Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ The Full Measure of Man (sample)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #12 .... finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

6p04iED.jpg

• Razor: Karve Brass SB-E
  • Blade: Astra SP
  • Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
  • Soap: Declaration Grooming - 88 Chestnut Street
E plate c(k)arve's its way through 2 days of growth with ease. Of course, 2 days of growth for me is more like a 5'oclock shadow for others, so probably not so impressive.

Y'all must have forgot - Part 2. DG Milksteak is the best base amongst the soaps in my collection. WK Siero, ZM Sego and now HoM Tusk comes close, but all must bow to the almighty one. And I only own 3 DG soaps compared to an ass-ton of BM and others. Probably because my first DG soap wasn't such a hot favourite for me scent-wise (Dayman) which kind of put me off buying any more. I own this one and YRP, which I love. I may pick up some more DG soap in the future - but I'm not super keen on any of DG's non CL scents though. I load the brush for 20 seconds after squeezing most of the water out. If I get a lot of proto-lather, the brush is too wet. Then face lather the thick paste, adding small amounts of water at a time until I get a shiny goopy lather resembling melted marshmallow. It actually isn't too slick, which is good because too slick soap can sometimes make the razor glide over hairs if you shave away from the sweet spot. It's just sticky enough to catch errant hairs, but provides enough cushion between your skin and the blade itself, so you can buff and ATG with impunity without worrying about cutting yourself. If you need extra slickness, all it takes is a couple of dabs of extra water on the skin and mix with the soap till your face is a slippery as oil on glass. Super clean efficient BBS, that was easier to get with this soap than others.

IMG-20210310-190647.jpg

Brush: Proraso Omega 28mm Boar
Razor: iKon Shavecraft 102 Slant
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: A&G Soapworks Vanilla, Patchouli & Sandalwood
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion & Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Acqua di Palma Colonia shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Acqua di Palma Colonia splash
Fragrance: Acqua di Palma Colonia EDP

Thought it was a smooth but gentle shave till I slapped on the splash - that woke me up! Smelling good though :)

V0rZiELl.jpg

RAZOR: Comoy of London 6/8"
CREAM: Colonel Conc Bayrum
BRUSH: Jack the Barber Synthetic knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: CK Eternity
RqPWdIL.jpg

Take 2 on the Colonel Conc. After a woeful performance I used my Crabtree & Evelyn wooden bowl and synthetic brush to work the soap up. It took more effort than my other soaps and produced an ok lather on the face. When scraped onto the toilet paper it lacks the volume and density Proraso makes. So it was an OK soap, but I wouldn't rush to buy it.

CREAM: Colonel Conc Bayrum
BRUSH: Jack the Barber Synthetic knot
AFTERSHAVE: CK Eternity
RqPWdIL.jpg

Take 2 on the Colonel Conc. After a woeful performance I used my Crabtree & Evelyn wooden bowl and synthetic brush to work the soap up. It took more effort than my other soaps and produced an ok lather on the face. When scraped onto the toilet paper it lacks the volume and density Proraso makes. So it was an OK soap, but I wouldn't rush to buy it.

You used Col Conk? To shave with? Brave effort :)

Mark1966, I have seen it around for ages on the market. Currently there is a PIF going on Badger & Blade & there are 2 cakes of it, so I was keen to try & wanted to like it. What are your thoughts on it?

IMG-20210310-190647.jpg

Brush: Proraso Omega 28mm Boar
Razor: iKon Shavecraft 102 Slant
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: A&G Soapworks Vanilla, Patchouli & Sandalwood
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion & Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!
What’s the spray bottle? hoping is NOT bloody lemon bleach using near your Japanese floor style toilet.

giphy.gif

Mark1966, I have seen it around for ages on the market. Currently there is a PIF going on Badger & Blade & there are 2 cakes of it, so I was keen to try & wanted to like it. What are your thoughts on it?

Col Conk is almost universally despised as being a next to useless soap. Most seem to end up being used as body soap as the scents are nice, but the performance far less so...

H-SOTD (11.03.21)

Pre-shave: Neutrogena - Hydroboost cleanser
Brush: Grizzly Bay - with Fanchurian V9 knot
Soap: Sterling - Barbershop
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Wilkinson Blue (Shave #2)
Post-shave: Welda - Skinfood light

Another great shave!

Barbershop - such an old skool smell. Tobacco, leather, tradition.

DF2-ED6-D6-A204-4-A94-8-F5-F-1864799-A33-A1.jpg

Brush: TF Customs - P&C 2020 Charity Auction Ivory 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Proraso - Cypress & Vetiver
Razor: Karve CB - SB (F)
Blade: Personna - Satinex 2000 Platinum Plus (3)
Post-shave: Fine - Fresh Vetiver / Proraso Cypress & Vetiver AS balm

2 pass WTG daily shave = AFDS. Very nice blade if you want to shave twice a day.:)

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT

It's been a few days since I've posted an SOTD, but I haven't actually gone feral, just busy. Today's was a bit unsatisfactory for two reasons. One: I struggled to get a decent load of soap on my brush, since this one is so donutted I spent a lot of time chasing the ring of soap around the tub. Next time I use this soap, I'll go for a scoop & smear approach until it's gone. Two: after yesterday experimentally trying a Kai PINK in this razor and finding it too subdued (though effective), I've moved that blade to the Vector where it'll be appreciated and replaced it with a Feather Pro, which performed likewise. I think I'll stick to Pro Supers in this razor from now on. (And the Chinese No-Names are OK too.)

No problem, it's a new razor, so lesson learned. I like that.

Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Acqua di Palma Colonia shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Acqua di Palma Colonia splash
Fragrance: Acqua di Palma Colonia EDP

Close and smooth and less of a sting from the splash, probably because I used less though! Smelling good too

V0rZiELl.jpg

CREAM: Pino Silvester
BRUSH: Zenith 208 with Best Badger knot
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Green

g9lzw1K.jpg

First time using the Pino Silvester, it's part of a PIF. I love Proraso Green so looked forward to this one. It almost lathers as well as Proraso, it was as thick on the face and had plenty of cushion but the scent wasn't was strong as Proraso. It was slick and I had a really good shave. Overall it's a solid performer but for me I like Proraso more because of the OP scent. BAM! It used to be sold at Chemist Warehouse, so maybe you might see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.