillette Red (8)
Balm:- A&E Barbiere Sofisticato

4U0i3E9.jpg

I get the impression this blade could last a long time in the Popular because it is such a sharp shave

Did you let it ferment?
Yes. Brew the honey and garlic for 30 days maximum, every two days to release the lid from garlic air bubbles, acids smell and shake it well like hell. Been doing this for years, my mother and grandma taught me when I was 10.

IMG-20210519-205749.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes T-400 24mm AP Shave Co. Faux Horse
Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Antique Brass SB + Stinger V1 Handle (P&C LE 2019-20 Charity Auction)
Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless (7) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: Pb Red Dwarf sample - thanks @Pbgoose
Post: Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion // Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS+

The last two shaves have been super enjoyable using this setup as the soap lathers a treat with the blade shaving super smooth and oh so close!!!

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.