Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
u4K2hWz.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Soap: Art of Shaving Lavender (thanks @Gargravarr)
Brush: RazorRock Synthetic
Razor: TI Dreadnought
So how did it go?

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Valobra + 2 drops rose EO 3%
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Time to smell the roses... :love:
Beautiful brush.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable razor (6)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (3)
Post-shave: APR Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: APR Fenchurch EDP

Sweet

Nn2CPGh.png

Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Stirling Stainless DE Razor ST
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush: RazoRock 400 Aluminum 24mm Noir Plissoft
Soap: ‌Luna Cosmetics Mentolado Shaving Soap
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Lather Bowl

1-1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

20220803-SOTD-S-Sharp-Frame.jpg

Razor: Blutt 0.86
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Matilda Prototype Rhodium knots 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

Last edited:

Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Olive oil as a post shave sounds oily lol never considered this.. does it absorb into the skin or does it leave a greasy film?

Welcome back. :) I see you've been seduced away from your lycanthropes by the Blutt. Good to see :D

Olive oil as a post shave sounds oily lol never considered this.. does it absorb into the skin or does it leave a greasy film?
Organic Extra Virgin Light Olive Oil (cold pressed) as an aftershave balm is great for the Autumn and Winter seasons so your skin doesn't dry out too soon it's very rich in vitamin E and antioxidants after you have rinsed your face and dried with a towel, wet your hand and put just 3-5 drops of oil. More than this will give you oily skin (and depending on how big your face is) it will not harm, but too much is just too much.

Then wet the other hand and rub hands together in order to evenly spread the oil in both hands. Now rub and massage your face and neck until you feel they are covered by a very thin layer of oil. Let it absorb for few minutes (with argan or olive oil it usually takes 3-4 minutes) and apply your favorite aftershave or balm.

Your hands will be oily, of course, and you can remove the oil by washing them with soap.

The best results are obtained with Olive Oil (it is well known ancient Greeks and Romans used this oil as a remedy for skin burns and irritations, as well as for strengthening and soothing muscles which is slower to be absorbed but, in my opinion, leaves a smoother skin.

olive-oil-pic.jpg

BVAO1jr.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Pré de Provence No 63
Razor: Rex Ambassador (3)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Nelum Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Is there a better shaving soap scent than Pré de Provence No 63? Giving this one serious contemplation.

Organic Extra Virgin Light Olive Oil (cold pressed) as an aftershave balm is great for the Autumn and Winter seasons so your skin doesn't dry out too soon it's very rich in vitamin E and antioxidants after you have rinsed your face and dried with a towel, wet your hand and put just 3-5 drops of oil. More than this will give you oily skin (and depending on how big your face is) it will not harm, but too much is just too much.

Then wet the other hand and rub hands together in order to evenly spread the oil in both hands. Now rub and massage your face and neck until you feel they are covered by a very thin layer of oil. Let it absorb for few minutes (with argan or olive oil it usually takes 3-4 minutes) and apply your favorite aftershave or balm.

Your hands will be oily, of course, and you can remove the oil by washing them with soap.

The best results are obtained with Olive Oil (it is well known ancient Greeks and Romans used this oil as a remedy for skin burns and irritations, as well as for strengthening and soothing muscles which is slower to be absorbed but, in my opinion, leaves a smoother skin.

olive-oil-pic.jpg
Nice post, Speedmaster 👍.
Paging @alfredus - if I recall correctly, this is a subject dear to your heart that you may wish to chime in on.

olive-oil-pic.jpg

Thanks Speedy.. well guess what? KG whiting isn't all Port Vic produces.. got some of the father in laws own cold pressed kalamata olive oil at home an ill give this a go tomorrow (y)

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion...
...Is there a better shaving soap scent than Pré de Provence No 63? Giving this one serious contemplation.
The Valobra Glicerlanolina being kept in reserve now? ;)
I've always been deeply suspicious of products that identify themselves by just an integer, but this sounds like an endorsement too authoritative to ignore. I should probably nudge myself out of my lavender rut, so maybe this might be a good place to start. :unsure:

Edit: and done. Order placed. As if I didn't have enough soaps. Oh well, it'll be a while before Mme Gargravarr notices... :unsure:

Last edited:
The Valobra Glicerlanolina being kept in reserve now? ;)
I've always been deeply suspicious of products that identify themselves by just an integer, but this sounds like an endorsement too authoritative to ignore. I should probably nudge myself out of my lavender rut, so maybe this might be a good place to start. :unsure:

Edit: and done. Order placed. As if I didn't have enough soaps. Oh well, it'll be a while before Mme Gargravarr notices... :unsure:
Nice work on the No 63 😉. The Glicerlanolina remains peerless in my estimation, but the local Country Life lanolin soap is good stuff, and a fine backup. Trying to finish the cake of soap, but it is lasting remarkably well; another virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies.