Fragrance: Acca Kappa ODE EDP

Hotel shave in Adelaide

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co - Lavender Patch
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's Cucumber witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Rante Kapua Torajah, Sulawesi

SOTD – Thu 7 JUL 2022
Aussie Wednesday shave on Thursday with Tassie Tallow - “LEMON BALM and PEPPERMINT”, a natural Tallow base soap. This soap has a short ingredient list: Saponified Tallow, Olive oil, Beeswax, Lemon balm, Peppermint essential oil. The soap is hard and comes in 100g tins for AU$12.50 which equates“Awesome” Bang-for-Buck value.

SOTD-20220707-setup.png

Shave Result: From previous experience with Tassie Tallow soap it fails to generate a normal stable lather foam, so I treat the soap as a non-lathering soap and just whipped up a wet soapy mix straight off the puck with my moist brush, making no attempt to generate a lather and just painted the soapy mix on my face. Of the puck and lather the scent is dominated by a light Tallow aroma I don’t detect any lemon nor peppermint, this could be my post Covid nose or the soap has aged (it’s over 18months old). Now if you can get passed those lather attributes then this soap produces exceptional shaving performance: slick as snails snot, cushion galore, residual forever and a lovely post shave feel. The mild “Mellon” head razor gave me a great smooth, close DFS with just a couple weepers.

🎥Shave VIDEO🎥

The Gear:
+ Pre Shave: Nak Close Brushless Shave Cream (A)
+ Brush: ShaveXDave “The Green&Gold” with 24mm APShave Synbad Fan knot(A)
+ Soap: Tassie Tallow - “LEMON BALM and PEPPERMINT” (A)
+ Bowl: Soap Mug
+ Razor: Yaqi “Mellon” head
+ Blade: Wizamet Iridium (3)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol
+ Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream Menthol
+ After Shave: Dana - English Leather
+ Moisturiser: Sukin for Men Facial Moisturiser (A)
(A) = Australian Made

Available here for the moment at US$215 apparently. If you want second-hand, they seem to appear even more rarely than Vectors.
Apparently you just need to spend endless hours trawling the internet and check daily. I may have just secured a machined Level 2 Sabre and the seller has a Vector for sale too.

EryCbtw.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- The Varlet 24.5mm Beehive
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil - Magh Tured
Razor:- British Made 1912 Gem
Blade:- Gem (8)
Aftershave:- Murphy & McNeil - Magh Tured
I can understand why some vintage SE advocates quote them as next best thing to a straight. It's smooth and efficient without any irritation.
Very surprised at how efficient under the neck and jawbone. Very few SE are as efficient without being aggressive.

EryCbtw.jpg

Blade:- Gem (8)
I can understand why some vintage SE advocates quote them as next best thing to a straight. It's smooth and efficient without any irritation.
Very surprised at how efficient under the neck and jawbone. Very few SE are as efficient without being aggressive.
That is one fine looking shave right there!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson The Duke shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (4)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars EDP

Nice to come home to this.

iQQlKYNl.jpg

w0A9QgE.png

Pre - Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor - Stirling Stainless DE Razor, Standard Head, Dallas Handle
Blade - Astra Superior Platinum
Brush - AP Shave Co. 24mm 2BED Ruby Ripple Handle
Soap - Noble Otter Firefighter Limited Edition Shave Soap
Post - Noble Otter Firefighter Limited Edition Aftershave Splash

Slowly getting the correct angle dialed in on this razor. DFS in one pass (WTG) with no issues. Not a bad deal for $70. USD plus shipping.

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co - Lavender Patch
Razor: Alpha Claymore Evolution
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's Cucumber witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Rante Kapua Torajah, Sulawesi

I just realised I usually forget to credit the bowl when I show it, so here you are: Jilli Spencer, Tin Shed Pottery, Launceston TAS

That is one fine looking shave right there!
Thanks Tom
2ftIEmW.jpg

Blade:- Gem (9)
Gem is showing signs of just starting to shows signs of tugging and could get a few more shaves out of it but 2 weeks is a good innings
Very surprised at how efficient under the neck and jawbone. Very few DE are as efficient without being aggressive.
FTFM: what I meant to say is that most of the DE kept are for overall performance but especially in this region where neck meets jaw under the ear, and the 1912 has been outperforming most of these thin headed blade forward modern SS razors in that area. Not just in stubble reduction but a complete lack of irritation or afterburn. I have read some refer to this as less exfoliation but I would leave that term to brushes and lather.

Gem is showing signs of just starting to shows signs of tugging and could get a few more shaves out of it but 2 weeks is a good innings...
My feeling too. I can easily get 8 good face& head shaves out of any good AC or GEM blade, but I've arrived at a rotation that swaps blades in all of my razors after they've all had at least 7 goes. It must be hard to keep track for those of us who have lots of razors and/or lots of blades in circulation. A genuine first-world problem... :unsure:

Life was simpler when I was in my late teens or 20s, I just had the one razor and whatever blades I got from the chemists (wilkies or Gillette). I never heard of the exotic ones like the 7O'clock Yellows or Nacets etc, and it's probably just as well. I might have got so embroiled in that, I might have forgotten how to live my life.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 solid brass Paste & Cut razor
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum EDT

Does it get any better?

BV41kaJl.jpg

AKcHw5e.png

Blade - Astra Superior Platinum-
Brush - AP Shave Co. 24mm Synbad Fan Synthetic
Soap - Fine Fresh Vetiver Triple Milled Tallow Shave Soap
Post - Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Aftershave

AKcHw5e.png

Blade - Astra Superior Platinum-
Brush - AP Shave Co. 24mm Synbad Fan Synthetic
Soap - Fine Fresh Vetiver Triple Milled Tallow Shave Soap
Post - Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Aftershave
A very seductive handle @klinker looks like a smoky, dark rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.