Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that way.

The rush from quarter 4 2020 has worn off and time for razor enablers of 2021 to find out what's the best thing.

I am predicting the new Razorock Lupo SS models. :)

strange, I still feel the love for this razor, up there with the wolfman for me, good thing too cos Im on a sabbatical for the year and has stopped me gassing for a new razor..

how about you, has the love worn off?

strange, I still feel the love for this razor, up there with the wolfman for me, good thing too cos Im on a sabbatical for the year and has stopped me gassing for a new razor..

No way, it's a really good razor that works for me, and does everything shaving wise I ask of it. I was fortunate to to get the R94 all SS, so the birch bark theme will never go out of fashion for me. Lately the Lupo SS 95 has all my attention. Interested to hear @Errol review when the time comes.

No way, it's a really good razor that works for me, and does everything shaving wise I ask of it. I was fortunate to to get the R94 all SS, so the birch bark theme will never go out of fashion for me. Lately the Lupo SS 95 has all my attention. Interested to hear @Errol review when the time comes.

I have all three versions of handle and still enjoy them all equally, its not the most efficient razor, but for me the mid-aggressive razor is perfect in that it gets me BBS with no fuss or weepers/irritation

I have been quite interested in the Lupo SS prior to the Rocca, but now it has come out in a 95 plate my interest is back.

how would you compare the lupo 95 to the Rocca?

no love for the rocca?
The Rocca is a fine razor, but what i have in mind is something more radical. I'm planning on getting out of DE razors altogether and sticking to single edges. I just get a more enjoyable shave with the blade feel of AC razors. I haven't 100% made up my mind yet, but I've been considering it for the last few weeks.

Plenty of time... :unsure::whistle:

The only thing i regret about the corky is that it appears to be a bit hard to move on the BST... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have all three versions of handle and still enjoy them all equally, its not the most efficient razor, but for me the mid-aggressive razor is perfect in that it gets me BBS with no fuss or weepers/irritation

I have been quite interested in the Lupo SS prior to the Rocca, but now it has come out in a 95 plate my interest is back.

how would you compare the lupo 95 to the Rocca?

Still early days, very similar smoothness so far, slightly more efficient, more agile for under the nose area and tight contours of my face. I have been lucky with blades so far and hit perfect shaving jackpot with the King C Gillette blades.

Love my Rocca/s paired with a Wizamet and a decent lather = long lasting BBS! (y)

The Rocca is a fine razor, but what i have in mind is something more radical. I'm planning on getting out of DE razors altogether and sticking to single edges. I just get a more enjoyable shave with the blade feel of AC razors. I haven't 100% made up my mind yet, but I've been considering it for the last few weeks.

Plenty of time... :unsure::whistle:

The only thing i regret about the corky is that it appears to be a bit hard to move on the BST... :rolleyes:

I'm keen to try the Vector but not so keen investing in SE blades as there's no guarantee the shave will be as good as my current favourite DEs...?

nice 👍 I’ve also used wizamets and they are a super smooth blade.. u tried the Gillette yellows? Just as smooth but sharper :)
Yeah Yelllows work great with Rocca as sharp but buttery smooth. I grabbed 100 once I saw you stock up ;)
So far my favourites: Wizamet. Yellows, Rubies, Muhle work great with a bunch of other blades passable!

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water Rosalimone
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK (3)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

A bit of a change of scene, time to use up some of my samples. This MW Rosalimone is what the name implies, a simple rose-forward blend with lemon zest, tastefully done with no cloying. Performance, of course, is excellent as j would expect. Scent strength about 3 out of 5. Perfectly pleasant, but doesn't send me into orgasmic raptures. Probably just as well. :unsure::LOL:

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter/APR ~ Jungle Warrior (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Last edited:
OK, here 'tis

cqNrv7Ml.jpg

Kkuc4udl.jpg

Here's my travel kit for this week. First rule - don't travel lightly. I do also carry some back up in amongst the suitcase somewhere i.e. a tube of Nivea shave cream and of course the Arko. There's the Gillette Fusion that's lived in the toilet bag for the last thirteen years and a plastic DE my son bought me in Thailand (just in case, and it actually works reasonably well).
OK, I understand @Mark1966 is geared up for air travel, I'm guessing this lot wouldn't make it through as hand luggage.:LOL:

Kkuc4udl.jpg

Here's my travel kit for this week. First rule - don't travel lightly. I do also carry some back up in amongst the suitcase somewhere i.e. a tube of Nivea shave cream and of course the Arko. There's the Gillette Fusion that's lived in the toilet bag for the last thirteen years and a plastic DE my son bought me in Thailand (just in case, and it actually works reasonably well).
OK, I understand @Mark1966 is geared up for air travel, I'm guessing this lot wouldn't make it through as hand luggage.:LOL:

All class @Pbgoose (y)

I will be re packing my Dopp kit this weekend for intended travel shortly. Need to survive 15 days stuck in a hotel room with terrible food. In regards to carry on luggage, I have always packed my dopp kit in my checked in luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.