Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday SOTD
Gillette ‘53 Brit. Aristocrat Jr. #58 Aluminum
NOS Wlkinson Sword made in England
WCS Two-Tone Tall 26mm Silvertip
B&M Oceana Soft Heart Base & AS

Skmahoo.jpg

Keep stretching the blade nicely @Razor Burn you’re doing great (y)
If the blade is at the stage where it's not sharp enough to deliver a BBS, then it's not sharp enough, full stop. Time for the flick. They're just not that expensive, so there's no need to be stingy.

What's the point in torturing yourself? If you're feeling guilty for something, I'm sure there are more productive ways to atone.

ZJ6iDuM.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney Polo 2 Super Badger
Cream: Geo. F. Trumper Eucris
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent:Geo. F. Trumper Eucris

Trumper Eucris is an epic scent, and perfect for cooler weather.
The vintage Gillette Swede is deceptively smooth for such a wickedly sharp blade.
An effortless three pass shave for a BBS result.

Nope it's the blade.:)
Maybe you're right, but I've been finding the same symptom with the Hawk V3/Feather Pro Super with your Windsor soap. (y)

That said, I've been on the fence between the Kai PINK and the Schick Proline for some time. But I'm beginning to think the Kai might just have the edge :facepalm: given that I still feel like I've got a DFS+ over 14 hours later. However, I've been taking a bit more time over my pre-shave lately, so that might account for it... :unsure:

Last edited:
If the blade is at the stage where it's not sharp enough to deliver a BBS, then it's not sharp enough, full stop. Time for the flick. They're just not that expensive, so there's no need to be stingy.

What's the point in torturing yourself? If you're feeling guilty for something, I'm sure there are more productive ways to atone.

No guilt as the blade's still showing no real dullness plus the 34C normally shaves mild but overall the shave was comfortable and post shave regrowth wasn't that bad. (y)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: J&C - Amber 24mm synthetic
Soap/Cream: Blue Devil Shave Co - Vetiver
Razor: Muhle - Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette - Minora Stainless (10 + 11)
Post-shave: Fine - Fresh Vetiver AS / A&E - Nivea Men - Cream

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. Same shave setup for two days consecutive. I am 4 days behind on my posts. This brush I have a curiosity and hate affair with. It's synthetic that looks like a boar feels like a boar, sheds like a boar. Even the knot wasn't set straight. For some weird reason I like it.

IMG-20210606-192945-1.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Green Swirls + Transparent 27mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Gillette Stainless Red & White (16) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co. Vetiver sample - thanks @rhodes96
Bowl: Peréira Shavery Unbreakable Lather Bowl
Post: RR New York A/S Splash // Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Definitely no guilt using the same blade as when paired with the Rocca V4 it delivers a smooth and close shave compared with the milder 34C used yesterday. First use of this soap and I can see why its gained a cult following as it lathers easily, with great slickness and although I didn't really notice much scent from the sample, it smelt pleasant. I hope to add some to my soap collection as the local artisans deserve the support and our patronage! :love:

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.