Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
WR2 1.25
BIC
Olympiakos 2-Band custom by TroyCraft
Blue Devil Lavender Patch
RR XXX Splash

in the name of science and to help out the curiosity of @nav1 loaded the wolf with a BIC for todays shave.

Started to attack 2 days growth with a very steep WTG pass in the cheek and felt a little tugging, adjusted the angle and the tugging was gone..

wasn’t quite a neutral angle but not far off, and shave ended with 3 traditional passes with one extra ATG on the upper face..

conclusion was this blade was as smooth in the WR2 as my Rocca, sensational shave 👍

51688158075_b7608409bd_b.jpg

Great!
Thanks so much for the feedback!

Was the optimal angle of "handle-from-face" less than 45° or greater?

Great!
Thanks so much for the feedback!

Was the optimal angle of "handle-from-face" less than 45° or greater?

I reckon I started at an angle of around 15 degrees which was very close to being parallel to my face and increased it until I felt it go smooth, which would of been around approx 30 degrees

the WR2 head would hold the blade in more of a flat sandwich position than a curved one, and the Timeless would be the total opposite giving the clamped blade a lot of curve. This is good news as it may be a great blade for the lupo 72/95 razors, which are next on the list to test

Brush: TF Customs - P&C 2021 C.A The last 28mm boss knot
Soap/Cream: Sphinx beard Co. / A&E - Ecstasy
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (4)
Post-shave: Sphinx beard Co. / A&E - AS splash / A&E skin food nourishing cream

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Really enjoying the Vector, best daily shaving razor I have ever used. (Yesterday)

Thanks @Atmoz. Really enjoyed the soap and splash. The fragrance is a really good homage of Roja Dove's- Elysium. (y)

Last edited:
s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co - TAS Lavender Patch + a few drops of Greek wild lavender EO
Razor: Blackland Vector SS
Blade: Kai PINK, Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

I normally change out my blades after a week's use, 7 days being more or less the magic number of shaves I get out of them. (Head + face makes for a lot of shaving.) This Kai blade didn't last the course, tugging and pulling on day 5, so swapped over to a fresh Proline.

Razor: Wolfman Ti WR2 1.05
Blade: Feather
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 Go Beyond Jefferson
Soap: Oaken Lab - Earth of Mankind

Love the scent on this one. A nice dark, earthy gourmand scent on the soap, unfortunately the splash smells strongly of cloves which puts me off a bit.

I’ve been very impressed with the performance and post shave of both the V3 base and splash. They’re up there with some of the best artisans I’ve used.
l49HPKe.jpg

Razor: Blackland Vector SS

I normally change out my blades after a week's use, 7 days being more or less the magic number of shaves I get out of them. (Head + face makes for a lot of shaving.) This Kai blade didn't last the course, tugging and pulling on day 5, so swapped over to a fresh Proline.

Clearly it is that razor that is the problem !

Brush: TF Customs - P&C 2021 C.A The last 28mm boss knot
Soap/Cream: Sphinx beard Co. / A&E - Ecstasy
Razor: Blackland - Vector Ti
Blade: Schick - Proline (4)
Post-shave: Sphinx beard Co. / A&E - AS splash / A&E skin food nourishing cream

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Really enjoying the Vector, best daily shaving razor I have ever used. (Yesterday)

Thanks @Atmoz. Really enjoyed the soap and splash. The fragrance is a really good homage of Roja Dove's- Elysium. (y)
Loving the last TF Customs Brush mate ;)

What’s the soap scent like??? Otherwise I don’t remember if @rhodes96 has this soap.
While A&E have been known to have strong scents, the gin club is relatively subdued. During lather the scent doesn’t really come out, but the notes of dry gin are there, backed by lime and a hint of pepper. In comparison Stirling’s Gin and Tonic has a stronger scent and is a bit more citrus forward.

That being said the base is good and I enjoy its performance.

DsLEDuk.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Cream: Panacrema Nuàvia Rossa
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vitos Tobacco Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

An Italian tabacco-themed shave - it was sublime.
Of all the wonderful DE blades from the golden era, the Personna Super Platinum Chrome is close to my favourite. I slightly favour it over its more fabled predecessor, the Personna 74.

IMG-20211118-201306.jpg

Brush: TROYCRAFT Baby Chubby FS 24mm G4 - thanks @TroyTools
Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (4) - thanks @Gargravarr
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Fine Lather Bowl
Soap: Declaration Grooming Apogee sample - thanks @rhodes96
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

What a great way to finish the working week!
A few quick passes and the razor+blade delivered a close yet efficient shave.
I'm a big fan of DG soaps and this one smells very masculine which I like as the baby brush did a great job whipping up slick lather.
Enjoying the post shave feel from the soap and after shave mix!

Stay Safe (Dry) & Happy Shaves!

hjCul1hl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Towel
Brush: YAQI Viper Boar
Soap: A&E Cannablis Santal
Razor: Boker Abalone 6/8"
Post-shave: A&E Cannablis Aftershave

A big thanks to @Atmoz. I've been wanting to try A&E for a long time but never got the chance to purchase any. It was worth the wait, and I'll be definitely buying more of their soaps. The scent is unusual but quite pleasant. I'm a big fan of earthy, woody scents. The funny thing was, all I could smell was cannabis and all the wife smelt was the santal. For me the scent was so strong, I was glad I didn't get picked up by our routine drug testing here at work :LOL:

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Stirling Gentlemen shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 P&C head with prototype stinger handle
Blade: Iridium Super (5)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Stirling Gentlemen balm/splash
Fragrance: N/A

Really great this Stirling kit!

gsiM4rPl.jpg

17 November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

19 November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman
Tonight Tipple:- Oban 14yrs old

Lost Tribe of the Sith book 5 of 9
9650960.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.