Status
Not open for further replies.
ZL6klHql.jpg

Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (1)
AS: Pb Sorro
Missed shaving yesterday so the Asylum was the perfect tool to mow down two days growth albeit with a couple of weepers. Lather was just right and had enough to shower with post shave.

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, see above + Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

A truly sumptuous shave to make up for having missed out for the last couple of days. Castle Forbes gets a bad rap in some places, but I find that if I load up plenty, directly out of the tub, it gives me about the best shave of any soap I've tried. And I do love that blast of lavender... :love::love:

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Shavemac - 26mm unique silvertip
Soap/Cream: Grooming Department - Amare
Razor: Homelike Shaving - Colibri
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (18)
Post-shave: A&E - Southern California Hipster AS / A&E - Post Shave Serum

2 pass WTG + touchups = DFS+ daily shave. End of life for this blade after 18 shaves.

The Soap, Grooming Department - Amare. Scent strength, medium to strong off the puck and lathered. Scent notes, Click here.

Oh I really like this one. It has all my favourite summery scents carefully blended and beautifully balanced with the darker woods notes to create a fruity, spicey, tropical accord over warm woods base. Pineapple is the prominent fruit scent with coconut, mango, and could be passionfruit. A little floral and spices in the middle, and the oakmoss, vanilla, sandlewood, vetiver make a very smooth, warm, earthy base notes. There is also a little musk which is not shown on the scent notes, it's there. What i have noticed with alot of the GD soaps, is the base notes share common scents of woods and musk.

A great tropical summer scent that you could wear day or evenings for those casual occasions. (y)(y)

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Monarch
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

ZL6klHql.jpg

Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (1)
AS: Pb Sorro
Missed shaving yesterday so the Asylum was the perfect tool to mow down two days growth albeit with a couple of weepers. Lather was just right and had enough to shower with post shave.
Yum lather (y)(y)(y)

IMG-20210228-181257.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes BetaHive Cu 28mm SHD Manchurian
Head: Leaf Razor
Blade: Gillette Nacet x3
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R95 Birch Bark
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfaite
Post: Brut A/S Splash // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // The Stray Whisker After Balm

WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

The Klimt on the label does a great job of selling that soap all by itself. Thanks for the review, this looks like something I'd like to try on the offchance that it's still available in 2022. :unsure:

Thanks for the info about the Gustav Klimt art on the soap tub . Now I realise I had the shaving tub in the picture 270 degrees around the wrong way.:LOL:

IMG-20210228-220335.jpg

Brush: PAA Alpha Rocket
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Washpool Bergamot, Patchouli, Cedarwood
Post: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm // Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50 Lotion // M/r Royal Cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Not much left to shave after yesterdays effort with the Rocca. Great performance from this soap but not a fan of cedarwood as its way too over powering/earthy! (n)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (3)
Post-shave: APR Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: APR Lightning Ridge EDP

No, the name on the soap is NOT horizontal. Was about to take another shot and fix it then though, nah, let's get radical this new month!

Vs2PcH8l.jpg

It adds a useful marketing schtick, nothing more. They could use human baby tallow to the same effect. :eek:
Too far!

[Although I'm wondering why they want to use bear tallow in the first place!]

Status
Not open for further replies.