Lather: Barrister and Mann - East Egg

hieCpG9.jpg

Mining Camp Shave

Prep: Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Musgo Real Spiced Citrus
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)

Good water at this camp, so no need to resort to Arko.

Last couple of shaves
(too cold/busy to take the SOTD photos)

Brush: TF Customs Green Swirls + Transparent 27mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R95 Birch Bark
Blade: Gillette Stainless Minora (14) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co. Vetiver sample - thanks @rhodes96
Bowl: Peréira Shavery Unbreakable Lather Bowl
Post: RR New York A/S Splash // Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS+

Shaving heaven!!! :love::love::love:

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H - both plates
Blade: Gillette Stainless Minora (15) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: MWF
Bowl: Peréira Shavery Unbreakable Lather Bowl
Post: RR New York A/S Splash // Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

The blade is still going strong after 15 shaves with equally smooth and efficient results from both sides of the plate.

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Noir et Vanille
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Keep stretching the Minora Stainless @Razor Burn you're doing great, if, you can get past 20 and keep going without any issues with the blade edge (y);):happy:

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Noir et Vanille
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Keep stretching the Minora Stainless @Razor Burn you're doing great, if, you can get past 20 and keep going without any issues with the blade edge (y);):happy:
Thanks @SpeedyPC as both blades are staying sharp and producing great shaves but just not as close with the 34C which is OK when I can just use the Rocca or Smart Helix Apollo H :)

Thanks @SpeedyPC as both blades are staying sharp and producing great shaves but just not as close with the 34C which is OK when I can just use the Rocca or Smart Helix Apollo H :)
Whichever razor float your boat, works better with both blades Minors Stainless vs the old Gillette Stainless (red & white).

Razor-1934 Gillette NEW SC
Brush-Yaqi evil zebra tuxedo
Soap-Blue Devil Sinnerman Orange 🍊
Blade-kai (4)
Aftershave-Vintage Shulton's old Spice

First use of Blue Devil soap that arrived this arvo
I must say that's the best first up use of a soap I've had. Short load time, quick to yoghurt hydrated lather, residual slickness and a fragrance not trying too hard with too many discernible scents. It smells like it says. I might take this down to Baker's Delight in the morning and say THIS is what I want my scroll to smell like.

@CraigE has done a fantastic job. Now to try the others... locally made makes it that much better

Awesome shave tonight to Led Zep drowning out the family 😁
Glad you enjoyed it mate.

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: TF Woodrot & Rhodium
Soap: Shaver Heaven
Razor: Rockwell Model T setting 4 on 3 passes
Blade: Gillette Minora (5 shaves)
After: Alum block, APR Acqua Di Sydney

kqoUmUB.jpg

Wow, what a difference a quality soap makes:love:. Can't see store-bought making a comeback any time soon after this shave. (maybe I'll PIF that Pror.... to my dad for his birthday next month:ROFLMAO:. And with a new brush of course)
Setting 4 on the Model T for all 3 passes, only a few red spots & just a little raw on the front of chin, but a wonderful close shave tonight.
All shaved up, smelling pretty and ready for the game tonight. Go Queenslander!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

3.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Doppelgänger Red Label - Thanks @rhodes96 (y)
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

Another great soap from @rhodes96' enormous collection, I think I'd describe this scent as a fougère, and I think it reminds me of a Penhaligon scent a housemate of mine used to use back in the early 14th century. Maybe that's the idea behind the Doppelgänger name. Anyway, this is really nice. Not the kind of thing I would consider buying for myself, but as I've mentioned before, I'm a peasant when it comes to scents. So it's a treat to be able to try out new things like this. As for the base (CK-6) I'm just going to say it's really excellent. I've tried so many in the last couple of months, and I've yet to come across one that is less than excellent. It's probably accurate to say I'm almost incapable of comparing them by now.

sJqWLNh.jpg

Pre-shave: Warm shower.
Brush: @TroyTools Pearl Honey - 2 Band Badger
Soap: Nobel Otter - Two Kings : Thank you @Gargravarr
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Post-shave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

Haven't been able to post anything about this brush yet due to exam period (2/3 done) but I have been using it a lot lately!

I wasn't sure what to expect with a badger brush instead of synthetic but it is super different. My synthetic feels soft on my face and the badger feels harsh when they're dry, but when they're loaded the badger feels so much softer. It's a very different experience and I love it. My synthetic lost a lot of hairs at the start and still does but this one hasn't lost a single hair yet which is surprising! I have been face lathering a lot lately just to feel the brush for longer haha. I'm in love with this brush 😍

I thought I would try a sharper blade this time, to try and knock down the hair on my neck without having to go ATG and at first I thought the BIC was doing great but I ended up with the same SAS result on the neck. Not sure how to tackle this problem.

Soap smells really nice when loaded!

Status
Not open for further replies.