Aftershave:- Ariana & Evans - Khalifa

l1b5lTC.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Soap:- GEO.F.Trumper's - Spanish Leather
Brush:- Omega 620 Super Badger
Razor:- Solingen - Wacker 6/8 with Blonde Horn Scales
Aftershave:- Ariana & Evans - Khalifa

l1b5lTC.jpg

Much better, none of that fancy smanzy stuff ;)

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

01254-DC6-AA0-E-491-F-B854-0-DE61-CC00249.jpg

It's been a hell of a rough past week with a lot going on (including an emergency overseas trip) but shaving has been valuable to impart some ritualistic calm.
Hopefully things improve for you. I haven't had an emergency trip to contend with, but I know what you mean. Shaving has been my little bastion of calm and respite from the craziness of work over the last few weeks. It had started to affect my mental health recently, but thankfully I get to go in and resign on Monday. I'm so glad I "got" this whole shaving rabbit hole the second time I tried it. Thanks to everyone on here, you've all played a part in helping me, and I'm sure many others, find a spot of calmness in the day. When I'm having a rubbish day at work, I can at least run my hand across my face and appreciate the great shave I had that morning. Cheers to all.

Hopefully things improve for you. I haven't had an emergency trip to contend with, but I know what you mean. Shaving has been my little bastion of calm and respite from the craziness of work over the last few weeks. It had started to affect my mental health recently, but thankfully I get to go in and resign on Monday. I'm so glad I "got" this whole shaving rabbit hole the second time I tried it. Thanks to everyone on here, you've all played a part in helping me, and I'm sure many others, find a spot of calmness in the day. When I'm having a rubbish day at work, I can at least run my hand across my face and appreciate the great shave I had that morning. Cheers to all.

Good luck with finding a less stressful job or aren’t you up to it.

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Mocha Ismaili, Yemen

Viva le Artsy Fartsy Revolution be careful mods may ban us for being too artistic :)
You're getting some good longevity out of that Cloud blade. It's so annoying they don't fit in the Lupo 72 properly because they're a good blade.

Surprisingly good - not the sharpest blade out the pack but do not appear to dull quickly either. Interested to see where @SpeedyPC rates them

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @TroyTools Platypig Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gilette L1 'Slim' (6)
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (7)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

Hey @Zeke - good to hear that you seem to be turning a corner work wise! Glad you can fine your 'zen' spot in your daily shave. Trust that it all goes well tomorrow.

HajmA8r.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @TroyTools Platypig Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gilette L1 'Slim' (6)
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (7)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars EDP

Hey @Zeke - good to hear that you seem to be turning a corner work wise! Glad you can fine your 'zen' spot in your daily shave. Trust that it all goes well tomorrow.

HajmA8r.jpg
Looks like someone found their artistic Zen spot (y) :)

Surprisingly good - not the sharpest blade out the pack but do not appear to dull quickly either. Interested to see where @SpeedyPC rates them
I’ve decided to re-test the Cloud super stainless fresh blade into my most trusted Merkur 34C, instead of the Weishi 9306F, because, I can properly test the blade for a much better feel on my skin, and how far can the Cloud super stainless stretch the edge.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Sandalwood
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Cloud Super Stainless #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for winter season)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Not very happy with the B&M sandalwood, because, the sandalwood is a very weak scent, probably not suitable in winter which is why I can't smell the sandalwood. Looks like this soap might be suitable for spring and I might be able to smell the sandalwood better. So this soap is going to be put away until spring, IF, this soap still smells very weak, or a bad batch? Looks like I may have to sell it.

Still too early to comment on the Cloud super stainless. Why? see above topic.

Two razors this morning. Both Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60, one with an 18.3° bevel angle (RHS) and the other with a thined spine and 17.3° bevel angle (LHS).

Getting to near the end of the tube of Palmolive Regular cream (Italy).

full

Both shaved pretty much the same except that the 17.3° required a little less force to cut the whiskers in the fool's pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.