Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20211024-154046.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Brushes Black/Yellow/Clear 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR Bamboo handle
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood
Post: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Sukin Hydration Biomarine Facial Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

A great way to finish the weekend.... :love:

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves Beautiful People!

Playing with some new toys this week

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- @TroyTools - Kakadu Gold
Soap:- Stirling - Sandpiper
Razor:- Hawk v3 OC
Blade:- Chinese no-name
Aftershave:- Stirling - Sandpiper + 1/2 bottle of frost drops

lNQXznC.jpg

First impression of the Hawk v3 it is the smoothest aggressive razor I have used to date. I would rate it smoother and more efficient than R41 and Jaws
Single pass BBS with one weeper. Been a while since I nicked myself.
Except for the one spot of razor burn on the adam's apple it is one of the best single passes ever and to think the Vector is even better :unsure:
Considering I only have irritation in the one spot I am putting it down to technique and too much pressure. Will see how it goes once dialed in

The custom @TroyTools brush apply named Kakadu Gold performed brilliantly. It is a big brush that fits like a glove and not likely to slip out of a wet hand

Playing with some new toys this week

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- @TroyTools - Kakadu Gold
Soap:- Stirling - Sandpiper
Razor:- Hawk v3 OC
Blade:- Chinese no-name
Aftershave:- Stirling - Sandpiper + 1/2 bottle of frost drops

lNQXznC.jpg

First impression of the Hawk v3 it is the smoothest aggressive razor I have used to date. I would rate it smoother and more efficient than R41 and Jaws
Single pass BBS with one weeper. Been a while since I nicked myself.
Except for the one spot of razor burn on the adam's apple it is one of the best single passes ever and to think the Vector is even better :unsure:
Considering I only have irritation in the one spot I am putting it down to technique and too much pressure. Will see how it goes once dialed in

The custom @TroyTools brush apply named Kakadu Gold performed brilliantly. It is a big brush that fits like a glove and not likely to slip out of a wet hand

I found using a very light hand helps with the OC Hawk. Still you have to concentrate, as that bloody razor has a habit of biting if you go into cruise control mode. Yes it's quite an aggressive efficient setup if you like OC razors.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Vitos Menthol & Eucalpytus shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: AoS Sandalwood gel
Fragrance: N/A

A really weird combination of software ...

7ZvFntbl.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Brushes Black/Yellow/Clear 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR Bamboo handle
Blade: Wizamet SI (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood
Post: Stirling Unscented Balm // B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Sukin Hydration Biomarine Facial Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Same setup barring the blade and addition of balm post shave and impressed with the performance from this budget razor as the OC provides a smooth and close shave.
I should be finished with the soap by end of the week...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - 28mm boss knot.
Soap/Cream: Ethos - Success
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (3)
Post-shave: Fine - Platinum AS splash / Stirling - Iced Pineapple PS balm

2 Pass WTG Daily shave = DFS+. Another sublime shave with the Vector.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 Go Beyond Jefferson
Soap: Tallow & Steel - Shikoku

Smooth are comfortable 3-pass shave.
Kai blade has become more comfortable after 5 shaves.
JyYe6Lx.jpg
I swear the Vector Titanium is becoming the new Wolfman as seeing them posted in many SOTDs... Super jealous as this setup is top tier! :eek:

I swear the Vector Titanium is becoming the new Wolfman as seeing them posted in many SOTDs... Super jealous as this setup is top tier! :eek:
As long as you don’t wave that Vector under my bloody nose like a cigar :cigar: because, I’m trying very hard not to smell the Vector and keeping it off my shopping list.

As long as you don’t wave that Vector under my bloody nose like a cigar :cigar: because, I’m trying very hard not to smell the Vector and keeping it off my shopping list.
Good luck as you know you want one as consensus says its the best SE razor made and you know you want one... Heck I sure do! o_O

Good luck as you know you want one as consensus says its the best SE razor made and you know you want one... Heck I sure do! o_O

AND to both of you they are still available, not for long! Once this run is done it will be a looooooooooonnnng time before they are available again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.