Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to You:
dwmFyASl.jpg

The Art of Shaving:
79L5vNTl.jpg

Same again today, cold, wet winter morning outside. Inside ...

m3l73PSl.jpg

... that lovely Bay Rum feel!

Pre/Post: Nivea Skin & Stubble
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Squadron Empire
Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)

No pic, but have to say last night's razor blade combo was pretty smooth. Definitely liked the Treet Platinum. Also, I feel very vindicated buying the Rocca seeing the many used here.

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Ethos - Melange d'Agrumes sample (Thanks @rhodes96 (y))
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

I actually started the shave with the Vector (just to be original), but found the Proline a bit too tuggy, so quickly swapped to the Hawk to be safe.

This soap, another fine sample from @rhodes96' vast collection is simply lovely. The base needs no comment, it's just great. As the name clearly says, the scent is a blend of citrus, in this case red, pink and white grapefruit, yuzu and may chang. Light, bright and fresh, I like it just as it is, but I read that Ethos supply it with a bottle of the aroma oil to add to the lather if you like it stronger. If I had it (and next year, I might), I would try that diluted with alcohol as an EDT, it's definitely my kind of thing. I expect the scent wouldn't linger, but it might be nice for a couple of hours.

I know that I used this brush ...

... but it felt like my face was being caressed by angels.

WTCfpGil.jpg

Morning head shave and debut for the Minora blade. Usual Rockwell 6S on plate 6. First pass knocked down VERY WELL. I can tell you the blade is smooth too just by the speed of the first pass. Second pass near bb's shave. Don't often do this but third bottom to top pass this morning atg and didn't anticipate any problems. This could be the designated head shave blade as it could be just a set and forget option if longetivity is as inferred. Reminds me of a Gillette black but smoother. NO Barrbarr underated and what else but a celebratory pot of aftershave for the mighty Dee's!

Pre: Hot water rinse / Proraso pre shave cream
Brush: TF Woodrot & Rhodium
Soap: Muhle Sea Buckthorn
Razor: Asylum Evolution
Blade: Gillette Minora (1)
After: Alum block, Cussons Imperial Leather, Nivea AS Balm Sensitive

1st outing for my New Minora blades, fitted to the Asylum Evolution. No cuts, weepers, or rash. So far so good(y)

Alum block from the Indian Supermarket up the street. $2.50, and the lead crystal rectangle bowl it sits in, $7.00 from the op shop. Lovin it!
That lather is after 3 pass shave. What a knot!
0VpItS2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.