Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love this soap.. good thing too for me :)

The scent is also excellent, the whole family enjoy it. Already had the thumbs up from the missus and daughter and today my son gave his seal of approval.

not sure why anyone wouldnt like it?

anyway, you in for Tabactober?
Possibly TacCember, Tacuary, etc as well, still tempted to grab more. Time to break out the Arko for this month.

51350240499_c09a4d70f4_b.jpg

Brush: Chisel & Hound + Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: ATT Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Lather: House of Mammoth - Hygge

Have a great weekend!

Razor:
Size-5/8
Grind-Hollow grind
Steel-Solingen Carbon steel 1.2210
Point- Barbers notch
Scales- blue paua shell with blue backing and clear protective resin layer
wedge- black acrylic
Pins-Brass
Washers-stainless
Manufacturer-S.K.Colling and Co
This razor is 100% handmade in Australia and is shave ready. Comes in vintage style box.
zw6qSGq.jpg

Soap: Murphy & McNeil - Crann Bethadh
Brush: Smiles4Milez - Grapevine (The Shedding Dog)
Aftershave: Stirling WHAM
Tonight I took a punt and did not bowl lather the sample but squished it into the bowl as I would for bowl lathering and just loaded the brush as usual and face lathered.
I prefer face lathering and get a much better result, not so good for the excess soap in stock because this sample will probably last a week now instead of 1 - 2 shaves
My honing skills and technique moved to a whole new level this weekend being able to feel the razor on the stone rather than relying on magnifying glasses, permanent markers, tomatoes or hanging hairs.
Cut myself a new ear ring hole as a result. Beautiful shave though
Happy Shaves P&C

Yeah funny that, it could be the price, tallow and or because it will not be available anymore. It could be all 3 with a touch of nostalgia.
Or, of course it could just be the hoarding hysteria surrounding the demise of the old Tabac formula. I admit, I felt the same temptation with my C&S/Valobra, but I have enough to last a few years, and I'll supplement that stash in January if there's any left to be had. If not, I'll just move on.

Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette Minora (3)
Brush: Yaqi Mew Brown 23mm
Soap: Tabac
Splash: Tabac Splash

51348731547_3155e1d1f7_b.jpg
MOM!!!....... Where's grandma?..... She's in heaven dear..... Well.... How come I can smell grandma around the house?....... That was your father dear, because, he's been using Tabac to smell just like her mother's handbag.

Old-Lady-Tabac.jpg

MOM!!!....... Where's grandma?..... She's in heaven dear..... Well.... How come I can smell grandma around the house?....... That was your father dear, because, he's been using Tabac to smell just like her mother's handbag.

Old-Lady-Tabac.jpg
Its like saying an Impala/Mustang/E-type are not still some of the best looking cars around. A classic is a classic. If only it goes up in price like an LJ or Monaro.

Last edited:
Pre: Hot Shower, Nivea Skin & Stubble
Brush: DSCosmetic T4
Soap: A&E London Gin Club
Razor: Razorock Lupo 72
Blade: Gillette Minora (1)

First experience with A&E, can't say it was the bees knees but definitely more than competent.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum soap
Razor: Rhodium Replated Vintage Gilette L 1 Slim (5)
Blade: Gilette Silver Blue (1)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum EDT

Can recall if I have used this blade before -

lJjVrYUl.jpg

Out of St Petersburg so must be OK!

ZY3U5A7l.jpg

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Declaration Grooming - Big Soap Energy (sample) cheers (y) @rhodes96
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Yemen Hamasil Village

I'm having to space out my exploring of all these samples to avoid sensory overload. But this one was worth waiting for anyway, I really like it. Like all DG milksteak soaps, it gives an easy, slick lather, and the scent isn't too much in my face: notes mentioned are vetiver, black amber, rosewood, cardamom, oakmoss, bergamot, and water lily. These don't all come out in the soap, but think of florals on a base of woods and you get the idea.

Pre: Warm water, Proraso white pre-shave cream
Brush: TF Customs, 28mm Boar
Soap: Shaver Heaven, Fougere
Razor: Rockwell 6S (#4)
Blade: King C Gillette (5)
After: APR, Suitably Attired

Giving the boar brush a run at the moment. It's good control, far less soap being flung around the room.

VtL7PzB.jpg

Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette Minora (3)
Brush: Yaqi Mew Brown 23mm
Soap: Tabac
Splash: Tabac Splash

51348731547_3155e1d1f7_b.jpg
Not too sure about the Tabac but that brush and razor do look nice... :eek:

Pre: Warm water
Brush: TF Customs, 28mm Boar
Soap: Shaver Heaven, Spiced Mahogany
Razor: Vintage Gillette Aristocrat 1948
Blade: King C Gillette (6)
After: APR, Suitably Attired (tiny sample bottle)

So glad I missed a shave this morning, kept the way clear to get straight to business with this newly arrived today 1948 Closed Comb Aristocrat.
No case, but in incredibly good and clean condition. No scrubbing required, so straight to the alcohol bath for sterilizing, then on with the shave.
Really nice 3 pass (leftover lather still on the Boar in pic) but with a little leftover under left jawline/neck.
Hard for me to get that spot right at the best of times, so I don't blame the razor for that.
Beautiful razor, and definitely on the regular roster. Smoother than the '38 Open Comb Aristocrat I have.
Really diggin' this boar brush at the moment too!

I have a "Executive Adjustable" (Gold Fatboy) 1959 (E4) coming this week too. Woo hoo, filling up the Kmart clear plastic razor drawers fast at the moment.
jHd3rk0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.