Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
50947949642_51324c65fa_c.jpg

Brush: Wild West Brushworks «Nebula» + Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: Karve CB Brass SB-D
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Lather: Barrister & Mann - Reserve Lavender

I don’t know why I haven’t been using this soap more, the scent and performance is amazing. I recently started using the D plate instead of the C plate on my Karve, and feel like I have been getting better and closer shaves.

Have a great day everybody!

IMG-20210215-212409.jpg

Brush: Alpha BetaHive Cu 28mm SHD Manchurian
Razor: Yintal 3000s Brass TTO (4, 3, 2)
Blade: Wizamet S.I (7)
Pre: Shower
Soap: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood
Post: Neutrogena Hydro Boost 50+ SPF lotion // AP Reserve Bay City Splash
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Such a smooth yet efficient shave with this budget adjustable. :)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - Majestic 28mm Rhodium fan
Soap/Cream: Gentlemans Nod - Zaharoff Signature Royal
Razor: Merker - Futur (5)
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (14)
Post-shave: Gentlmans Nod - Zaharoff Signature Royal AS splash / A&E Hotshitsu Elixer

2 pass WTG = DFS+ Daily shave. Switched the blade over into something that will keep me on my toes during the shave. Smoothness has dropped and increased blade feel is present. Effciency wise about the same as the Lupo 95 although defiantely not as agile. The blade is not dead, just that this razor would benefit from a newer blade. Overall enjoyable shave.

The Soap, Gentlemans Nod - Zaharoff Signature Royal. Scent strength for the soap is light off the puck and medium once lathered. The splash is medium strength. Scent notes, magnolia, pigments, citrus, amber, oud, apple, vanilla, suede, lavender, cedar, cardamom, patchouli, musk, juniper, and Sandalwood.

Very strong base notes similar to the original Zaharoff Signature original.
Fresh citrusy top notes, with a decent weighted middle notes of florals lavender, magnolia with a peppery spice of pimento leaf. It smells very much like the original Zaharoff Signature except Royal has a more apple and citrus top end instead of pear of the original Zaharoff. This gives the scent a lighter brighter note. Dry down is lighter as well, I can pick up the magnolia, and pimento floating over the base wood notes. The patchouli and musk are scented really lightly only picking up their scents very briefly off the puck.

Overall a refined masculine brighter scented version of the original Zaharoff based off the EDP. This one I would classify as Chyprental scent. A hybrid scent of a Chypre and an Oriental, as it has top, middle and base notes which are common to both scent profiles. Lucky for me these are my two favourite scent profiles and to have them together in one fragrance, I am fortunate.(y)(y)

Last edited:
H-SOTD (16.02.21)

1-C863-AFF-AFDB-4375-83-B6-1-E0-F4-A2-B6-BC9.jpg

Pre-shave: Neutrogena - Hydroboost cleanser
Brush: TF Custom with 26mm Tux Knot
Soap: WFTW - All Things Nice
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Black (Shave #1)
Post-shave: Neutrogena - Hydroboost Watergel

DE shave #4 done.

All things nice - mmmmmnnnnn! Creamy, sweet, honey goodness. It smells like a cup of warm milky cocoa that’s been sweetened with a block of honey comb.

The soap itself lathered well and held its shape. Not as thick as moon soap or B+M, but superior to Prorosa. The soap left a nice slick feeling, but nothing too oily. I’m looking forwards to using this again!

First time using a Wilkinson Sword blade - nice and smooth. Just as smooth as an astra blade, but less aggressive than a feather blade (in my experience)

Maybe it was all made better by a nip of whisky as a night cap though :)

C

Early morning shave

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter/APR ~ Jungle Warrior (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #16
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive

IMG-20210216-215404.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R96 "Pimped"
Blade: Wizamet S.I (8)
Soap: Whispers From The Woods All Things Nice
Post: Neutrogena Hydro Boost 50+ SPF lotion // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion

DdkIBk1m.jpg

Soap: Pb Camphorwood Rocker
Brush: Omega 10019
Razor: SS Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super (4)
AS: Pb Green Parrot
Halfway through shower last night and realised that was mud coming through shower.......had to rinse off with my drinking water container.:mad: Not a lot of choices for accomodation out west. Cleared up this morning so I'll have another attempt.
I guess that mud is the better option than frogs guts that came through the pipes a couple of years ago at the same place. The Deli belly that came with it was not unexpected.

DdkIBk1m.jpg

Halfway through shower last night and realised that was mud coming through shower.......had to rinse off with my drinking water container.:mad: Not a lot of choices for accomodation out west. Cleared up this morning so I'll have another attempt.
Ahh, the pleasures of travelling. No wonder @Mark1966 wants to go back on the road.

DdkIBk1m.jpg

Halfway through shower last night and realised that was mud coming through shower.......had to rinse off with my drinking water container.:mad: Not a lot of choices for accommodation out west. Cleared up this morning so I'll have another attempt.
I guess that mud is the better option than frogs guts that came through the pipes a couple of years ago at the same place. The Deli belly that came with it was not unexpected.
I've been told having a mud bath is good for your old fart skin @Pbgoose

IMG-20210216-215404.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R96 "Pimped"
Blade: Wizamet S.I (8)
Soap: Whispers From The Woods All Things Nice
Post: Neutrogena Hydro Boost 50+ SPF lotion // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion

All things nice and Neutrogena - winning combo :0)

what’s in the little jar with the pipette?

c

Hot shower
DR Harris shave stick
Gillette Sensor
Brush - oh bugger ....

Yep. Left the travel brush still drying at home by mistake.

Fingers for the lather - nothing @alfredus would want photos of!

Status
Not open for further replies.