UzTgXaD.png

4OLxtwC.gif

RAZOR: Comoy of London 6/8"
CREAM: Pino Silvester
BRUSH: Zenith 208 with Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Green

g9lzw1K.jpg

First time using the Pino Silvester, it's part of a PIF. I love Proraso Green so looked forward to this one. It almost lathers as well as Proraso, it was as thick on the face and had plenty of cushion but the scent wasn't was strong as Proraso. It was slick and I had a really good shave. Overall it's a solid performer but for me I like Proraso more because of the OP scent. BAM! It used to be sold at Chemist Warehouse, so maybe you might see it.
Discontinued unfortunately.

last night

Pre-shave: shower
Bowl/Scuttle: Timeless bowl
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap/Cream: Gillette Pure Shave Cream with a few drops of Peppermint EO
Razor/Blade: German 37 slant with Astra SP
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: none
Passes: 3-pass face, 2-pass neck - very light tidy up with Schick I1 injector

first shave with this RazoRock - result? - DFS :)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C 2019 Charity Auction shaving brush
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Post-shave: APR Acqua di Sydney splash
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio EDC

One of those 'magic pudding' triple milled soaps - still makes a great lather though!

NYMfL4Ql.jpg

Last two shaves

vI49viW.jpg

Razor: DScosmetic Z0 with WCS Halo SS handle
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Oumo 26mm Manchuria fan
Soap: Wholly Kaw - Vor V

deD9Ugr.jpg

Razor: Yaqi Katana SE with WCS Halo SS handle
Blade: Bic CP (half)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm SHD geltip badger
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Pomona

Handle's too heavy for the Z0, going to put the Sceptre handle back on.

Broke out the Katana head because someone on the reddit sub did a SODT with it . I'm curious to try Yaqi's Vector clone when it's finally available in Aus.

RAZOR: Comoy of London 6/8"
CREAM: TOBS Grapefruit
BRUSH: Frank Shave Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: CK Escape
OpBDIHh.jpg

TOBS was a great shave cream this morning;first time using. I don't think I'd buy Grapefruit but I really liked the performance of the soap. There are a few other creams in the PIF so I'll be keen to try them.

Be nice if Yaqi resolved Katana issues and made it as efficient as Vector.
You could argue that Yaqi resolved the issues with the Katana with the Excalibur (still running with their "sword" naming conventions). The V3 Katana head is as good as it's going to get, which is why they're offering a AC type SE instead.

I'm curious to try Yaqi's Vector clone when it's finally available in Aus.
That's a bit cheeky. The original hasn't exactly been around that long. I know there can't be any patent or copyright, but it is a bit rude to let Blackland do all the hard work and then rip it off. Yaqi have lots of good products of their own, but this practice of taking other people's work and reselling it on the cheap only goes to reinforce the Chinese reputation for shonkiness.

zLESDOi.jpg

First shave today with my recently acquired Feather Artist club SS. I used a Kai guarded blade. The shave wasn't as effortless as what I get with my Blackland Vector but considering this was my first ever shave with a straight edge I am quite happy with the result.

Pre: Proraso red
Soap: MWF
Brush: Omega pure badger
Post: Alum, Thayer's Witch Hazel, GFT Spanish Leather Skin Food

That's a bit cheeky. The original hasn't exactly been around that long. I know there can't be any patent or copyright, but it is a bit rude to let Blackland do all the hard work and then rip it off. Yaqi have lots of good products of their own, but this practice of taking other people's work and reselling it on the cheap only goes to reinforce the Chinese reputation for shonkiness.
I was unaware that Yaqi had planned on releasing a Vector clone and call me a hypocrite as I own a few of their products but will be hesitant making any future purchases as a sign of solidarity for the hard yards Shane @Blacklands put in to perfect his SE razor. As tempting as it would be to test one out for a grasp of what the Vector might be like I will happily save my hard earned $$$ and support innovators as opposed to lazy companies that feel its OK to blatantly rip off a successful design and justify this by making it in a cheaper metal! (n):muted:

Another reason why I'm reluctant to try the recent Pearl Flex no matter the good reviews or price point!

No, just the plastic Twig that came with the razor. Wasn’t aware they’d brought out a metal Twig.
Yeah its quite a decent shaver by all accounts with a twist open design that puts their plastic prototype to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.