Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried out the Nivea 2-phase lotion the other day, and it actually made me yelp. :eek: Though it felt quite good afterwards, it's not for me, but you might like it. Double action of alcohol and menthol. Yow.
+1 on Nivea 2 Phase Lotion as its very refreshing on both face & dome :)

JvfuPVnl.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: C&B Red Dwarf
Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: TI Flower Pattern

JvfuPVnl.jpg

I can never understand how you guys can shave up a tree, but up a tree with a straight is just next level!

uBEfjbf.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (new)
Brush: Yaqi Moka 26mm 2-band badger
Soap: Stirling Soap - Executive Man

Substandard shave unfortunately. Rapira doesn't work for the Rocca. Instead of that nice high pitch twang of cut hair, it sounded more like rocks being rattled in a tin can. Scrapey scrapey against the skin, although that might have been from the lather. I think I've been spoilt by the quality soap bases I've been using lately. Struggled a little to build a lather and took a little longer to get it the way I want it compared to other artisan soaps. Gifted a little weeper under the chin. 2 pass DFS- only. Back to Gillette's for the next shave!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Ouddiction (Honey Oud) sample only
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

JvfuPVnl.jpg

I can never understand how you guys can shave up a tree, but up a tree with a straight is just next level!
@Pbgoose is a Grandmaster of Zen Straight shaving up a tree, because, he shaves a wisdom of freedmon and peace to great mother nature.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Jubilee LE 19/150 shave brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Empire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage British Gillette #15 Aristocrat
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (1)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Empire splash
Fragrance: N/A

A combination made for each other!

1zyqGVWl.jpg

4-E42651-D-ED69-45-E4-A678-65-CF87424-ECD.jpg

6-D0-EFFD1-C727-4-F47-8-B37-962-AE299606-E.jpg

Razor: Gillette Executive Adjustable Razor (Executive Fatboy) F1 (1960) - setting 5
Blade: Wizamet #1
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket

Super stoked with this new razor! Shaves great and looks great. Love the styling and art deco look of the Fatboy. This will be in high rotation for the coming months!

Razor: Gillette Executive Adjustable Razor (Executive Fatboy) F1 (1960) - setting 5

Super stoked with this new razor! Shaves great and looks great. Love the styling and art deco look of the Fatboy. This will be in high rotation for the coming months!

Really nice looking Executive!

I'll admit vintage gear is usually not my thing but that Executive Fatboy really looks special! :love:

20210130-203234.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

If Schick Prolines are the Polsilver/Wizamet of AC blades, then the Kai PINK is the Gillette Yellow. The soap/water pre-shave is something I used to do years ago, then dropped for some reason. More fool me. Today's shave stands out as best of the year so far. Still feels great 12 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.