Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the Blue Devil Sandalwood? give @CraigE you're honest feedback.
This is a trick question isn't isn't it Speedster? Would I be right in guessing that @CraigE doesn't like the Sandalwood and you do? All I'm prepared to say after first use, is that I like it much better than TOBS Sandalwood, which is the only other sandalwood scent I have tried.. :cautious:

KAxpCjn.gif

This is a trick question isn't isn't it Speedster? Would I be right in guessing that @CraigE doesn't like the Sandalwood and you do? All I'm prepared to say after first use, is that I like it much better than TOBS Sandalwood, which is the only other sandalwood scent I have tried.. :cautious:

KAxpCjn.gif
Oh! Now I get it. @CraigE IS Blue Devil. Fool me once @SpeedyPC ...

After yesterday's shave with Nivea Men Sensitive shaving cream, this morning I decided to compare it against Proraso green cream, again using the Comoy's of London with a 0.1μm diamond pasted balsa hanging strop edge. Other than the scent, both shaves were surprising similar.

full

After doing a bit of internet searching, I found that the Nivea cream (100g) is available online for a price of about USD 10 including shipping. Once my current tube is finished I might consider replacing it.

Tomorrow will be Palmolive shaving cream.

Last edited:
vTobTpg.png

Stando SE Brass / Schick Proline / WCS 26mm Silvertip / Blue Devil Sandalwood / Lucky Tiger Face Tonic​
Curious to see your feedback regarding the Stando SE razor/s as intrigued to try the "Rod" as an alternative to the Hawk V3.
I recall @Errol had reviewed the earlier SE which had some blade feel compared to the milder "Rod"...??? :unsure:

WR2 1.25
German Wilkie
Troycraft 2-band badger - Olympiakos
Tabac
Proraso Red

These wilkies are very sharp, smooth and they last. Pushed the last blade to 6-7 shaves and for me that's massive, i usually get 3-4. Only changed the blade as it lost some sharpness not the smoothness, grabbed another 100 to add to the stash.

51733836782_762ff0b571_b.jpg

Curious to see your feedback regarding the Stando SE razor/s as intrigued to try the "Rod" as an alternative to the Hawk V3.
I recall @Errol had reviewed the earlier SE which had some blade feel compared to the milder "Rod"...??? :unsure:
The Stando SE that @Errol reviewed is pretty much the same razor as my brass version. I find it a bit more aggressive (efficient?) than my "Rod" or my Hawk V3 regular plate. IMHO both the "Rod" and the Hawk V3 Reg. are perfect everyday razors. Which has me considering moving along some of my milder DEs. ;)

The Stando SE that @Errol reviewed is pretty much the same razor as my brass version. I find it a bit more aggressive (efficient?) than my "Rod" or my Hawk V3 regular plate. IMHO both the "Rod" and the Hawk V3 Reg. are perfect everyday razors. Which has me considering moving along some of my milder DEs. ;)
Much appreciated the feedback as something about the Stando speaks to my Eastern European roots.... :unsure:

WR2 1.25
German Wilkie
Troycraft 2-band badger - Olympiakos
Tabac
Proraso Red

These wilkies are very sharp, smooth and they last. Pushed the last blade to 6-7 shaves and for me that's massive, i usually get 3-4. Only changed the blade as it lost some sharpness not the smoothness, grabbed another 100 to add to the stash.

51733836782_762ff0b571_b.jpg
German Wilkinsons are my favorite blades and are only blades that I purchased 100 of. I have light growth and can easily get 10 shaves from them.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Troycraft - Gold Cork 24mm 2 Band Bulb
Soap:- Declaration Grooming - Massacre of the Innocents
Razor:- Gillette Aristocrat #15
Blade:- Aussie Spoiler (4)
Aftershave:- Declaration Grooming - Massacre of the Innocents

dIuWpVG.jpg

IMG-20211206-192729-2.jpg

Brush: TROYCRAFT Purple & Gold 28mm Boar
Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (9)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Shaver Heaven Sweet Almond Milk
Post: Milman HQ Spring Rider A/S Serum // Sukin Hydration Biomarine Facial Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

The blades still staying strong despite my stubborn growth... Proud to be a Vectorian! :love:

Stay Dry (Safe) & Happy Shaves!

After yesterday's shave with Nivea Men Sensitive shaving cream, this morning I decided to compare it against Proraso green cream, again using the Comoy's of London with a 0.1μm diamond pasted balsa hanging strop edge. Other than the scent, both shaves were surprising similar.

full

After doing a bit of internet searching, I found that the Nivea cream (100g) is available online for a price of about USD 10 including shipping. Once my current tube is finished I might consider replacing it.

Tomorrow will be Palmolive shaving cream.
Nivea sensitive is available at Chemist Warehouse and Priceline for $5

Status
Not open for further replies.