IMG-20210308-190027.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes Kryten Ti 28mm UHD Manchurian
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H 0.50mm Mild Plate
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (8)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Squadron Soaps Empire
Post: Squadron Soaps Empire A/S Splash // The Stray Whisker After Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

An equally enjoyable shave with the milder plate.

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Yikes... half the government is off sick, are you running shit now @Mark1966 ?
Perhaps we should encourage the whole damn lot of them on both sides to take a joint sickie. That way, they can't do anything nasty to anyone. Win-win. Sure, there would be a certain waste of taxpayers' money, but they do that anyway...

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Gooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: KAI (4)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

Well us lifters are back to work today, although for me that is Zooming into a team meeting in Sydney I cannot attend as I'm not allowed to fly or drive post some minor surgery. All day on Zoom, just great ...

(BTW - our staff from WA are not attending either as there will be Victorians there. Being in the same room as Victorians would mean quarantining for 14 days on their return to WA!)

pSIWIxCl.jpg

Two brushes @Holiday ?
So the plans for the border walls as per the Australia Day Lamb ad are underway then?

So the plans for the border walls as per the Australia Day Lamb ad are underway then?

Ridiculous - and changing from Monday, after the election this weekend. Exactly what I predicted in the middle of last year.

IMG-20210309-220005.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Karve Brass SB (D plate) + WCS Brass handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (9)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Squadron Soaps Scramble
Post: Squadron Soaps Scramble A/S Splash // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Gooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: KAI (5)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

OK then, well that is enough of that ...

GAyOIpQl.jpg

RAZOR: Comoy of London 6/8"
CREAM: Colonel Conc Bayrum
BRUSH: Frank Shave Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Paco Rabanne
4itxYU7.jpg

I was expecting a lot from this soap. I love the name and always wanted to try Bayrum (love the drink, so the soap has to be good right?). Being a PIF I had to cut a bit off and bowl lather, something I have never done. The lather was so weak and watery, in a word pathetic. The smell was ok but weak, not offensive. The second pass had the worst lather I have ever seen, I could see my face with a faint watery cover. My overall opinion of Colonel Conc is meh. I'll try again because I want to like the product but if it fails this hard again tomorrow it's off the list of shave soaps to buy.

EPN8fZyl.jpg

Soap: P&B ICENI
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (shimmed) (2)
This tree survived the 2015 tornado that ripped through here. The other half of it dropped on my cruiser. Over the last few weeks I've dropped approx. 60 trees for the building project, mostly in an attempt to achieve a reasonable BAL score for the DA. I can understand it for the mountains but it seems a bit over the top for out here. I planted a few river red gums when we first moved here (just 'cause I could) which are now impressive 60 footers. There's no way I'm taking a chainsaw to them.

Brush: Yaqi - 24mm timber wolf
Soap/Cream: Caties Bubbles - 95 Liquid Labels
Razor: Karve CB - SB (F)
Blade: Personna - Satinex 2000 Platinum Plus (2)
Post-shave: Nivea - 2 phase / Bulldog - Sensitive Moisturiser

2 pass WTG = AFDS ( adequate for daily shave ). A new shaving category AFDS when not up to the standard of DFS, DFS+ or BBS. Nothing wrong with the shave. reminds of a 2 pass cartridge shave. At least I know where this blade stands in regards to performance. Stubble again in a few hours, which has its perks depending on the situation.

Sunny Muppet how the blade feels on your face using the F standard base plate? Does it feels a bit too edgy than the R41?

F plate is the pick of the pack for myself as a daily shaver. The F and G plate are so smooth compared to the R41. If your going for BBS every day, then it may be a bit too much for some.

j1S1mO1.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: Omega 10065 Boar
Bowl: Rover from Artisan Arcade
Soap/Cream: Oleo Soapworks 'Citrus Verde'
Razor: Gamechanger .84p
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post-shave: Cold water

On the road for a few days so threw together a neat little travel kit selection. The Citrus Verde is one of the few soaps
I have where I can actually detect a specified fragrance; love the fresh citrus. The GC .84p reminded me a little of the Charcoal Goods Level 2 but not quite as smooth. Similar in the way that it can deliver a mindless DFS shave; no need to get into a Zen trance in order not to shed blood. I haven't used a Nacet for a good while but it certainly has few shortcomings in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.