STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: CK Escape

lq2MBzn.jpg

Vintage Gillette Criterion Gold DeLuxe
Vintage Ever~Ready No. 1 with original horse hair
Vintage Gillette "Spoiler" Super Stainless blades
Stirling Bay Rum shave soap
Proraso Lozione after shave

Fantastic original horse hair, not moppy like modern crap, actually has scrub and scritch and backbone and perfect splay. Why can't they make them that way now? New stuff is crap!!!

100_3110-jpg.97610

8.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Chinese No-Name
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Yemen Hamasil Village

I don't remember having tried the No-Name in the Hawk before, but I've got 100 of them sitting here doing nothing, and they're not going to use themselves up. Last time I tried them was in the Vector, where they're OK. Not inspiring, but OK. (No blade works badly in the Vector.) In the Hawk, I was surprised at just how smooth it was. Like buttery-smooth. Like Polsilvers, only maybe more so, even on the fool's pass. :woot: Nowhere near as sharp as other AC blades, so only a DFS+ today, but nice. The blades don't last long, but I think I'm going to be spending a lot more time with them in the near future.

EEF2401-B-0-CD8-49-AE-A732-469614-AA3-DD0.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Nivea Skin & Stubble
Brush: Yaqi Everest
Soap: A&E Turkish Coffee
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: King C Gillette (2)

Good ol dependable Rocca. King C smoothed out well and practically sang. The Turkish Coffee smelt great, if a bit more chocolatey than I'd like.

EEF2401-B-0-CD8-49-AE-A732-469614-AA3-DD0.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Nivea Skin & Stubble
Brush: Yaqi Everest
Soap: A&E Turkish Coffee
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: King C Gillette (2)

Good ol dependable Rocca. King C smoothed out well and practically sang. The Turkish Coffee smelt great, if a bit more chocolatey than I'd like.

I don’t get any chocolate but plenty of hazelnut

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: TF Customs Woodrot Rhodium
Soap: Squadron Spitfire
Razor: Rockwell 6S (#5)
Blade: Gillette Minora (6)
After: Squadron Spitfire

After some mileage on the 2 blades I have in rotation right now, (Minora & King C Gillette) confidence grows and I'm stepping up the blade plates to #5 as I'm finding no nicks or weepers now on a used blade.
New blade on a #5 plate needs an alum after, versus the safety of the #3 plate with a new blade, and no alum required.
Guessing the same theory will hold true with the adjustable razors?
olk5mie.jpg

nat

You kept that one quiet :) Great blade, responds so well to the caresses of a Jnat.
I have 2 Tanifuji blades and they are so good at smooth effortless shaving.
Nah, I've been using it semi-regularly for the past four years.:) I probably haven't got the best out of it yet as I haven't learnt 'caressing with a Jnat'.:) But I still enjoy using it. Both my Japanese blades are nice steel.

Had a great shave
Razor - Dovo Dr. Balfanz 6/8"
Soap - Derby grated in a tub. Third shave with this soap and it is similar to ARKO but not the same. I have to admit I'm really liking this soap and at this stage more than ARKO. It needs more water than I originally thought and like any soap use too much at the beginning and all you get is big bubbles. It has been a good soap for straight shaving and so far no irritation but that is always an individual thing.
Brush - Modified Omega 10098.
Single pass - DFS

Status
Not open for further replies.