IMG-20211121-163928-2.jpg

Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Chinese No Names (2) - thanks @Gargravarr
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira Unbreakable Lather Bowl
Soap: Noble Otter Neon Sun sample - thanks @rhodes96
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Second shave with these blades and felt very rough on my growth but still managed a close shave minus any irritation or blood letting.
Great performance from the soap sample with some sweetness from the scent that's quite nice...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

SOTW...

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

Last edited:
SOTW...

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

Arianna & Evans Asian Plum Soap & Splash
Billy Goat Brushworks w/ Oumo 26mm Lotus Tip knot
Yaqi SS CNC head (pre-production) w/ Razorock halo handle
Gillette Minora Stainless (2)

Great SOTD pics lads.(y)

What can @klinker come up with next?:)

Ffr5MGs.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Everest
Soap: Blue Devil Peach & Pear
Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

It was a massacre under my chin and neck on the ATG pass. Blade was super rough. I think this was probably due to after the last shave I may have hastily wiped the blade instead of blotting the moisture off. Binned it after.

Ffr5MGs.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Everest
Soap: Blue Devil Peach & Pear
Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

It was a massacre under my chin and neck on the ATG pass. Blade was super rough. I think this was probably due to after the last shave I may have hastily wiped the blade instead of blotting the moisture off. Binned it after.

is this such a thing? I always wipe my blades, actually I rub the blade back and forth over a towel (as it I were sharpening it) after every shave. IF what you said is actually a thing it may explain why my blades dont last

is this such a thing? I always wipe my blades, actually I rub the blade back and forth over a towel (as it I were sharpening it) after every shave. IF what you said is actually a thing it may explain why my blades dont last
I just gently dislodge any gunk with the pad of my thumb while the blade is submerged or under the tap, then put it back in the razor. I don't bother drying it, the blade won't rust (unless you're using one of those PC blades) within its normal working lifetime. Some people make a big deal about not wiping blades, but I'm pretty sure all that shaving must be much harder on the blade.

That said, your towel might be being a little rough. I guess the way to find out would be to try not doing that for a few days and see if that makes a difference.

FxMqu2Z.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Fitjar Islands Folgefonn
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Speick Aftershave Lotion
Scent: TOBS Eton College EdT

Very refreshing!

FxMqu2Z.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Fitjar Islands Folgefonn
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Speick Aftershave Lotion
Scent: TOBS Eton College EdT

Very refreshing!

That is no mining camp shave!

I was pretty rough I think. Normally I wipe in one direction, outwards from middle of the blade and away from the edge. This time I was going up and down the edge.

I just gently dislodge any gunk with the pad of my thumb while the blade is submerged or under the tap, then put it back in the razor. I don't bother drying it, the blade won't rust (unless you're using one of those PC blades) within its normal working lifetime. Some people make a big deal about not wiping blades, but I'm pretty sure all that shaving must be much harder on the blade.

That said, your towel might be being a little rough. I guess the way to find out would be to try not doing that for a few days and see if that makes a difference.
Yeah it’s an older microfibre towel that’s been around the block. Just gotta give my neck a break for a couple of days.

Not all blades are created equal!!
Some blades especially those with multiple and different types of coatings on them tend to fair poorer in the durability side of things, if you give them too much of a wipe which also reduces the smoothness. There are also some coated blades that will last and do have durability and smoothness when wiping the blade.

All of the Stainless Blades that I have tried, that are nominated as uncoated or minimal coating tend to last longer if you do give them a wipe, without comprising smoothness and durability within a normal use pattern. You will be surprised at the gunk that can be deposited on the blade especially if left in the razor that is only rinsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.