Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That mist is looking mighty chilly @Gargravarr
We are hitting chilly sub 20 degrees here in the tropical Top End a beautiful summers day down south :)
Time to break out a scuttle to keep the lather warm between passes
UM8q3u7.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- TF Customs - Choc Fudge Sundae
Soap:- Declaration Grooming - Trismegistus
Razor:- British Made 1912 Gem
Blade:- Gem (7)
Aftershave:- Declaration Grooming - Trismegistus
The Gem is just getting better with every shave

That must be freezing! :LOL:

That mist is looking mighty chilly @Gargravarr
We are hitting chilly sub 20 degrees here in the tropical Top End a beautiful summers day down south :)
Time to break out a scuttle to keep the lather warm between passes
Funny, some days it looks a lot worse than it is. We've had a lot of mornings at -2ºC lately, but today was a balmy 1º. Either way, it still plays merry hell with arthritic hands. I'm forced to wear gloves 100% of the time when I'm outdoors, and sometimes inside too. :cold: I just settle for floating my bowl in the washbasin.

But at least the tiger snakes aren't playing.
Little bastards were on the go last summer, one lone big boy tried to hop into my toolbag on the sly but caught him in a nick of time.

I ran over a tiger snake in July last year, so you can't always count on them not being out and about. (No, I don't feel bad about killing it, there are plenty more.) But at least it's generally safe to let the dogs out to run around without them getting into trouble. We've lost two to snakes now, I can't bear the thought of that happening again... :(

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (3)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

No photo, early morning trip to the airport for a flight, so you will have to take my word for it.

Have a great day guys!

s1fI7go.png

Pre - Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor - Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
Blade - Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Brush - Restored Butterscotch Opal 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
Bowl - Fine Accoutrements Blue and White Lather Bowl
Soap - Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme Shave Soap
Post - Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme Aftershave Splash

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Macchiato" Snow Leopard
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co - Lavender Patch
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's Cucumber witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Rante Kapua Torajah, Sulawesi

Between brush and soap, I guess I've got 2/3 Tasmanian content in this shave... :unsure:

52197004189_262e415e29_c.jpg

Brush: Chisel & Hound v14 Fanchurian
Razor: Karve CB Brass SB-C
Blade: Feather (3)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Bay Rum
Post shave: Zingari - The Nomad - Balm
Fragrance: Le Labo - Baie 19 EDP

Nice shave, it really elevated my mood on another cold, grey and rainy morning.

Have a great day!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Paladin Cleo 26/52mm Bulb in Cobalt
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS. 'SB-C' / Wizamet SI #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for winter season)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Jd7Dzq4.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Billygoat Brushworks / Maggard 26mm SHD 2 band
Soap: Declaration Grooming Original
Razor: Game Changer .84p
Blade: Feather (2)
Post-shave: Alum block, Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, Razorock Emperor, Armaf ‘Club de Nuit’
What a great little razor the GC 84 is! Haven' used a Feather for a while, no complaints there either.

Admiring the Sabre @Gargravarr a very tempting elegant and sophisticated design
But blindingly simple. It's just done right, and nothing more. I hit the bullseye choosing the L2 plate though. I think I would probably have been disappointed with the L1. Given the asking prices of a lot of other razors on the market, US$200 is a bargain.

But blindingly simple. It's just done right, and nothing more. I hit the bullseye choosing the L2 plate though. I think I would probably have been disappointed with the L1. Given the asking prices of a lot of other razors on the market, US$200 is a bargain.
Yeah, not helping the RAD @Gargravarr

I would guess it's a machined finish, though they don't say. Their picture appears to show a polished one. In my case, machined with a few minutes' work with a strip of 1200 or 1800-grit wet&dry is a much more satisfactory compromise.
I couldn't rell which level it is either. Blackland in the U.S. still has polished level 1 Sabres for $175 USD.

Rocca R95
Wizamet
26mm 2-Band Badger - TroyCraft
Blue Devil Vetiver
Tasmanian Huon Pine Splash

WOW!!! now here are two scents I would of never considered enjoying. From online descriptions Vetiver "Vetiver smells like dry grass on a warm day, with damp clumps of soil still clinging to its roots " well who wants to smell like damp soil and roots right? but the base notes of Musk and Lime add to the Vetiver to make is such an amazing scent.. I love it :)

Another surprise was the Huon Pine splash. I reckon I have stated it on this forum before but who in their right mind wants to smell like a pine tree right? well this scent just blew me away, absolutely love it and up there with my favourite scents.. if it were not for the generosity of @CraigE I would of never known.. thank you very much mate (y)

52197829767_62b67c44cd_b.jpg

Ryg1ckf.png

Damn Imgur! :mad:

Pre - Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor - Stirling Stainless DE Razor, Standard Head, Dallas Handle
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum
Brush - Reknotted Vtg. Rubberset 20mm Maggard Synthetic
Soap - Ethos Grooming Essentials Mélange d’agrumes Premium Shave
Post - Ethos Grooming Essentials Mélange d’agrumes Skin Food Splash

After the first shave with Stirling Stainless, it has become my new favorite DE razor. The fit of the parts is perfect. But, he polished finish still shows way too many tool marks. The shave, however, was amazing. Lots of blade feel, so I rode the cap a lot in the beginning. The Stirling easily mowed down three days' growth. For such an efficient razor, the shave was pretty smooth, and left me with BBS after two and a half passes

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.