Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 Go Beyond Jefferson
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Fougere Nemeta

Southern Witchcrafts Gravefruit 2 drops next week. Make sure you jump on it fellas.
reTEwEG.jpg

To spruce up your SOTD you NEED is an item from the 2021 Paste & Cut Charity Auction!

Bidding closes Saturday, 23rd October 2021 at 12.00pm AEDT unless extended in accordance with the rules.

Check out the items here

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Jeet & Co - 24mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Tabac (tallow)
Razor: Razorock - Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette - Minora SS (8)
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger - Aspen / Nivea Men - Deep Moisturiser

2 pass WTG + touchups daily shave = DFS+.

D Day tomorrow. ( literally discharge day). Cannot wait to feel fresh air and sunlight. Cannot wait to sit down and have a coffee with another human being outside without having to wear these stupid f$&king masks. I literally had to wear a mask 24/7 except while asleep or in the bathroom. No more blood pressure checks, no more being woken up in the middle of the night forced to remember my name and DOB then pills forced down my throat unable to get back to sleep again, no more having my food chopped up like a 3 year old, no more being asked daily If I have opened my bowels.:rolleyes:, no more having to take my SOTD pictures with a towel over the top of of toilet, and NO MORE OFFERS OF SHIT INSTANT COFFEE! I don't know how many times I tell the same lady day after day, I ONLY DRINK THE BARISTA MADE COFFEE FROM THE STAFF CAFETERIA!!! :coffee:

Almost 3 weeks of hospitalisation during Covid stuck inside is hell. :(
I am grateful to all the medical staff who provided care for me. I may sound like a grumpy ungrateful person, if you knew the circumstances why I am here in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, you most likely would feel the same way or worse.

Pleasant Shaves...

D Day tomorrow. ( literally discharge day). Cannot wait to feel fresh air and sunlight. Cannot wait to sit down and have a coffee with another human being outside without having to wear these stupid f$&king masks. I literally had to wear a mask 24/7 except while asleep or in the bathroom. No more blood pressure checks, no more being woken up in the middle of the night forced to remember my name and DOB then pills forced down my throat unable to get back to sleep again, no more having my food chopped up like a 3 year old, no more being asked daily If I have opened my bowels.:rolleyes:, no more having to take my SOTD pictures with a towel over the top of of toilet, and NO MORE OFFERS OF SHIT INSTANT COFFEE! I don't know how many times I tell the same lady day after day, I ONLY DRINK THE BARISTA MADE COFFEE FROM THE STAFF CAFETERIA!!! :coffee:

I am grateful to all the medical staff who provided care for me. I may sound like a grumpy ungrateful person, if you knew the circumstances why I am here in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, you most likely would feel the same way or worse.

Pleasant Shaves...
Yippee! Congratulations. I hope this is the last visit for a while. And of course you get to try your new Vector... :p

Pleasant Shaves...

hey @rhodes96 i didn’t realise I were in hospital all this time.. thought u were in quarantine.. glad to hear your getting out and you are well mate 👍

also I’m super impressed, in hospital with covid and still DE shaving and posting… legendary

hey @rhodes96 i didn’t realise I were in hospital all this time.. thought u were in quarantine.. glad to hear your getting out and you are well mate 👍

also I’m super impressed, in hospital with covid and still DE shaving and posting… legendary

Unlike Australia Post, the SOTD posts must get through. :)

Pre-shave:- Cold shower
Brush:- ZENITH unbleached bristle olive wood handle
Razor:- Hoffritz Slant
Blade:- Aussie Spoiler (11)
Soap/Aftershave:- Dr Jon's - Classic

OkDaE5y.jpg

Really came to appreciate the Dr Jon's Classic this week it is a simple combination of herb, wood, flowers and citrus to create a crisp and fresh fragrance. Containing Rosemary, Lavender, Vetiver, Cedar, Lime, Bergamot
The scents complement each other perfectly. Still got woodsy herbal and floral wafts the next morning (y)(y) Also lathered great very slick and hydrated well.

Not long now!

Don't forget the 2021 Paste & Cut Charity Auction!

Bidding closes Saturday, 23rd October 2021 at 12.00pm AEDT unless extended in accordance with the rules.

Check out the items here

SOTWeekend

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

I much prefer the Boss knot to the SynBad I had previously set in this handle. Quite similar to the Snow Leopard, but ever so slightly more assertive. And every time I come back to this soap after having left it alone for a while, I'm always struck by just how superb it is. A perfect Dolphin Butt Shave (DBS) in 2+ passes, all down to the lather.

SOTWeekend

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

I much prefer the Boss knot to the SynBad I had previously set in this handle. Quite similar to the Snow Leopard, but ever so slightly more assertive. And every time I come back to this soap after having left it alone for a while, I'm always struck by just how superb it is. A perfect Dolphin Butt Shave (DBS) in 2+ passes, all down to the lather.

Agree with you on the boss knot, loft for loft they seem to be a slightly firmer nylon bristle than say your typical tuxedo. In saying that, this could also come down to manufacturing differences.

Agree with you on the boss knot, loft for loft they seem to be a slightly firmer nylon bristle than say your typical tuxedo. In saying that, this could also come down to manufacturing differences.
Interesting you should say that, my only Tux (26mm) is by far my stiffest knot, but maybe that's just the way it's set. I'm not really getting along with that one, and I'm considering a piggy-wig or a horse for that handle next year.

Interesting you should say that, my only Tux (26mm) is by far my stiffest knot, but maybe that's just the way it's set. I'm not really getting along with that one, and I'm considering a piggy-wig or a horse for that handle next year.

26mm size seems to be a crossover point. Going longer in the loft increases flop, while allowing a better splay, and a more paint brush effect, shorter loft increases firmness with a reduced splay. There is a balancing point, every knot can be different even same type of knot due to glue bumps, density etc. When going into the larger knot sizes the loft size is more important to get right as from experience there appears to be less margin of error to get the knot work the way you want it too. When it comes to natural hair fibres, that all changes again.:rolleyes:

26mm size seems to be a crossover point. Going longer in the loft increases flop, while allowing a better splay, and a more paint brush effect, shorter loft increases firmness with a reduced splay. There is a balancing point, every knot can be different even same type of knot due to glue bumps, density etc. When going into the larger knot sizes the loft size is more important to get right as from experience there appears to be less margin of error to get the knot work the way you want it too. When it comes to natural hair fibres, that all changes again.:rolleyes:
Agreed. My lathering technique needs a bit of everything: I usually (but not always) start off my lather in the bowl, then work it up on my face or head with a scrubbing action, then paint while adding more water. I found that the knots with really fine fibres like SynBad and SilkSmoke were too dense to leave sufficient room for lather, but my Tux is a bit too springy and prickly. I'm looking forward to trying the new AP G5A and G5B knots next year...

hi P&C-ers, hope everyone is well.

I haven't posted for a while so thought I better pop in for a bit of an update.

the razorock Hawks turned out to give me irritation on either side of my top lip (possibly a pressure issue caused by me) so I have packed them away for now and may at some stage BST them.

I've gone back to razors that have never let me down. I have been exclusively shaving with slants for the last month or so and I have been enjoying irritation and nick-free results.

in my rotation are hoffritz, 39c, german 37, iKon with SABI T1 handle. all giving great results and don't know why I need bother with further experimentation. maybe it's because I slow the whole process down a little and concentrate more when 'going the slant'.

I've got a pomco which I could add into the mix but haven't as yet and I have just ordered a 37c to round out the collection a little. I do have a much coveted unused, still packaged 37g which I bought when I heard they were going out of production. I just take it out of the box and stare at it every now and then and put it away - you know how it is :)

take care Pogonotomists , I'll be back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.