Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
WR2 1.25
Wizamet
TroyCraft 28mm boar
Blue Devil Lavender Patch Soap and Balm

Got to love lavender, picked some fresh tips from my morning walk with the dog and enjoy smelling them during the walk.. Awesome start to the day (y)

52248691400_39a842c4c8_h.jpg
A really classy photo mate! (y)

Preshave: cold water
Brush: Simpson Berkley badger
Soap: Shaver Heaven Vetiver
Straight: 6/8 made in China - good razor when honed but the scales are cheap, flimsy plastic which annoyingly creak & squeak
Postshave: cold shower & alum block

When I was in primary school Daffodil Peanut Paste had their factory out Zillmere/Sandgate way. The scent of Verified reminds me of the mounds of peanut shells. Good soap, good brush, good blade and great memories.

giphy.gif

Don't tell his wife that he took off the wedding ring to be single again.
Sorry Speedmaster, it doesn't work like that. Taking your ring off doesn't magically make you single again. :rolleyes::p

I managed to lose mine. I think it might have ended up inside a cow near Harvey (WA). I have since made quite a few wedding rings for other people, but have never got around to replacing my own. I still appear to be married though... :unsure:

iasNUaf.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lava Flow Select Badger
Soap: Los Jabones De Joserra Rodrigo De Jerez
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alt Innsbruck Aftershave Lotion

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @TroyTools Platypig boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable razor (6)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (4)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum EDT

Sweet

cczNyJtl.jpg

1iEWJbX.png

Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Yates 921-H Brushed Brass
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Restored Butterscotch Opal 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme Shave Soap
Post: Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme Aftershave Splash

@Mark1966 what's the like fragrance? Pro and Cons? It's been on my shopping list for too bloody long.

That would be a bay rum fragrance ???

Seriously, after the splash it is hard to know if this adds anything or not - but you should just simply buy it and not think too much :)

A crackin' SOTW

IMG-20220731-124052-2.jpg

A highly enjoyable shaving week using the Vector Ti and Kai Pink blade combination providing effortless near BBS results. Managed to finish another soap and as nice as the jaffa scent smelt originally, overtime the orange scent became noticeably earthy for my liking with strong hints of cedarwood so glad to see this one finished. The Evo synthetic feels super soft yet good backbone but can't help but be disappointed as the lopsided knot shape is very off-putting for a 'premium' priced brush...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

The lightness of the Vector makes it a little safer if I shiver. From time to time I find myself briefly alarmed at how quickly I'm getting through this sublime soap (I think the level is down about 8mm), but then I force myself to just forget it and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.