Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Jeet & Co - 24mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Tabac (tallow)
Razor: Razorock - Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette - Minora SS (8)
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger - Aspen / Nivea Men - Deep Moisturiser

2 pass WTG + touchups daily shave = DFS+.

D Day tomorrow. ( literally discharge day). Cannot wait to feel fresh air and sunlight. Cannot wait to sit down and have a coffee with another human being outside without having to wear these stupid f$&king masks. I literally had to wear a mask 24/7 except while asleep or in the bathroom. No more blood pressure checks, no more being woken up in the middle of the night forced to remember my name and DOB then pills forced down my throat unable to get back to sleep again, no more having my food chopped up like a 3 year old, no more being asked daily If I have opened my bowels.:rolleyes:, no more having to take my SOTD pictures with a towel over the top of of toilet, and NO MORE OFFERS OF SHIT INSTANT COFFEE! I don't know how many times I tell the same lady day after day, I ONLY DRINK THE BARISTA MADE COFFEE FROM THE STAFF CAFETERIA!!! :coffee:

Almost 3 weeks of hospitalisation during Covid stuck inside is hell. :(
I am grateful to all the medical staff who provided care for me. I may sound like a grumpy ungrateful person, if you knew the circumstances why I am here in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, you most likely would feel the same way or worse.

Pleasant Shaves...
Happy Freedom day mate and enjoy the coffee/shaves! Here's to a speedy recovery and improved health! ;)

hi P&C-ers, hope everyone is well.

I haven't posted for a while so thought I better pop in for a bit of an update.

the razorock Hawks turned out to give me irritation on either side of my top lip (possibly a pressure issue caused by me) so I have packed them away for now and may at some stage BST them.

I've gone back to razors that have never let me down. I have been exclusively shaving with slants for the last month or so and I have been enjoying irritation and nick-free results.

in my rotation are hoffritz, 39c, german 37, iKon with SABI T1 handle. all giving great results and don't know why I need bother with further experimentation. maybe it's because I slow the whole process down a little and concentrate more when 'going the slant'.

I've got a pomco which I could add into the mix but haven't as yet and I have just ordered a 37c to round out the collection a little. I do have a much coveted unused, still packaged 37g which I bought when I heard they were going out of production. I just take it out of the box and stare at it every now and then and put it away - you know how it is :)

take care Pogonotomists , I'll be back soon.
Welcome back @chilliman64 its great to see you enjoying the slants as they're a great way at getting a closer yet mild shave. (y)

IXB0w3fl.jpg

10th Wedding Anniversary Shave

AP Reserve Florian Trifecta
Prometheus Handcrafts 28mm Oumo
Blackland Vector Ti
Congrats on the anniversary mate as your a better bloke than me as the misses reminded me the other day that we missed our 10th anniversary last month (not that we could go out to celebrate as bloody lockdown).
Super jealous over that SOTD setup as Florian is a personal favourite and the gear looks top notch! :eek:

Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 Go Beyond Jefferson
Soap: The Club - Pedro Fiasco

Another great shave with the vector, can’t seem to put it down.
1xSO8j2.jpg
I know exactly how you feel :D

Stop teasing me you two, only an hour to go. :)

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Wizamet SI #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Brush: TF Customs - P&C 2020 charity auction ivory resin 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream:Noble Otter - Lone Star
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (2)
Post-shave: Noble Otter - Lone Star AS splash / A&E skin food noushing cream.

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. Simply Sublime Shave :)

Back to the land of the living, and I felt like a 10 year old on Christmas day opening up the Vector.
OK OK OK OK OK OK OK @Gargravarr you were right, terrific razor.(y)(y):coffee:

If I did a touchup pass I would be at BBS. Smooth and efficient, even though the razor feels milder on the face, the efficiency is up there with more aggressive razors. Proline blades feel great, if I wanted more efficiency the razor has the headroom to use the Feather Pros or Pro Supers.

Titanium feels great (approx 45grams) not too light, very well balanced, makes the razor surprisingly agile. I have no issues with my difficult spots it shaves them no problems. My Razorock Hawk never felt right no matter what configuration. The Vector from the first pass I knew I would like this razor. Defiantly will be using this razor regularly.

Brush: TF Customs - P&C 2020 charity auction ivory resin 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream:Noble Otter - Lone Star
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (2)
Post-shave: Noble Otter - Lone Star AS splash / A&E skin food noushing cream.

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. Simply Sublime Shave :)

Back to the land of the living, and I felt like a 10 year old on Christmas day opening up the Vector.
OK OK OK OK OK OK OK @Gargravarr you were right, terrific razor.(y)(y):coffee:

If I did a touchup pass I would be at BBS. Smooth and efficient, even though the razor feels milder on the face, the efficiency is up there with more aggressive razors. Proline blades feel great, if I wanted more efficiency the razor has the headroom to use the Feather Pros or Pro Supers.

Titanium feels great (approx 45grams) not too light, very well balanced, makes the razor surprisingly agile. I have no issues with my difficult spots it shaves them no problems. My Razorock Hawk never felt right no matter what configuration. The Vector from the first pass I knew I would like this razor. Defiantly will be using this razor regularly.
Nobody likes anyone saying "I told you so", but, umm, I told you so. :p And it works just as well with any blade, even the Chinese No-Names.

Welcome back to the world!

New aftershave day. Tabac craftsman half price at Priceline $15. Nothing like Tabac with bit of citrus, Bergamot, lavender and patchouli? Definitely not skin food but nice enough.

Razor-Gillette British 1929 Popular
Blade- Israeli Red Persona
Brush-Yaqi 24mm boar
Soap-Stirling Glastonbury
Aftershave-Tabac craftsman

New aftershave day. Tabac craftsman half price at Priceline $15. Nothing like Tabac with bit of citrus, Bergamot, lavender and patchouli? Definitely not skin food but nice enough.

Razor-Gillette British 1929 Popular
Blade- Israeli Red Persona
Brush-Yaqi 24mm boar
Soap-Stirling Glastonbury
Aftershave-Tabac craftsman

Stirling Glastonbury (I've read the description at Artisan Arcade this morning) and 'Tabac' with patchouli?

I know YOUR type ...

Status
Not open for further replies.