Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse shaving soap
Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat '#15'
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse EDT

Seriously, what is it with the weather? 9 degrees but feels like 6 and constant rain ...

fzMwXNll.jpg
Thought that’s just another Tuesday for you Canberrans.

tfxG3gk.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Italian Citrus
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 58
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

When bloomed the Fine soap lathers very well and was super velvety today. Had to thin it a bit for ATG. BBS.

08 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Wizamet SI #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

10 December
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Amyris (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #33
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Rise of the Empire (including Clone War's) book 1 of 56
51W5F9owYKL._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I have kept aside my unobtainium Palmolive shaving soap stick (Australian) for a few decades and rarely used it. Normally I only shave with this soap for weddings, christenings and funerals. Weddings and christenings are becoming fewer and funerals more common.

Today I returned to my Palmolive stick so as to compare it against my ARKO stick tomorrow. As has been my decision for this week, I shaved with my Comoy's of London 6/8 finished on 0.1μm hanging balsa and face lathering using my most favoured Chinese synthetic brush.

full

Oh, what a feeling! It was so good that I wanted to do more full passes after my normal WTG, 2 x XTG + fool's pass. With a great test of my willpower, I was able to control myself knowing that if I did, I would have nothing to shave tomorrow.

This Palmolive stick outshines all the creams I have been using this week and probably my tallow Tabac. Tomorrow I will see if ARKO is better.

My brother lives just outside Bega. He said they had their fire going Thursday night, and they had 178mm of rain for the day.
Crazy weather!. My work colleague's mother recently deceased and he was stuck on the coast clearing out her flat. 110mm of rain fell in the day flooding the complex leaving people to flee onto the rooftop with rescue crews using boats to evacuate residents stuck. He's not due back until next week as roads out were flooded. :(

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Vie-Long 22mm Brown Horse Hair
Soap:- GEO.F.Trumper's - Spanish Leather
Razor:- Ralf Aust 6/8" American Point, Wenge Handle
Aftershave:- Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars

BovZFGQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.